Sign in to follow this  
shadeleader

The Real Problem with PS9 Poe Dameron....

I think vi on 9Poe is the worst choice possible. Why bid to 11 when you can finally take a useful ept and not be automatically down to soontir and Vader? Sure Vader can bid to 11 but he hits like a wet noodle. Poe with an actual ept is scary because his pilot ability is already really good and not needing a ps boost to fight the big boys means he can make the most of it.

To be fair, Talonbane Cobra is supposedly the Dread Pirate Roberts of Star Wars. The original may die, but he lives on when someone else assumes the mantle. So no one has ever seen his face, they just ask him to do something and he says, "As you wish".

I thought he said "Good night, Westley. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning"

Thats how I always seen him, Cobra Talon Bane is a name, but it's always the best pilot in Black sun that they can afford. I like the of him being originally some sepetisit pilot that became a pirate after the war ended and thus began hs saga, despite dying soon after.

So FFG add 2 points more for same pilot, just so it can have pilot level 9? That's stupid and lame. For 32 points I can have Poe on pilotlevel 10 with veteran instinct. One point different and less with old Poe.

I really can't see any use with this new Poe. 9 is to low for Poe. 10 is better.

You can use elite skills with him and be skill 9. Useful for pilots who aren't going to take adaptability from an obscure Mist Hunter set. Lone Wolf, and being able to pass his pilot skill around for combat phase is two fairly useful elite benefits. Push the Limit is another, less frequently used but relevant example.

Personaly I find Pilot skills is of limited use; at some point one has to start using imagination to predict where that pilot can possible go.

Edited by Lordbiscuit

Well Poe's parents were stationed on Yavin, but are they Yavish?

Yavish? Maybe Yavinese? Yavinian? Yavinesian?

Technically it's Yavin IV, so may Yavinfourvish? Yavinfourian?

I'm going to wonder about this for hours, or until something shiny distracts me.

But Poe Dameron? Poe Dameron is definitively NOT Corellian. We know Poe Dameron grew up on Yavin IV.

Disney continues to destroy the sanctity of this once-great game.

You're right. You should probably sell me all your stuff at a ridiculous discount out of pure spite,

They also coincidentally other than talon bane have to be human. And male. And lemme stop there before I say the rest of the spiel. Anyway. All human.

Wedge

Poe

Anakin

Soontir

Han

At least Poe isnt straight...

(Image removed by request of personn below me, though I cannot help the people who quoted me)

Edited by Rakaydos

Prior to the announcement of Heroes of the Rebellion, there were only two ways to qualify for a Pilot Skill of 9.

1. Be a prophesied cyborg Sith Lord who was the only human capable of podracing competitively.

2. Come from Corellia

That's right. Wedge Antilles. Soontir Fel. Han Solo. Dengar. All Corellians. And while we don't know with any certainty that Talonbane Cobra is Corellian, we don't know that he isn't, either.

But Poe Dameron? Poe Dameron is definitively NOT Corellian. We know Poe Dameron grew up on Yavin IV.

Disney continues to destroy the sanctity of this once-great game.

Destroy, deshmoy. Can you even possibly imagine how ANY Star Wars movies would get made if Disney was beholden to the thirty-odd years of fiction to keep story lines intact?!? Besides, each faction has TWO PS 9 pilots, except for the resistance and the First Order. Now the Resistance has one PS 9. I don't fly the new ships personally (I'm an OT guy), but eventually the resistance and FO will have enough ships to become their own distinct and separate factions, and will be segregated from mixing with rebel/imperial lists. But that's a while away yet. Fly the ships you want to fly, unless you're in the competitive scene, then follow the meta, you must. FLY CASUAL!

XXXXZ says take your meta and shove it up your.......... nose. :P

They also coincidentally other than talon bane have to be human. And male. And lemme stop there before I say the rest of the spiel. Anyway. All human.

Wedge

Poe

Anakin

Soontir

Han

[image removed by forum moderator.]

Ya'll gonna cry when Episode 8 shows Poe and Finn are actually related, as in like half-brothers or first cousins, and then all your ships and fanfics are ruined. Me? I'm going to be enjoying the movie.

Wedge

Poe

Anakin

Soontir

Han

[image removed by forum moderator.]

Ya'll gonna cry when Episode 8 shows Poe and Finn are actually related, as in like half-brothers or first cousins, and then all your ships and fanfics are ruined. Me? I'm going to be enjoying the movie.

Didn't ruin Frozen XD

The real problem with Poe is that it gives the Rebs 4 PS 9s (the Resistance is not a discreet faction).

Han, Wedge, and Poe. That's 3. Who am I missing?

But I suppose Imps have to wait and see if Episode 8 gives the First Order an ace pilot who can be the Empire's third PS9. 

I'm going to wonder about this for hours, or until something shiny distracts me.

I've never understood the propensity for just numbering up planets in sci-fi stuff...

I mean, we don't tell folks we live on Sol III do we?

The real problem with Poe is that it gives the Rebs 4 PS 9s (the Resistance is not a discreet faction).

Han, Wedge, and Poe. That's 3. Who am I missing?

Resistance Han I suppose, after all it's Han, Han, Wedge and Poe now.

The biggest problem with PS9 Poe appears to be the ridiculous amount of whining it's generated.

Seriously, the 40k forums have less complaining this week.

That's because there's like 3 40k players left everyone left to play x-wing.

The biggest problem with PS9 Poe appears to be the ridiculous amount of whining it's generated.

Whatever you say, Champ!

I've never understood the propensity for just numbering up planets in sci-fi stuff...

Isn't Yavin IV the fourth moon of Yavin?

Isn't Yavin IV the fourth moon of Yavin?

I don't know, don't watch Star Trek.

*awaits bites*

Ahem, but yeah, we also don't just number our moons. Saturn doesn't have Saturn IV, it has Dione...

Which according to Wikipedia is also known as Saturn IV. So I'll just shut up now.

Edited by Stu35

Whatever you say, Champ!

I joke but sites like warseer and dakka are dead compared to this time last year there's very little traffic compared to pre 7th, that trainwreck did alot of damage.

And warhammer forums are even worse.