Sign in to follow this  
Furelli

Wave IX predictions

No boats of any kind (except I wouldn't mind the Skipray, but it's not really on my wishlist)

Clawcraft would be cool, although it probably has a snowball's chance in hell.

StealthX would be dandy as well, but that probably has a worse chance then the Clawcraft.

Edited by YwingAce

4. Reb: Whatever Jyn Erso and her team flies in Rogue One

Announcement will be after we see their ship in a trailer.

I really do hope they wait till they have seen the movie this time  :rolleyes: I don't want purple leader, pink ace, brown ace, grey leader   :P

I agree.  And it would be good to have PS set correctly the first go round (looking at you Poe).  Maybe Di$ney isn't as tight lipped with this movie?  I want to say I heard something somewhere about FFG getting Rogue 1 information earlier than they got Ep VII info.

4. Reb: Whatever Jyn Erso and her team flies in Rogue One

Announcement will be after we see their ship in a trailer.

I really do hope they wait till they have seen the movie this time  :rolleyes: I don't want purple leader, pink ace, brown ace, grey leader   :P

Don't forget about Pi Ace and Phi Leader.  :P

TIE/sf, 1-2 releases of each of the other factions but all bets are kind of off as far as that goes. Cloakshape configured as the Scum Bomber would be fantastic, though I guess as Scum has kind of become the large ship faction that the Havoc would be ok.

There will probably be a Loyalist of the 1stOrder pack with Kylo's shuttle and an alt paint TIE/FO with the TIE-SF title that gives it a <crew> and <turret> slot. Might include two or three of them in a pack.

Edited by Marinealver

FFG will delay the presentation of wave 9 untill release of Rogue One.

Wave 9 will be on sale in 1Q 2017.

Untill then we get Imperial Veterans, Heroes of the Resistance, First Order Elites (With First Order PS9 pilot)

Scum Hirelings (With Black Sun Scyk and Grey Star Viper)

TIE/sf, 1-2 releases of each of the other factions but all bets are kind of off as far as that goes. Cloakshape configured as the Scum Bomber would be fantastic, though I guess as Scum has kind of become the large ship faction that the Havoc would be ok.

There will probably be a Loyalist of the 1stOrder pack with Kylo's shuttle and an alt paint TIE/FO with the TIE-SF title that gives it a <crew> and <turret> slot. Might include two or three of them in a pack.

Unless the Upsilon is an epic ship (I suppose it could be), I don't see why it wouldn't have it's own code. The TIE/sf is getting it's own model.

First Order Elites (With First Order PS9 pilot)

Can't wait for PS9 Kappa Leader! His unbelievable skills shown in TFA surely make a geat addition to the game and warrant putting him right next to Darth Vader, Wedge Antilles, Soontir Fel and Han Solo!

(Btw, do we have at least one named First Order pilot in the new canon? Maybe something in the comics?) 

What I expect:

Rebels: R-41 Starchaser. Probably a base cost of around 14-15 points, 2,2,2,2 statline, with a cannon upgrade as standard and a cheap, interesting title that will justify it over the Z-95 and A Wing. Rebs need a cheap, light cannon carrier, essentially what the Scyk ought to be. This will fit that role - it's one of the few niches they're missing.

Imperials: TIE/sf. The last prominent starfighter from TFA, ideally with a rear arc trather than a turret slot, but in either case this is unlikely to be a title for the TIE/fo, or otherwise released in some kind of TFA pack ala an imperial version of Heroes of the Resistance (though I didn't predict that pack, so who knows). It needs to be it's own thing. Only other possibility is the Upsilon command shuttle, but to be honest I reckon that's more likely next wave.

Scum: Scurrg bomber with Havoc title. This is in Armada, it will come to X Wing, and probably in this wave, if only because it's been in Armada long enough that the X Wing guys will have been working it for long enough. Also, Scum don;t really have a K Wing or Punisher equivalent superbomber. This is the one I'm most confident of.

Scum: Skipray Blastboat. The last interview with Alex and Frank mentioned (IIRC) that there was one more wave to bring Scum up to speed, and at present, Rebs have 13 ships, Imps 12 and Scum 11. So this wave will see one more scum ship, and since all the bounty hunter ships are done, and TFA introduced nothing for scum, unless there's something from Rogue One that nobody predicts, or they grab something from rebels (though to me, nothing stands out, even the Shadowcaster doesn't really seem likely), then they need to go back to the EU, and the Blastboat is among the most famous and iconically scum EU designs (even though the Imps used it too), thanks to the Zahn books. I'm thinking a Scum Ghost-lite, with lots of interlocking upgrade options - turret, cannon, torpedoes, system, illicit, crew, crew maybe?

What I'd love:

Recon-X for Rebels, TIE Scout for Imperials, Cloakshape and Skipray for Scum. Get your X wing fix, and some awesome support abilities for all factions, and the Cloakshape just because it's awesome.

I expect we will get a TIE/sf.

I also expect, that a new pack of t-65 x-wings will be in the works as there are several ships from Rogue One that have different paint jobs. If any new imperial craft show up in that film as well, I would expect those, all done as a TIE/In (pun intended) to Rogue One to show up.

As for scum.. I'm not really sure. The Scurrg H-6, or Shadow Caster is likely. Perhaps we will get a Guavian or Kanjikclub ship. That could be fun.

Following on from the Heroes of the Resistance announcement, I'm not expecting any ships from the Force Awakens to be announced as part of Wave 9.

I'm thinking the opposite, wave 9 to tie into TFA Core Set and the Heroes of the Resistance expansion. Though to do that it would mean the Resistance transport and Quadjumper I suppose. On the other hand First Order fans would get the Upsilon Shuttle and the TIE/sf.

Oh, we'll get the Upsilon Shuttle and TIE/sf, obviously. FFG has to bring balance to the Force (Awakens) after all, and Kylo Ren, General Hux and Captain Phasma crew cards need a ship to fly on.

They just won't be "part" of Wave 9.

Like the Heroes of the Resistance, and the T-70 and TIE/fo before them, they'll be announced and released seperately, on their own merits.

Wave 9 will feature regular Rebel, Imperial and Scum ships, likely from the Rebels TV series and/or the EU.

I am confident that there WILL be a Wave 9 announced before any Rogue One tie ins, but that's just me.  And it will follow similar trends as past and recent releases.  There will be NO rerelease content (IE Aces Packs) or Epic Releases (Huge Ships) directly associated to the Wave, as they have never done that before.  I am betting there is a Scum Huge in the pipe, but we shouldn't expect it to be related to Wave 9.  There will absolutely be Rogue One content, but I really doubt they'll wait until September to announce another Wave. 

It'll be 2-4 new ships, all of which originate from from TFA or Rebels.  Most or all of the releases going forward will come from Rebels or new films (TFA, Rogue One, Ep 8, etc.)

GIMME DAT TIE/SF!

I hope we never get the TIE S/F. Because the last thing the imperials need is another 2 attack, 3 hull, 3 agility fighter. I'm guessing it'll have a PS 9 ace too. And an interceptors dial. Yawn.

Besides its design is childlike: a second man with a gun in the engine? Really?