Sign in to follow this  
PhantomFO

HEROES OF THE RESISTANCE!

The one card in the fan looks like it could be Snap S(hot)

Wonder if it lets you take a shot at someone that flies through your arc or barrel rolls/boosts out of arc or something similar that lets you break the normal combat rules.

Another looks like Pat(ern) Ana(lysis)  And says something about pilot skill.  Maybe increases your PS during activation phase only.

Oh and to everyone hoping for more T-65 fixes... all these new T-70 pilots, upgrades, and title are like... pushing the T-65 even FURTHER out of the spectrum. 

I think Pr- Thru-

may be the fabled X-wing Fix

I'm also curious about Snap S-

and the new droid

It's......OK.  I admit that I'm not that much of a Rebel player, but when I do play Rebels, I don't really play with the Falcon.  In fact, I still haven't played with my original Falcon at all.  I kind of don't want to buy another one for all the good upgrades.  This might be the beginning of me skipping stuff.  

Not the expansion I was expecting and not sure how to feel about Poe being given a new card. That said, lots of other cool stuff in there! Can't wait to get a good look at them over the coming months.  :D

Am I the only one who has almost zero interest in this expansion?

I rarely fly the falcon I have already, so I certainly don't need a second.

I have one T70 from the core set and will have 2 once I get the expansion. Do I really need a third already?

I'm sure I'll be missing out on powerful upgrades but that's expected unfortunately. This will likely be the 2nd expansion after the outrider that I never get.

Edited by markcsoul

Oh and to everyone hoping for more T-65 fixes... all these new T-70 pilots, upgrades, and title are like... pushing the T-65 even FURTHER out of the spectrum. 

Not really. Different roles stay different, 22 point Rookie will not be affected by a more varied field of high performance high point value T-70s. Biggs will never be replaced. This pack has a higher chance of helping the T-65 if the new Astro is crazy on one of its pilots, elevating it to Biggs' level possibly. Not to mention that I and many others will finally have enough IAs to run XXXXZ.

No one has mentioned the new generic YT-1300 pilot yet?

I'm assuming it'll be better than Outer Rim Smuggler to get people to finally quit  beating that dead horse.

Promise I tried to mention it, but this forum is moving as slow as molasses right now and my post never went through.

Ya, unless there is something in here dedicated to bringing the ORS up to speed (doesn't look like there is), FFG is making a call here and saying it might as well have never been in the game at this point.

Because why fix the already underwhelming scum FACTION, when we can fix a ship that had huge glory days and cave to the incessant whining that Poe is "only" PS 8?  Why not give away scum's unique upgrade while we are at it?

Why even create the scum faction?  If it werent for the contracted scout slipping past your apparently lack luster playtesting, one might think ffg just didnt care.  oh wait, they dont

I think Pr- Thru-

may be the fabled X-wing Fix

I'm also curious about Snap S-

and the new droid

I'm hoping that Pr- Thru- isn't the X-Wing fix, because you only get one of them in that pack.

I'm also curious what the Smuggling Compartment will work with. Based on the text, it appears to be for both the YT-1300 and one other ship.

Any guesses? YT-2400, HWK-290, YV-666 and VCX-100 all seem to be contenders, though I'll be more surprised if it's the last one. Also seems to indicate that you may equip another modification that costs less than X squad points.

The one card in the fan looks like it could be Snap S(hot)

Wonder if it lets you take a shot at someone that flies through your arc or barrel rolls/boosts out of arc or something similar that lets you break the normal combat rules.

Another looks like Pat(ern) Ana(lysis)  And says something about pilot skill.  Maybe increases your PS during activation phase only.

The tech upgrade in the front discusses after executing a maneuver, pilot stress and the perform action step as close as I can tell. My guess is it moves the check pilot stress step after the perform action step after you do a red.

For those saying they re underwhelmed by a Falcon revisit, just remember... This is looking like it is marketed much more to new players and is continuing to capitalize on the new films. I don't think FFG would have ever touched the Falcon again if it wasn't for it being a huge part of the Force Awakens. And the same goes for Poe's X-wing. This is a continued effort to get new players in the game, with some fun competitive surprises included I'm sure. My guess is that Rey and Finn crew are going to be amazing, and will pull most of us in to buying it anyways, even if a 2nd Falcon seems unnecessary. :)

For those saying they re underwhelmed by a Falcon revisit, just remember... This is looking like it is marketed much more to new players and is continuing to capitalize on the new films. I don't think FFG would have ever touched the Falcon again if it wasn't for it being a huge part of the Force Awakens. And the same goes for Poe's X-wing. This is a continued effort to get new players in the game, with some fun competitive surprises included I'm sure. My guess is that Rey and Finn crew are going to be amazing, and will pull most of us in to buying it anyways, even if a 2nd Falcon seems unnecessary. :)

I'm excited for this just for the extra Integrated Astromechs and the potential to SLAM with my YV-666.

Beautiful stuff! The new canon books are beginning to affect the X-Wing game, not just the EU!

In the new canon book "Smuggler's Run", Han has to save another pilot, and it talks about him using an illegal SLAM accelerator modification he made on the Falcon. As I read that part, I wondered, "Hmm... I wonder what SLAM on the Falcon would look like in X-Wing...." I DON'T HAVE TO WONDER ANYMORE!