Sign in to follow this  
daddystabz

Post here when you find the Adventurer's Toolkit at your local store!!!!

And I will have to wait until january 2010 for this llorando.gif (yup, just got an answer from official distributor in my country, it confirmed my FLGS version).

Looks like I have to HATE all of You lucky bastards that can get the AT this year, again (yeah, You got the core box sooner than me too) lengua.gif.

So for those who have it, can you give us a run down what's in that little box there.  What I'm wondering about is as follows:

1) How many new cards. (action cards, talents, etc.). 

2) How many of the action cards from the core are in the box?  It says the basic action cards so does that mean we get another ranged attack, melee attack, and those cards.  Is it just the starting cards each character begins with? 

3) Are the dog rules that good.  Could you give us some pointers on how it works.  Such as how does that obedience tracker thing work?  How does the tracker effect it?  Why is it even there in the first place?  How does it advance?  I don't necessarily want the specifics, though those would be nice, an overview (with some details) would be nice. 

4) What are your impressions of the new action cards compared to the old ones.  Are they all career specific or are they more generalized like they were before?

5) How are the new talents?  Are there any reprint talents from the old one. 

6) Do you feel it was really worth it?

Reason why I'm asking is I'm still on the fence about getting this right away or if it's even really worth it.  My stores have copies here in Illinois, but I'm debating picking it up or not.  So any info would be useful.  I plan on getting it eventually, I'm just debating if I should hold out for more dice or get this instead. 

The contents of AT are included in the list that Ynnen posted yesterday in the Support section. Still, those are just card names. I'm really interested in their effects and new rules (e.g. for the SBVD).

Spoilers, please.

I got my copy today in sheboygan, wi and it seems very much worth it.  It has a bunch of new things in there all of which helps to expand the content in a good way.  I totally think that it is worth a pick up for at least one person in each group.

Looking at the box I was kinda disappointed at what I was getting for my money...

Maybe it's just he way I precieve what I am getting compairing it to other RPGs. Normally getting big hard covered books vs. cards/components.

738296498_BgUAo-M-1.jpg

Renocide said:

Looking at the box I was kinda disappointed at what I was getting for my money...

Maybe it's just he way I precieve what I am getting compairing it to other RPGs. Normally getting big hard covered books vs. cards/components.

Well I think the expansion is worth 20 bucks, that the price at most online places.   

Renocide said:

All right lets play the financial game now here is a break down of what you get and we will compare it to DND 4e and one of there new supplement books first the contents of the new box is as follows:

53 action cards(only 12 of these are reprints still leaving 41 new abilities)

30 talent cards(none are reprints)

10 condition cards(same as above)

10 career ability cards(ditto!)

6 wound cards(once again all new content and a nasty crit card in there to boot)

2 item cards(although these are for specific classes still cool none the less)

10 career sheets(essentially new classes when compared to DND)

4 party sheets(same as above)

1 Small but vicious dog pet sheet(not a new class but a new rule mechanic very cool)

1 pad of full color character sheets(great i was running out)

24 tracking tokens(can never have enough of these although would like some new colors)

12 fatigue/stress tokens(again awesome

10 character standups(while they are only cardboard you dont see Wotc giving you free minis to play there game)

1 stance ring(helps for the 4th player)

1 activation token(ditto)

10 puzzle-fit stance pieces(great i never seem to have enough of these either)

2 puzzle-fit center pieces(also cool have trouble making progress tracks without them)

1 small but vicious dog standup(sweet a miniature for frasier's dog eddiehappy.gif)

8 plastic bases(not sure why its 8 and not 11 but no biggies have plenty of these)

that is what you get in this box for the msrp of $24.95 not a bad deal when you figure that for $29.95 over at the Wotc booth you get one single hard cover book that will let you expand your classes, but you still need pay another $9.95 to get all the cards for that class and then another $10.99 for the box of minis to have a figure to represent you on the battlefield.  Just something to think about when you guys try to play the money card with this or any expansion that FFG puts out for this game.  One more thing to remember is that if you have a close enough group this cost can be deferred amongst the whole group making it fairly cheap to buy.  While you can do this with the DND book as well each player would still need the cards and figures which still costs $20.

Just some food for thought.

amrowe1999 said:

that is what you get in this box for the msrp of $24.95 not a bad deal when you figure that for $29.95 over at the Wotc booth you get one single hard cover book that will let you expand your classes, but you still need pay another $9.95 to get all the cards for that class and then another $10.99 for the box of minis to have a figure to represent you on the battlefield.  Just something to think about when you guys try to play the money card with this or any expansion that FFG puts out for this game.  One more thing to remember is that if you have a close enough group this cost can be deferred amongst the whole group making it fairly cheap to buy.  While you can do this with the DND book as well each player would still need the cards and figures which still costs $20.

To be fair, the cards aren't necessary if you are using the character builder for DnD, heck you can just write out the powers on paper, if you want. Unlike this game you do have access to a book where all the powers are listed.

Likewise you can a mini for 50 cents to a buck.

Any 30 dollar wotc book also has many more powers than this expansion. There's over 100 powers for the barbarian alone in primal power.

But I'm not sure that written content is necessarily a proper way to evaulate this game.  It's rules lighter than DnD for starters.

amrowe1999 said:

Renocide said:

All right lets play the financial game now here is a break down of what you get and we will compare it to DND 4e and one of there new supplement books first the contents of the new box is as follows:

53 action cards(only 12 of these are reprints still leaving 41 new abilities)

30 talent cards(none are reprints)

10 condition cards(same as above)

10 career ability cards(ditto!)

6 wound cards(once again all new content and a nasty crit card in there to boot)

2 item cards(although these are for specific classes still cool none the less)

10 career sheets(essentially new classes when compared to DND)

4 party sheets(same as above)

1 Small but vicious dog pet sheet(not a new class but a new rule mechanic very cool)

1 pad of full color character sheets(great i was running out)

24 tracking tokens(can never have enough of these although would like some new colors)

12 fatigue/stress tokens(again awesome

10 character standups(while they are only cardboard you dont see Wotc giving you free minis to play there game)

1 stance ring(helps for the 4th player)

1 activation token(ditto)

10 puzzle-fit stance pieces(great i never seem to have enough of these either)

2 puzzle-fit center pieces(also cool have trouble making progress tracks without them)

1 small but vicious dog standup(sweet a miniature for frasier's dog eddiehappy.gif)

8 plastic bases(not sure why its 8 and not 11 but no biggies have plenty of these)

It looks promising, I can't wait for my copy - but I will get in january - it still on the way to Europe.

The one thing I' worried about are the plastic bases - where can I get more of them?

I do not think our group is going to bother with the cardboard standups, only as proxys - We have a good deal of gw miniatures to use instead. Bummer anyway that maelstrom still has not gotten this, wonder why Europe is getting the short end of the stick on this...

Not that I know why, but I could imagine that it has something to do with how successful the sale of the game has been in the US, they are covering their primary market before moving on, just good sales sense, american consumers are generally fickel and impatient compared to other markets and will move on to something else if they can't get instafaction. There are some really interesting marketing stuff going on if your into this kind of market comparisons I suggest that you look into it.

The main thing i wanted to know about the tool kit is are any of the careers advanced? If so which ones? because as it stands we currently have no advanced careers for Elves (wood or high) so was hoping for at least one of each.

UncleArkie said:

american consumers are generally fickel and impatient compared to other markets

Really?

FFG is lucky, that not all their customers are impatient like me lengua.gif

If only I could, I would be storming their gates now (unfortunately the ocean is a major problem, I will try to dry it out somehow..).

Give me my copy FFG!!

I'm more impatient than any American customer You can point ... (new emoticons are welcome too)