Sign in to follow this  
NeverBetTheFett

So they bring in a new Poe, but why not a new Luke?

With Luke, it's the platform and not the pilot that's the problem (not that there was anything wrong with Poe, new Poe is arguably worse than old Poe). If Luke was in a T-70 he'd see more play. 

Why not improve him?

The problem with Luke isn't Luke it's the T-65. His ability is actually quite nice for the price, he can be a fairly tanky T-65 in fact. But a fairly tanky T-65 is still pretty fragel. So any fix to the X-Wing in general helps luke.

But this pack is about the Resistance so it makes no sense to include him. On the other hand as others have said, how do you include Poe's X-Wing but not include Poe? I don't know that he needed a bump to PS9 but I think he's more fluffy that way. But either way it's unlikely some other pilot card got pulled for the sake of putting Poe in that box.

The new Poe card solely exists because it would be weird to release his personal ship in a pack that didn't contain him as a pilot.

With Poe in this expansion, people that didn't buy a TFA Core set can still get all of the notable resistance characters by picking up this and a T-70 expansion.

When it comes to the new Poe card, I smell a mouse. A mouse that previously owned a steamboat.

I don't get that impression at all. I think the designers had no idea what sort of pilot Poe would be and they went conservative in development. As I understand it, they didn't have any special advanced-viewing privileges; they saw the movie the same time we all did. I'm sure they took one look at Poe's flying and their guts wrenched and they said, "He should've been PS 9." Now they're doing it justice since they have the whole picture to use. 

Edited by Budgernaut

It's a T-70 expansion, a fighter Luke was never shown flying.

Can we save the "Whaddabout Luke?" until her gets ignored in an X-Wing fixxer upper like the assumed Rebel Veterans will be?  This sounds like the "Whaddabout the T-65?" thread after Imperial Veterans was released.

I mean, I get that some people are nonplussed by Heroes of the Resistance, but incredulity about the lack of upgrades for Luke in an expansion that doesn't contain his ship, and is chronologically set in a time period when he's an old man is a little silly.