Sign in to follow this  
daddystabz

Post here when you find the Adventurer's Toolkit at your local store!!!!

I expected as much, though I can't say I like the Swordmaster, Ironbreaker and Wardancer being basic careers...

On the other hand, since apparently in v3 the only advanced careers are "higher levels" of certain basic careers (like the slayers, priests or wizards) and each career gives the PC roughly equal advancement opportunities, perhaps we should get our minds out of the v1/v2 "advanced = more power" box.

Ferozstein said:

I expected as much, though I can't say I like the Swordmaster, Ironbreaker and Wardancer being basic careers...

On the other hand, since apparently in v3 the only advanced careers are "higher levels" of certain basic careers (like the slayers, priests or wizards) and each career gives the PC roughly equal advancement opportunities, perhaps we should get our minds out of the v1/v2 "advanced = more power" box.

For most careers i would def agree now i have taken a good look at the system, but wizards, priests, knights, to name but a few def need a series of advanced careers imo five ranks. (with wizards i am expecting battle wizards, master wizards and wizard lords for example with spells of equal rank for example)

I am a bit curious as to FFG's approach to advanced careers

- will there only be a very few requiring something special, like insanity or the ability to cast spells, because you get pretty competent by going through a basic career in this new system?

- or will they be common and we have just yet to see some "normal" advanced careers, possibly waiting to be introduced in another adventurers toolkit or campaign box?

I'm sorta hoping for the latter but don't mind the former, but it'd be nice to know how FFG envision the career ladder - especially for people starting campaigns now and changing to basic careers without having to or "waiting" for a ton of advanced careers that may or may not come...

DonXIII said:

anyone know when we can expect it in europe? I've heard rumors of January

As far as I know January it is.

I got email confirmation on that from 2 different sources: my FLGS, and main distributor for my country.

Meh! Seems that  one of the distributors in the UK has jumped the gun, it was supposed to be out on tuesday, but several of the smaller FLGS' now stock it, which is awesome, regretabbly its not available here in London yey, hench the meh! Anyone near here seen it around yet?

Yeah

I have a pre order with  My LOCAL? Game store in London (I live in Scotland) But I called on Friday after seeing a few other stores claiming to have it in stock and was got a confoirmed Tuesday for in stock with them.

So I have splashed out on Special Deliviery and will get it shipped to my work address so should get it before Christmas.

hopefully