Sign in to follow this  
shadeleader

The Real Problem with PS9 Poe Dameron....

Well Poe's parents were stationed on Yavin, but are they Yavish?

Yavish? Maybe Yavinese? Yavinian? Yavinesian?

Technically it's Yavin IV, so may Yavinfourvish? Yavinfourian?

I'm going to wonder about this for hours, or until something shiny distracts me.

I've never understood the propensity for just numbering up planets in sci-fi stuff...

I mean, we don't tell folks we live on Sol III do we?

That is only because we have yet to be annexed by the 'Dragonnes' of Draconis V.  Just wait.

The real problem with Poe is that it gives the Rebs 4 PS 9s (the Resistance is not a discreet faction).

Han, Wedge, and Poe. That's 3. Who am I missing?

Resistance Han I suppose, after all it's Han, Han, Wedge and Poe now.

And Adaptability Tycho still has an EPT left, meaning he can hit 11 too.

I love the direction that Disney are taking it now because that direction appears to be far far away from the Vong. And that vas vere it vent Vong.

I'm about 80% sure the new trilogy will be about Snoke trying to defeat the Vong.

At least there is a mention of an unknown race attackin First Oder assets in the Outer Rim in the novelisation ^^

I my opinion the Vong Series was one of the best. It was something new without the whole Rebels/New Republic vs Empire setting.

The biggest problem with PS9 Poe appears to be the ridiculous amount of whining it's generated.

Seriously, the 40k forums have less complaining this week.

That's because there's like 3 40k players left everyone left to play x-wing.

Whatever you say, Champ!

I joke but sites like warseer and dakka are dead compared to this time last year there's very little traffic compared to pre 7th, that trainwreck did alot of damage.

And warhammer forums are even worse.

Dakka moves faster than this forum, in my experience.

I mean, 7th could be worse; it could be 5th or 6th.

The biggest problem with PS9 Poe appears to be the ridiculous amount of whining it's generated.

Seriously, the 40k forums have less complaining this week.

That's because there's like 3 40k players left everyone left to play x-wing.

Whatever you say, Champ!

I joke but sites like warseer and dakka are dead compared to this time last year there's very little traffic compared to pre 7th, that trainwreck did alot of damage.

And warhammer forums are even worse.

Dakka moves faster than this forum, in my experience.

I mean, 7th could be worse; it could be 5th or 6th.

5th had issues but it was at least fun to play, 6th and then gash grab 7th have heavily contributed to GW's current problems.

I think that the thing that really hurts is giving Rey PS 8. Some say, that this is justified by her being a scavenger of old ships and a person, who spend a lot of time in old y-wing flight simulator, and also by the well known fact, that she is a force wielder.

But I have a single answer for that.

Corran Horn.

He is PS 8. He is a force wielder. What is more, he is Corellian.

And what is more important - he is a professional fighter pilot, who flew in CorSec and then as an ace in Rogue Squadron. Still, PS 8.

And now we have a girl out of nowhere, frome some god-forsaken planet, who happens to know some magic Force tricks (which she didn't even knew about when flying the Falcon), and she gets to be PS 8. Why?

You're right, Poe shouldn't be PS 9... he should be the first PS 10 pilot.

I totally agree with the OP. I mean Poe is the best freaking pilot in the Galaxy, he should be natural PS10

No.

A PS of 10 would invalidate both Roark Garnet and Epsilon Ace. And really powerstep the game upwards, totally unnecessary.

Furthermore, font size does not allowed a 2digit number in the PS field.

Super-poe is a fail. he should have stayed PS8 for balance issues.

Talonbane cobra is a cyborg demigod prophetized to bring all systems of government and law to their knees with pure rage.

and Awesomeness.

Edited by Warpman

I'm going to wonder about this for hours, or until something shiny distracts me.

I've never understood the propensity for just numbering up planets in sci-fi stuff...

it was the 4th moon orbitting the planet Yavin.. and it was so out of the way... no one really cared about giving the moons names

To be fair, Mandalore is really the Dread Pirate Roberts of Star Wars. The original may die, but he lives on when someone else assumes the mantle. So no one has ever seen his face, they just ask him to do something and he says, "As you wish".

FTFY

Super-poe is a fail. he should have stayed PS8 for balance issues.

Won't be much of an issue. Against U-Boats that 3 points entirely wasted.

I still measure it against Horns, Jaxes, OLs and other "PS race" pilots

UUU is the same scarecrow as YYYY was just half a year before.

it was the 4th moon orbitting the planet Yavin.. and it was so out of the way... no one really cared about giving the moons names

That's it, exactly. We ve been hanging around on Tellus and giving names to the stuff in our own solar system for hundreds of years. The Star Wars Universe is GIGANTIC, almost no one has the time to name everything with unique names, much less have sentients the time to learn all the names. Than you also have lots of languages, probably difficult to enforce planetary names consistent (even if Standard). A lot easier to just follow numeration patterns.

Well Poe's parents were stationed on Yavin, but are they Yavish? Maybe THEY were Corellian and so even though he is from Yavin, he's still 100% Corellian blood. 

(Yes this completely destroys to whole reason he is from Yavin which is Oscar Isaac's Guatamalan heritage but shhhhhhh)

Yavin IV has no native human population anyway, and no established colony either, just a rebel base which was given up for a good part of the galactic civil war. He looks corellian to me at least. Corellians are space texans anyway, so he completely fits the theme. And with his mother being Shara Bey he is basically just born on Yavin IV and later, after endor moved back there to a new established colony. THe whole backstory sounds like Poe is basically a spacer. His parents might be indeed corillian on top of it, they sure look like it, but well, a lot of humans look like they could be corellians ;-)