Sign in to follow this  
daddystabz

Post here when you find the Adventurer's Toolkit at your local store!!!!

UncleArkie said:

Orc's Nest and Forbidden Planet both said next week. Kents not that far away, you need an extra player? I have my own group that I GM, but I really, really wanna try it out from a player perspective.

I should be able to fit one in no problem, although i dont have a campaign to run as of yet... but im likely to hash a few bits together as a tester as we have not tried the new system yet obviously so it might be a bit bumpy and rules dictated if that makes sense.

I will warn you we have been playing together as a group except one player for a good ten years and we tend to have very long sessions of an average about ten hours with breaks obviously as im head would explode otherwise, we have been know to do a thirty hour stint or two if we really get caught up. (i feel sorry for my mate who had to crawl to work after one such stint).

But you would be perfectly welcome as long as your not some sort of serial killer and enjoy a layed back game which is not taken to seriously. (unless of course a player dies, depending on who it is some of my friends can sulk in a very humorous way!)

Edit: Thought i should mention i smoke and have a dog!

Well I'm an old hand myself and its been a long time since I was in a 10 hour session, glad I'm not gonna GM that. So have box set will travel^^.  Gimme a hit at

wichmand  (dot) rpg (at)

gmail (dot) com

:D

crimsonsun said:

When i have dates and times shall do! looking forward to some fresh blood to paint on my player kill list. :D

Just thought I would say hi as me and my group are from Kent, we currently play DH and I hope to get them into WFRP.  I currently live in the Gravesend area.

crimsonsun said:

When i have dates and times shall do! looking forward to some fresh blood to paint on my player kill list. :D

crimsonsun said:

Sounds goodie, I'm kinda a background nut so expect getting pelted with stuff ^^.

UncleArkie said:

Sounds goodie, I'm kinda a background nut so expect getting pelted with stuff ^^.

Cool me too!! i worked for GW for three years, and can recite streams of info from my head. I will be glad to have someone with as much day to day useless knowledge in there head as myself!!

crimsonsun said:

Sunatet said:

And I will add to the CRUSHING DISAPOINTMENT..

Just got an email from FLGS that Adventure Toolkit and Dice Packs were postponed in Europe..

Half of January 2010 they said..

I need a hug llorando.gif

That sux so hard, i was wanting/needing the tool kit before i start playing as have more than three players, and the only time i know my whole group can spare a good day or two is over xmas! Any reason why we are delayed getting ours through?

I've played with five out of the core set multiple times.  Just take notes between sessions and share the cards like you would a book.  Don't let the Toolkit stop you from playing!

crimsonsun said:

UncleArkie said:

Cool me too!! i worked for GW for three years, and can recite streams of info from my head. I will be glad to have someone with as much day to day useless knowledge in there head as myself!!

Hehe, there is tons of that inthere, including the square foot price of 4 inch plywood in 1997 and several editions of warhammer games, lore and even some art work, mail me, I'll start writing my character write up right now, Muhaw haw haw....

Sounds good, will be in touch, i had better start writing a brief campaign or start stealing other peoples ideas from the forum. Im planning on running a gathering storm cause im lazy, but i will throw something together inbetween times.

crimsonsun said:

Sounds good, will be in touch, i had better start writing a brief campaign or start stealing other peoples ideas from the forum. Im planning on running a gathering storm cause im lazy, but i will throw something together inbetween times.

Ditto. I'm actually going to try to convert Gathering Storm so that it fits into my upcoming campaign... at least I hope that Geographical differences will be okay.

Our distributor has it in stock, stateside, and it is listed as release date Dec. 10, 2009.  Whether or not it shows today, that's what is listed.  I think it more likely to show up tomorrow. (WA State, US)

I'm waiting for a naysayer or two to start chiming in with the 'core set' is really $120 (the core + AT combined) to play a 4-player game with enough career options and cards to make it 'closer' to 2e. ;)

Renocide said:

Just got mine from Dark Tower in Denville, NJ.

Last one he had. 

737404357_3npen-S.jpg

That's smaller than I expected, too.  No worries, I'll certainly be picking mine up (like tomorrow)!  I guess that means no halflings?  Is that the next supplement? ... and I have to ask... what car are you in there?  :P

Bah, need nau... I kinda like that its small, if an extra box to keep your cards in in the core box, I approve of this. Also easier to hide from the girlfriend since no new box appears on the bookshelf.