Sign in to follow this  
Red 7

Triple X fun

Here is a fun Triple X lists that I have had pretty good results with.

All of the T-70s can clear stress pretty quickly due to the R2 Astromechs, and the squad has some hitting power with the two torpedoes. 

Not overly competitive, but fun to fly.

Has gotten the job done on more than one occasion.

Feel free to post your own XXX list, and comment on mine.

Fly Casual.

IMG_20160310_120237_zpsrlzcxdnj.jpg

I just whipped this up. Like yours, probably not super competitive, but could be fun.

8oe + R5P9 + adaptability + autothrusters

Wedge + Stay on Target + targeting astromech + integrated astromech

Janson + VI + R2 + IA

PS 10, 9, 8+/-1 gives you some flexibility - 8oe can shoot before or after Wedge. And Wedge can reposition a little. Three ships, not much survivability (besides 8oe), but would probably hit pretty hard for a three ship list.

I love triple X-wings! I'm not a fan of adv. protons, I it's really hard to get in position to fire them, especially at low PS.

Just bought the Rebel Transport and now I have three T-65s. I've been trying this list:
Wedge + BB8 + PTL + EU
Wes + Stressbot + Adaptability + Flechette torpedoes + IA
Biggs + R2D2 + IA
Played only two games so far, won one and lost one (against two decimators), but I think it is a fun (and super-fluffy!) list for casual games. Not easy to fly because it lacks any repositioning abilities and the dial is meh, but very satysfying when you manage to line up all three to shot at an ace :)

I fly Miranda and three Rookie Pilot Xwings. Tried it when the Kwing was brand spanking new and got pounded three matches straight. Tried it again this spring and I've gone 8-2. I think key is I now know the Kwing a bit better and I'm certainly flying the Xwings better after a winter of HotAC.

Miranda

-TLT

-Adv Slam

Rookie

Rookie

Rookie

100pts

I have a few that have worked out decently.

T-70 X-Wing: •Poe Dameron (37)

Autothrusters (2)

Veteran Instincts (1)

•R5-P9 (3)

T-70 X-Wing: •Ello Asty (37)

Autothrusters (2)

Draw Their Fire (1)

•R2-D2 (4)

X-Wing: •Biggs Darklighter (26)

Integrated Astromech (0)

•R4-D6 (1)

Total: 100/100

Autothrusters (2)

Veteran Instincts (1)

•R5-P9 (3)

X-Wing: •Biggs Darklighter (26)

Integrated Astromech (0)

•R4-D6 (1)

X-Wing: •Tarn Mison (25)

Integrated Astromech (0)

R7 Astromech (2)

Z-95 Headhunter: Bandit Squadron Pilot (12)

Autothrusters (2)

Veteran Instincts (1)

•R5-P9 (3)

T-70 X-Wing: •"Red Ace" (38)

Autothrusters (2)

•R2-D2 (4)

Comm Relay (3)

X-Wing: •Tarn Mison (25)

Integrated Astromech (0)

R7 Astromech (2)

I have others, these are just the recent ones I've flown.

Been flying various Wes, Luke, and Wedge lists. It's tough without much repositioning flying just the three, but it's fun.

Luke r2 d2, lone wolf, integrated astro

Wedge bb 8, predator, integrated astro

Wes r3 a2, veteran instincts, integrated astro

100 points

Relatively weak against aces, and turrets are an issue as well. Figuring out how to maneuver has been challenging, you really have to use asteroids to good effect to have a chance sometimes. That said, when you get 2 or even all three firing at something, they really do some damage. The part I haven't quite figured out is how to use Wes to great effect as his ability causes him stress and it's tough to shed the stress yourself. Been thinking about putting veteran instincts on wedge instead of predator to get the most out of the bb 8 barrel roll, but that re roll is super duper useful sometimes.

I haven't had a whole lot of luck with three-ship builds, but I've had fun running a Rogue Squadron trio:

Wedge Antilles

BB-8, Integrated Astro, Push the Limit, Advanced Proton Torpedoes

Wes Janson

R3-A2, Integrated Astro, Veteran Instincts

Hobbie Klivian

Targeting Astromech, Integrated Astro

Stress Wes sets Bat-Wedge up by taking off an enemy's focus or evade and stresses the enemy out, Wedge gets in close and Alpha Strikes with the Advanced Protons, or otherwise just lights the enemy up with his usual ability.  And Hobbie keeps their rear clear doing his "lol I'm a TIE Defender" impression.  I wouldn't call it tournament viable, but I've had fun flying it.

Love double Red Sqd Vets with Targeting astromech and wingman. Fly as conjoined twins and t-roll kturn like crazy. If I were to fly triples x, probably do this: https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!177:54,58,163,-1:-1:20:;177:54,58,163,-1:-1:20:;175:170,-1,78,-1:-1:15:&sn=New%20Squadron

Fletchettes to stress those aces, or anyone else you get behind with the troll, let them spend a turn clearing stress and turning around to get back in the fight.

I have been doing very well in my local meta with this:

Poe Dameron
R2-D2,Predator,Integrated Astromech

"Blue Ace"
R2-D6,Predator,Integrated Astromech

Red Squadron Veteren
BB-8,Predator,Integrated Astromech

.. Predator gives you such a good consistent damage output and Blue Ace's ability to 1-Turn boost as well as BB-8's BR have both been insanely useful. I have been able to deal with any large ship based list relatively easily including 3x JM or 2x JM + X, Double Decimators, Ghost + Roark and Bro-Bots. I have only struggled vs Whisper as getting around the ACD cloak 4 dice agi has been nearly impossible.. it has just outrolled me every time despite being able to get my arcs on it. I have also yet to face a Tie or A-Wing swarm with it, and I think it might also be a tricky match.

Edited by Tenka

Looks fun! I've been flying a Kyle HWK with two T-70's of various stripes, and it's fun; I also have been flying the following list with some success, lots of great cascading action dispersal, and works best in formation. I've had it fall apart when Cracken has no target though... still fun.

Garven Dreis (26)
R2-D6 (1)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

"Hobbie" Klivian (25)
Targeting Astromech (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Tarn Mison (23)
R7 Astromech (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Airen Cracken (19)
Veteran Instincts (1)

Total: 100

HERE is a list I had a blast flying

Biggs and R2, Garven and R5 P9 flew together, drawing fire regaining shields and sharing focus tokens. While Wedge boosted/flanked and picked off Ties before they could shoot back.

I played against a Tie swarm with Vader and I tabled them without loosing a single X-Wing  :D

I strongly recommend giving this list a go!  :wub:

Edited by Red 7

Biggs and R2, Garven and R5 P9 flew together, drawing fire regaining shields and sharing focus tokens. While Wedge boosted/flanked and picked off Ties before they could shoot back.

I played against a Tie swarm with Vader and I tabled them without loosing a single X-Wing :D

I strongly recommend giving this list a go! :wub:

Why put R5-p9 on Garven?! It nulifies his ability, since garven has to spend his focus during the combat phase or another time to give it to someone, and thus wont likely have it to use the regeneration. Edited by knavelead

I played against a Tie swarm with Vader and I tabled them without loosing a single X-Wing  :D

I strongly recommend giving this list a go!  :wub:

Why put R5-p9 on Garven?! It nulifies his ability, since garven has to spend his stress during the combat phase or another tiem to give it to someone, and thus wont likely have it to use the regeneration.

I didn't feel that anything was nullified.

I would use Garven's focus if needed, save it for R5 P9 to use, OR I was able to pass it off to another X-Wing, generally Biggs with a lower pilot skill who could use it for his attack...

Have I miss read the cards?

Edited by Red 7

No. Garven would need to still be holding the focus at end of combat to spend it on droid shields. At that point passing the focus is pointless.

That's is my understanding of the card. 

As I said, I have the following options:

- Use the focus for Garvin's own attack/defence 

- Not use the focus and pass it to Biggs to use for his attack (Biggs has a lower PS and shoots after Garvin) or

- Not use the focus at all until I spend it to recover Garvin's shield.

IMHO this is a very versatile use for R5 P9

I''m sorry i said spend stress on an earlier post, I dont know why I even typed that, must have half way thought of Keyan Farlander at the time.

Anyway, I'm just thinking that putting R5-p9 on Garven is a waste, since you typically want to spend his focus to give a focus to someone else, every turn.

That way Garven Focuses...then he uses the focus, for defense or an attack at ps6. And gives it now to say Biggs, or a Red Squadron guy or whoever fires after Garven (since that is the best use of it in my opinion), who also has set up a target lock on someone this same turn.

Well Biggs has target locked at his enemy and only fires his primary weapon lasers at the enemy. Rolling 3 dice (we'll say range 2) now he can reroll dice with the target lock and then use the focus (thanks to Garven) to modify the eyes into damage.

Alternatively biggs could instead just use the Target lock OR the focus if he rolled well enough.

It reinforces Biggs big time, since Biggs is benefitting from 2 actions each turn now (again doesnt have to be Biggs- it can be another pilot that is going to fire after Garven).

Imagine also putting the R5-P9 on Biggs in this scenario....Garven uses focus, then gives it to Biggs Biggs attacks oes his target lock only, but has a focus on him thanks to Garven. And then at the end phase if Biggs didnt usethe focus (and just used the TL or ndidnt need to use even that) he can regen a shield. Plus Biggs in usually taking hits for people anyway- so regeneration on him is wise.

Also think about adding in Dutch to this idea, constantly Target locking foes, and giving out free target locks to either Garven or Biggs...2 target locks for the price of one action if he stays near a buddy of his. dutch is also PS6 so is able to shoot before or after Garven, which means they can alternate on which one wants to firefirst if Garven might want to pass the focus to Dutch instead.

Edited by knavelead

No. Garven would need to still be holding the focus at end of combat to spend it on droid shields. At that point passing the focus is pointless.

That's is my understanding of the card. 

As I said, I have the following options:

- Use the focus for Garvin's own attack/defence 

- Not use the focus and pass it to Biggs to use for his attack (Biggs has a lower PS and shoots after Garvin) or

- Not use the focus at all until I spend it to recover Garvin's shield.

IMHO this is a very versatile use for R5 P9

Basically an ability like Garven's is fighting with the ability of R5-P9. Sure you have options but if, say you put R5-P9 on Biggs, you could spend focus on Garven during combat, then pass a focus to Biggs who could then use it to recover his shield. That way not only do you have options but you can do them all at the same time. The thing is Garven is always going to want to use his focus anyway either in attack or defence .. having it available in both and not having to "not use it" to so you can recover a shield is just going to be better if you know that you can pass a focus to something who can use it profitably.

Putting R5-P9 on Garven runs you the risk of needing to do both options but only being able to do one .. something people like to refer to as a "non-combo" or "non-bo" for short.

Edited by Tenka

Never rely on synergy it's a house of cards.

I'm not sure what that was directed at .. I dont think anyone here is building anything that relies on synergy.

I like Garven with R5-P9 while running Kyle with Moldy crow. Garven focuses, Kyle passes him a focus, then he spends his focus, passing it to a friend, and the end phase, spend the extra focus on a shield(even if fully shielded), and pass it right back to Kyle.

I got "the boys" back together with THIS list  :D

Essentially the same strategy. 

Wedge zips around, arc dodges, and lends wis fire power from the flanks. The R2 Astromech makes it easier for him to clear stress and be a little less predictable.

Luke uses his ability to increase his own defence, and he can give Biggs an extra focus token if desired through Squad Leader.

Biggs does his thing, drawing fire, and using R2 D2 to regenerate shields.

I have only flown this once, but I did win! 

The highlight was when Like and Biggs got behind Vader and took him out in turn 3!!! :P

Sweet sweet revenge!!!

UGH! Just realized that Biggs can't take two focus!  :(

Back to the drawing board...

Edited by Red 7