Sign in to follow this  
johnboyire

Is this card the t-65 "fix"?

I doubt it becasue there's only one. Unless the card specifically synergizes with a T-65 names pilot?

It seems like the fixes are coming in small doses by making named pilots really good. Hobbie and the Targeting Astro is a great little ship.

I said before that I would like to see a negative cost of 1 point on the T-65 so you can fly 5 rookies, doubt this will do that if there's just one card. 

Edited by Talonbane Cobra

I doubt it becasue there's only one. Unless the card specifically synergizes with a T-65 names pilot?

It seems like the fixes are coming in small doses by making named pilots really good. Hobbie and the Targeting Astro is a great little ship.

I said before that I would like to see a negative cost of 1 point on the T-65 so you can fly 5 rookies, doubt this will do that if there's just one card. 

Actually, an Astromech that just costs -1 point and does nothing else would be an interesting potential fix for low PS x-wings.  Just making them that much more points efficient - they'd then be effectively a little more than two shields better than the k-fighter, and the 5-k swarm isn't exactly lighting up the meta right now.

Actually, an Astromech that just costs -1 point and does nothing else would be an interesting potential fix for low PS x-wings.  Just making them that much more points efficient - they'd then be effectively a little more than two shields better than the k-fighter, and the 5-k swarm isn't exactly lighting up the meta right now.

If you use your IA to ditch the minus one point astro doesn't tat make the universe implode cos your squad has now gone over the points limit?

We are talking particle accelerator black hole levels of disaster here.

If you use your IA to ditch the minus one point astro doesn't tat make the universe implode cos your squad has now gone over the points limit?

We are talking particle accelerator black hole levels of disaster here.

No.

Read the rules for discarding cards - discarded cards are out of play *except for determining squad point cost*.

Otherwise firing your munitions would give your opponent MoV...  Or Moff Jerjerrod ejecting Palpatine...

I don't get why people categorise ships by how many you can spam. What is it with people and spam?

In the case of low-PS generics, because swarms are often the best way to fly them.

Edited by thespaceinvader

I don't get why people categorise ships by how many you can spam. What is it with people and spam?

I don't at all, I just think 20 point rookies would make them a decent choice, especially if they were 20 point rookies with IA.

It's not about spam it's about flying ships in proper squads, rebels fly in pairs and empire flies in threes so we like to build squads like that when we can.

Given that the first word (PR???) is centered above what has to be the 8 letter word, "THRUSTERS",  and that it is visibly smaller by two letters on the left side (and presumably two on the right), we can expect the second  word to be either 4 or 5 letters long. 

"PROW THRUSTERS" makes sense, and it is the most likely match given the limited number of 4 or 5 letter words that begins with the letters PR.

If Prow Thrusters is indeed the name, it'll probably be a sort of reverse thrust (as the OP suggests), either reducing speed, allowing a full stop, or even moving backwards while keeping the same facing - all with a stress cost, or possibly a cost to hull.

Given that the card is not identified by the unique indicator, I expect the cost for using it will be prohibitive.

Given that the first word (PR???) is centered above what has to be the 8 letter word, "THRUSTERS",  and that it is visibly smaller by two letters on the left side (and presumably two on the right), we can expect the second  word to be either 4 or 5 letters long. 

"PROW THRUSTERS" makes sense, and it is the most likely match given the limited number of 4 or 5 letter words that begins with the letters PR.

If Prow Thrusters is indeed the name, it'll probably be a sort of reverse thrust (as the OP suggests), either reducing speed, allowing a full stop, or even moving backwards while keeping the same facing - all with a stress cost, or possibly a cost to hull.

Given that the card is not identified by the unique indicator, I expect the cost for using it will be prohibitive.

It could also be a new illicit. I'm expecting "Trick ------" to be illicit as well, based on the jumpmaster art.

Prow Thrusters make sense. Possibly letting you reduce speed by 1 to a minimum of 1. Prevents jousters from bumping which is their death toll. Probably a mod, so you have to choose IA or PT.

I was also thinking it could be Proto Thrusters, adding evade action to your action bar.

All I know, it only comes with one of those thrusters (if the picture is any indication, haha yea right) and if it turns out to be an xwing fix like IA, lot of people are gonna be pissed its in this $40 expansion and you need like 3 or 4 of them.

FFG has been having lots of fun with abilities that allow facing changes such as S-loops, T-rolls, etc. Could "prow thrusters" allow some sort of pre or post movement facing change? Like bow thrusters on a ship IRL.

FFG has been having lots of fun with abilities that allow facing changes such as S-loops, T-rolls, etc. Could "prow thrusters" allow some sort of pre or post movement facing change? Like bow thrusters on a ship IRL.

I think they might.  See above post.

Giving you a one-off ability to give a manoeuvre a t-roll-style 90 degree turn in exchange for stress would seem interesting and balanced to me.

And just think: if Snap Shot is a single-use EPT Tomax might just get a LOT better with this pack.

Edited by thespaceinvader

If its a modification it competes with IA, so you do not need 3-4 of each. But I agree a single one per pack is not enough to be a fix (unless it was developed earlier to be in a pack based on rogue one movie that was delayed when the movie was delayed from may to december)

thrust... ---> thrusters --> mod slot != integrated astromech

if it's going to be usable on the t-70 as pictured, though, it'd have to be a tech slot because integrated/thrusters are simply too good

going to have to guess no ito fixing the t-65

Edited by ficklegreendice

There is no "one fix for T-65's".  Integrated Astromech was one free upgrade.  They also did mention that the title slot is out there to be used.  I'm sure there are a number of different things that will come out that will make the T-65 cool again.  I just don't think it will be 1 thing.  "The Fix" is a myth.  

Could simply be a modification for  X-Wing, adds boost to the ship with cost -1. Simple..   would nto be good to use in t-70 but would be a valid alternative for the t-65.. and would make sense somethign thrust related  to add boost. Or simply   allow after a turn 3 to  turn your ship 90 degrees and add a stress. Would be nearly irrelevant in the t-70 but would emulate a tallon roll.

There are lots of possibilities  thrust related that could help t65 without helping the t-70 much

Could simply be a modification for  X-Wing, adds boost to the ship with cost -1. Simple..   would nto be good to use in t-70 but would be a valid alternative for the t-65.. and would make sense somethign thrust related  to add boost. Or simply   allow after a turn 3 to  turn your ship 90 degrees and add a stress. Would be nearly irrelevant in the t-70 but would emulate a tallon roll.

There are lots of possibilities  thrust related that could help t65 without helping the t-70 much

it's not going to be useless for the t-70, considering it comes in a pack with a very prominent t-70 :P