Sign in to follow this  
Iceeagle85

What ship to buy for Scum?

Next sunday i plan to have a 4 player game with someone friends as i have stuff from all factions we could play 2 Imperials vs 2 Rebels or one could play as Scum which I would like to because i haven't played them a lot.

Right BoW i got the Most Wanted box, a Starviper and a Khiraxz and all ships they can borrow. That would of course be playable but i want to expand my Scum collection so i was thinking buying another Khiraxz or a M3A, the first one is the better ship but normaly i trie to own one ship of each and i don't own an M3A and i want to buy another ship either a Mist Hunter or one of the big ships, i like the look of the Punishing One.

So which 2 ships would you recommend i should buy?

Jumpmaster is fun, the Houndstooth has a lot of different fun builds, and another Khiraxz is always nice.

Thanks i think it will be a Jumpmaster and a Khiraxz. Is the M3A really so bad?

@Fuzzywookie

I already got a Firespray.

M3A is really bad.

That's really sad i like the look of it.

What do you guys think about IG's ship, could you use one or is it better to use 2 to 3?

And has anyone of you ever done a 4 player game? How many points would you use per Team 100 (50 per player) or 200 (wouldn't that be a really long game?) or something in between?

Next sunday i plan to have a 4 player game with someone friends as i have stuff from all factions we could play 2 Imperials vs 2 Rebels or one could play as Scum which I would like to because i haven't played them a lot.

Right BoW i got the Most Wanted box, a Starviper and a Khiraxz and all ships they can borrow. That would of course be playable but i want to expand my Scum collection so i was thinking buying another Khiraxz or a M3A, the first one is the better ship but normaly i trie to own one ship of each and i don't own an M3A and i want to buy another ship either a Mist Hunter or one of the big ships, i like the look of the Punishing One.

Greetings! And welcome to the addiction ;).

I really like the JumpMaster 5000 as, in my opinion, its almost like having two ships in one. Specifically speaking, without the Punishing One title upgrade, it's like a lower costed (somewhat comparable) YT-2400 without the Outrider upgrade and it's almost like the Falcon with the Punishing One upgrade (again, only my opinion). The unique pilots are really, really very cool as well. Dengar's ability is fantastic, Tel's ability is awesome and I also have come to really love Manaroo's ability. Plus even the generic's elite upgrade included at the price is really neat @ only 25 points!!!

As for a second choice, I would vote for the G-1A Starfighter (Mist Hunter) as it is actually one of my favourite ships of all ships and all factions. In fact, I like it so much, I just bought a second one two days ago. Hope that helps! God bless ^_^.

Ok let me preface this by saying I dont normally play SnV and I havent had the chance to fly the Punishing One.
I do, however, fly against them a lot. My whole meta is mostly SnV actually.
I recommend picking up the Mist Hunter. Built right, it drives me mad trying to kill it.
Punishing one is a big target for me as an Imperial player. I have had no trouble turning them to dust.
Ultimatly, choose what you want.

Greetings! And welcome to the addiction ;).

I'm addicted for some time now but was never very active on this forum.

Thank for all the opinions.

Now i know that i will buy a Jumpmaster for sure, for the second ship a Khiraxz is out of question due to the shop i wanted to buy not having anymore of them. When i started this thread they still had them, **** the villain who was faster then me ;)

So it's either a Mist Hunter or M3A and all except ParaGoombaSlayer said it's a piece of junk and not the good one like the Falcon ;)

Edited by Iceeagle85

I can't speak to the scum part of your question, but in regards to playing with 4 people here's what I do.

Either just do 100 points per player (all the extra ships take longer at first but stuff die much faster as well so) or just let people pick the ships and stuff they like and work from their to make it the same amount of points. Not doing it competitively so doesn't really matter too much.

All of them.

As soon as you are able, my pretty.  As soon as you are able.

M3A is really bad.

What do you guys think about IG's ship, could you use one or is it better to use 2 to 3?

Well, generally, you can only *get* two 88s in a list.  And that's the right number - *one* of them is just 'meh'.  Once you get the title and their abilities building off each other...two are solid.  But no more and no less - if you want to go 88, get two of them.

Otherwise...Jumpmaster (easily - it's ridiculous), then Hound's Tooth, then Misthunter.

M3A is really bad.

And has anyone of you ever done a 4 player game? How many points would you use per Team 100 (50 per player) or 200 (wouldn't that be a really long game?) or something in between?

Solo Iggy is a lot of fun (and effective when you build his buddy(s) right) but tends to be built more expensively than when paired with another IG double teaming it. Unfortunately that means that he and named Jumpmasters aren't friends.

Do not let all the nay-sayers have the last word. The M3A is not really competitively strong, but fun to fly. A nice little elusive sniping troll with a Mangler, Ion or Flechette cannon, or with Tractor Beam?

The newer wave 8 ship have some cool options, but also are more expensive.

Do not let all the nay-sayers have the last word. The M3A is not really competitively strong, but fun to fly. A nice little elusive sniping troll with a Mangler, Ion or Flechette cannon, or with Tractor Beam?

The newer wave 8 ship have some cool options, but also are more expensive.

The M3-A is undercosted. 23 points for 4 attack dice is too good. Sigma Squadron Phantoms are 25.

...due to the shop i wanted to buy not having anymore of them. When i started this thread they still had them, **** the villain who was faster then me ;)

lol   :P  boy I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me!

Well these are the joys of gaming and they are plentiful ;)

All of them.

As soon as you are able, my pretty.  As soon as you are able.

Well buying all of them is of course the long term goal and i could buy more but i spend my money also on other hobbies (like other miniature wargames) and i don't like using it up completly.

What i could do though is to get the 3 ships mentioned or some of them as a present, i'm getting a year older on friday (again <_< ), but i mostly told people other stuff to gift me and i wanted some money from my mother for Warhammer Quest: SIlver Tower which looks good in my eyes and reminds me of my younger days with Heroquest. Ah the nostalgia ^_^

M3A is really bad.

Well, generally, you can only *get* two 88s in a list.  And that's the right number - *one* of them is just 'meh'.  Once you get the title and their abilities building off each other...two are solid.  But no more and no less - if you want to go 88, get two of them.

Otherwise...Jumpmaster (easily - it's ridiculous), then Hound's Tooth, then Misthunter.

Thanks for the information and the same for all the rest of you who gave me great tips.

So i think it's going to be a Mist Hunter and the Jumpmaster and to all the Firespray guys, good idea but as i said i already got one ;)

Edited by Iceeagle85