Sign in to follow this  
Nyxen

Heroes of the Wasted Expansion.

why is he in this box?

Imagine a new player to the game, buying this expansion - and getting poe's x-wing, but not actually getting poe.  How weird is that?

That pretty much sums up why complaints about it are whack.

And yeah, they really did have to put Poe into the PS9 field. Dude downed ten ties in a single friggin strafe, definitely better than Rey.

why is he in this box?

Imagine a new player to the game, buying this expansion - and getting poe's x-wing, but not actually getting poe.  How weird is that?

And yeah, they really did have to put Poe into the PS9 field. Dude downed ten ties in a single friggin strafe, definitely better than Rey.

To be fair, she flew a derelict Corellian freighter through the inside of a wrecked Star Destroyer, being chased by multiple TIE Fighters, and managed to line up her gunner with a shot on one of them even given a jammed gun.  ?On her first time flying?  So...Miss Mary Sue, there, wasn't exactly bad, either.

why is he in this box?

Yeah, but the Rebs (and the game) don't need two more PS 9s...

Whoo-hoo Rebel Veterans.

Way to flop for the Mouse FFG.  And also pandering to the fans.  If this is where complaining on a forum ends up, then we better shut the hell up then hey?  Poe at PS9, oh he shoulda been PS9 to begin with.  Uh what?  No one had even seen the movie when Poe dropped!  No one knew how good he was until the film came out and then it's all Oh he's PS9 fo shure!  I think maybe FFG was on the money at PS8 and they thought so too, or he would have been PS9.  Film comes out, fans complain.  What happens?  We get a repack that totally invalidates the old Falcon and makes the T-70 expac that much more unappealing.  Slow clap for corporate stupidity. 

The worst part is that we could have had all those cool things like Black One Poe, Rey, Falcon Title, Finn crew, all this cool stuff (and it is cool) in a set that actually made sense!  Scum Most Wanted proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that FFG could put pilot cards for different ships in a box with other ships and it would sell.  Who here would NOT buy Most Wanted?  Crickets.  That's what I thought.  Most Wanted is a killer set and they could have made an identical product for Rebel Veterans.  Hell they could even have gone with the standard theme of the Vet/Ace boxes and given us literally any other ships and it would have been fine.

This is pure marketing.  I absolutely refuse to buy this one.  Never thought I'd say that about an X-Wing product but I have no interest in anything inside this box.  Not even a hybrid card of Guidance Chips and Crackshot could save this expansion.  Not even if it was a zero cost upgrade.

why is he in this box?

Citation needed.

This is half cool.  I love the new black and orange ship and will pay the money just for it.

I don't need another freaking Falcon though!  My first thought was, "who can I sell my Falcon model to so I don't have two of them?"

They SHOULD have treated this like the Most Wanted expansion.  Include cards for Millennium Falcon but don't include the actual ship, instead have a different ship.  Two T-70s would have been better, or put that big shuttle thing that Leia was in in it. 

26550395170_289c7baf3d.jpg

(made by Loch Caudill)

why is he in this box?

two PS 9s that so readily see play...(well, Poe @ ps 10 but he's gone the way of the dodo same as rebel han)

what the game didn't need was more high PS tech, which is what both the new titles are (Black One can't even be used by sub PS 6)

but remember we've seen basically nothing of the expac

it's just unfortunate that FFG decided to reveal what is almost undoubtedly the least interesting aspects of it, unless you're a big fan of Rey

I have to say, while new news is good news, this release dissapoints me. A falcon repackage was unavoidable, we needed Rey and Finn and that's cool, Rey is awesome. But putting a T-70 in there with the super imaginative PS9 Poe Dameron? He's both already in the game and already in that ship. He has a place in the meta, why is he in this box?

Yeah kind of funny that new poe. What is really funny that he is a 2 point upgrade instead of a 1 point upgrade. So 2 poitns to go up to 9 and keep your EPT slot. Do we call him Pay2Win yet?

why is he in this box?

I am entirely fine with Poe being in the box.

I am less fine that there are now two Poes with two different pilot skills. You can't even pretend one was from when he was 'younger and less experienced'. Yeah, he should've been PS9. Releasing two versions is even sloppier than picking the wrong number to start with (and I don't blame them for that bit either).

This is the very first expansion to leave me feeling properly peeved with the designers. The whole thing was a mess, sure, but now they've made our game a mess trying to correct that. :(

Who here would NOT buy Most Wanted?  Crickets.  That's what I thought. 

*raises hand*

Had absolutely no interest in Most Wanted when it first came out. Only had eyes for the IG-88s, and they had no need of anything in the big pack. I eventually got one (now two), but only after I'd literally run out of other things to get.

Take your self-importance elsewhere. This pack doesn't appeal to you? That's completely fine; it's your money and you don't have to spend it on something you don't want. But that does not mean that this is not a worthwhile addition to this game.
Edited by DR4CO

Another Fat Turret and another Acewing. K.

Something about an illict SLAM and putting it on the Falcon? Exactly what this game needed, a stupid fat turret with SLAM. Great job Alex Davy, I'm sure glad you took over designing the game.

What's next,a crew card that turns all of Super Dash's white maneuvers green?

Guys...relax. I think it's great that they have finally produced an expansion that you would only buy one of. Far from a money grab, they've designed it so that you only want you to buy one. Tired of buying multiple boxes for upgrades to leave the models sitting on the shelf.

One Falcon and one Black One, sounds good to me. Nice work FFG.

As for Ren's shuttle coming with an F/O, if it's the special forces F/O TIE then people will want more than one so will be a separate booster.

If it came with two copies of the YT generic, I would agree with you full heartedly, but they still know how to get those hard core competitive players to buy a little more than they really want to.

I'm honestly kind of horrified that they redid the same pilots, in the same ships, with different PS. And apparently they're teasing the same pilots, with the same PS, with different abilities or something? And, uh, do they intend to justify Poe being PS 9 vs 8 anywhere?

I'm not arguing balance anywhere here, but listbuilding and fluff just became a mess

Would've much preferred Black One to simply increase PS by 1, if they must have PS9 Poe (and that's probably reasonable). The whole thing feels really... messy, I guess? I dunno, man.

Also: Dual falcons. Apparently a PS 3 generic (which I find irritating in itself, but I digress). I guess it was impossible to avoid, but augh. I've got mine in a box, and I don't really know how I feel about having a second one. Are we allowed to swap dishes around, or are these officially different ships?

I almost agreed with you, then the same moment I realized that

between Adaptability (-1) and Veteran Instincts (+2)

that Poe Dameron could be anywhere between PS7 to PS11,

which is odd.

Something about an illict SLAM and putting it on the Falcon? Exactly what this game needed, a stupid fat turret with SLAM. Great job Alex Davy, I'm sure glad you took over designing the game.

SLAM is garbage for PWTs

boost is stupid on them because they don't care about their facing and can go whenever while still shooting without consequence

SLAM has consequences: no shooting

that's an actual, significant decision that the player will be forced to make (and exactly why we will see exactly zero SLAM fat PWTs while EU still exists)

Edited by ficklegreendice

Whoo-hoo Rebel Veterans.

Way to flop for the Mouse FFG.  And also pandering to the fans.  If this is where complaining on a forum ends up, then we better shut the hell up then hey?  Poe at PS9, oh he shoulda been PS9 to begin with.  Uh what?  No one had even seen the movie when Poe dropped!  No one knew how good he was until the film came out and then it's all Oh he's PS9 fo shure!  I think maybe FFG was on the money at PS8 and they thought so too, or he would have been PS9.  Film comes out, fans complain.  What happens?  We get a repack that totally invalidates the old Falcon and makes the T-70 expac that much more unappealing.  Slow clap for corporate stupidity. 

The worst part is that we could have had all those cool things like Black One Poe, Rey, Falcon Title, Finn crew, all this cool stuff (and it is cool) in a set that actually made sense!  Scum Most Wanted proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that FFG could put pilot cards for different ships in a box with other ships and it would sell.  Who here would NOT buy Most Wanted?  Crickets.  That's what I thought.  Most Wanted is a killer set and they could have made an identical product for Rebel Veterans.  Hell they could even have gone with the standard theme of the Vet/Ace boxes and given us literally any other ships and it would have been fine.

This is pure marketing.  I absolutely refuse to buy this one.  Never thought I'd say that about an X-Wing product but I have no interest in anything inside this box.  Not even a hybrid card of Guidance Chips and Crackshot could save this expansion.  Not even if it was a zero cost upgrade.

This one's for you buddy

(imagine you made your own expansion, just print it out)

26666390882_1540be2156.jpg

SLAM is garbage for PWTs

boost is stupid on them because they don't care about their facing and can go whenever while still shooting without consequence

that's an actual, significant decision that the player will be forced to make (and exactly why we will see exactly zero SLAM fat PWTs while EU still exists)

Pity it's large only

SLAMing a HWK would have been hilarious

Way to flop for the Mouse FFG.  And also pandering to the fans.  .

I'm struggling to identify what I'm supposed to be indignant about.

They produced a box full of what you acknowledge is cool content, which players will want to buy and which makes the licensor happy. That sounds to me like a win for everybody, but you're mad because... I don't know. Is it because they put together "just" seven new pilots?

This is half cool.  I love the new black and orange ship and will pay the money just for it.

I don't need another freaking Falcon though!  My first thought was, "who can I sell my Falcon model to so I don't have two of them?"

They SHOULD have treated this like the Most Wanted expansion.  Include cards for Millennium Falcon but don't include the actual ship, instead have a different ship.  Two T-70s would have been better, or put that big shuttle thing that Leia was in in it. 

If you think you're pissed imagine how I feel. I literally bought a second Falcon today. Why own 2 Falcons you ask because I'm an addict that's why. Now because I'm not going to not not buy this I'm going to have 3 or have to figure out what to do with this other one. 

SLAM is garbage for PWTs

Depending on the cost, I can see some use for it. If it's just a point (as discard-after-use cards usually are), I can see it being a handy "Oh ****" bug-out card. Similarly, 4 forward and SLAM 4 more is a hell of a way for JumpMasters to get the... err... jump, on an opposing Palpshuttle. Granted, you wouldn't be doing that after your torpedoes are down, but it still isn't bad as an option for a point (if it's a point).