Sign in to follow this  
patox

3 popular canon Prequel-Era ships you never heard of

I too like the twilight.

For a long time it was speculated that it would end up in the game with the first asymmetric dial.

THIS, however, is the ugliest ship in Star Warshttp://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/9/95/TIE-M1_XWA.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20060307211946

Agreed. The only one I don't like is the 2nd one. It looks like a stinkin' space rabbit. But I have a soft spot for freighters in sci-fi.

I too like the twilight.

For a long time it was speculated that it would end up in the game with the first asymmetric dial.

THIS, however, is the ugliest ship in Star Wars

TIE-M1_XWA.jpg

What in the hell is THAT....thing?!

I too like the twilight.

TIE-M1_XWA.jpg

The TIE experimental M1.

I have no idea what EU source material the TIE experimental line comes from, but ever since I was exposed to this atrocity, I feel it is my obligation to point it out whenever a conversation turns to "the ugliest ship in Star Wars" (which it does with surprising regularity)

I have no idea what EU source material the TIE experimental line comes from, but ever since I was exposed to this atrocity, I feel it is my obligation to point it out whenever a conversation turns to "the ugliest ship in Star Wars" (which it does with surprising regularity)

X-wing Alliance, apparently.

The TIE Experimental line all came from X-Wing Alliance, the last game from the X-Wing/TIE Fighter video game series. The TIE Experimental M3 (a TIE Interceptor with missile pods strapped to the sides) is the only one that ever showed up anywhere else.

TIEexperimentalM3-RECG.jpg

The TIE Experimental line all came from X-Wing Alliance, the last game from the X-Wing/TIE Fighter video game series. The TIE Experimental M3 (a TIE Interceptor with missile pods strapped to the sides) is the only one that ever showed up anywhere else.

TIEexperimentalM3-RECG.jpg

And it isn't bad. As an experimental "let's think outside the box" prototype from some R&D think tank, that ship works.

As I recall, so do one or two of the others.

the M1... doesn't.

Come on, we have E-wings, Mist Hunter and Jumpmasters in this game :P

I won't speak for the last 2, but the E-Wing is among the most beautiful ships in the game.

I wouldn't say it's among the most beautiful, but the E-wing is certainly better looking than any of these.

TIE experimentals need to be a set of upgrade cards for the various TIE models like right now. The double cockpit pod single wing TIE is a masterpiece. Slap a HLC on a 12 point TIE, genius! Slap some missiles on the Interceptor and hope it's either got an EPT for Deadeye or is carrying prockets.

There was one I remember hat had a booster engine, maybe that could be the SLAM the Empire will finally get since the Missile. Boat has been passed over so many times. I think one of them was a droid guided smart bomb, and I forget the last one. I'm sure it was hideous like the rest.

GrimmyV all of the M#s are actually droid/remotely guide by pilots at a base.

So they (if brought into the game) need to be reatively bad PS to represent that they are either droids or just have some sort of lag fro mthe controllers (not same as an actual pilot inside, since if I recall they mentioned that somewhere they interface/controlling wasnt perfect.

Yes there was one that was a flat out bomb/missile really only good for ramming. And then there was the Heavy laser one which is the single wing, 2 ball design. The Interceptor one I actually like- the one sohwn by others, with all of its missiles.

Edited by knavelead

I too like the twilight.

TIE-M1_XWA.jpg

Once upon a time in Coruscant:

"Sir, we have too many Cockpits, but running out of solar panels!"

"Ok, I have an idea..."

I won't speak for the last 2, but the E-Wing is among the most beautiful ships in the game.

Bwhaaaat?! To each their own. Do they make paper bags that small? :P

As for the SS-54 Assault Ship, it actually could work very well in x-wing, as there are at least TWO names pilots and a Title; Sugi and her niece (i think) Jas Emari who both flew the Halo.

Sugi was from the Seven Samurai themed clone wars episode, Jas Emari from the novel Aftermath.

Now of course in Aftermath it would be a rebel ship, but making it a most wanted style double pack would be nice.

Bwhaaaat?! To each their own. Do they make paper bags that small? :P

As for the SS-54 Assault Ship, it actually could work very well in x-wing, as there are at least TWO names pilots and a Title; Sugi and her niece (i think) Jas Emari who both flew the Halo.

Sugi was from the Seven Samurai themed clone wars episode, Jas Emari from the novel Aftermath.

Now of course in Aftermath it would be a rebel ship, but making it a most wanted style double pack would be nice.

Ignoring that part about the beautiful E-wing, the Halo has a few pilots. Sugi was the original and it was her ship, but the short guy (I forget his name?) flies it in the episode with Chewie. It's probably not to far of a stretch to say Embo flew it at one point as well.

What bothers me about M3 is why would you do [the upper picture] instead of [the lower picture]?

In a 3d fighter space game the pods hidden inside the panels would make the ship look too similar to a regular tie interceptor.

As for ships in starwars being ugly most of them are its a tradition. Some people getting a negative reaction to a ship and just summing it up as ugly are just being too lazy and dismissive to understand why that ship provokes that negative reaction.

Edited by Dodt