Sign in to follow this  
PhantomFO

HEROES OF THE RESISTANCE!

Because why fix the already underwhelming scum FACTION, when we can fix a ship that had huge glory days and cave to the incessant whining that Poe is "only" PS 8?  Why not give away scum's unique upgrade while we are at it?

Why even create the scum faction?  If it werent for the contracted scout slipping past your apparently lack luster playtesting, one might think ffg just didnt care.  oh wait, they dont

Deal with it

taco_bell.jpg

It's promotional photos so I could be mistaken, but to my eyes it looks like the new Falcon is considerably crisper in it's lines, esp on the sides where all the little bits are. When Games Workshop first moved from metal to plastic models, their first models were rough in detail and sort of clunky, but then they got crisper. Since the Falcon was their first big ship and it had tons of details (That Slave One didn't deal with) then it could be a case of them simply being unhappy with the mold and creating a higher quality one that might feature minor changes. 

As far as money goes: I said in when I was playing warhammer and I say it here. It's really easy to NOT buy things. I am yet to feel ripped off from FFG.

I'm confused. You didn't call FFG any names at all in your post, and I'm having a really hard time working it into the narrative that they're a bunch of corporate money-grabbers intent to wring every last dollar out of us while providing basically no new content, except for giving everything cool from every other faction to the Rebels because the developers are a bunch of rebel homers and the playtesters are too stupid to see what's happening.

Are you sure you're in the right thread?

Old:SAM_1296.JPG

New:swx57_falcon_plastic_left.png

What's different? Other than the dish, I sure hope they didn't make a new mold...

The article says:

"...a new version of the Millennium Falcon with a sculpt and paint scheme that have been updated to reflect the ship's appearance in The Force Awakens."

And

"First of all, you might notice the ship's new, rectangular sensor array. While this is likely the first change you may notice in the difference between the sculpts, it is not the only one. Heroes of the Resistance introduces a new sculpt and paint scheme for the Falcon that faithfully represent all the changes that the ship underwent between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens."

I literally cannot see any differences yet, other than the dish.

Looks like the blaster holes are patched up.

I'm excited for this!

Not only will my YV-666 always include a SLAM illicit, but I will be flying my heart out of a Gunner + tactician Rey. I've wanted to play that kind of game for awhile now with the Falcon. I'm also really happy I didn't buy a T-70 blister pack, these upgrades are worlds better.

I now will also get behind modding my old YT-1300

I honestly feel like they could have done this same pack with a pair of T70 repaints, rather than a reprint of the Falcon, and just throw the Falcon cards into the box (precedent was set by Most Wanted, and widely lauded). There's enough T70 pilots in there to throw in Poe's black ship, and any other colour repaint of a T70 (because why not, if you're running a bunch of aces), and have that be enticing enough, as well as being cheaper, and removing a ship that is largely redundant to anyone playing longer than the TFA launch. Having three or four T70s in your collection is always useful in list building. Having two Falcons is very rarely ever going to be. 

Honestly, I just feel this is a little lazy. The cards were always coming, and I don't think anyone would have denied wanting to see a Rey pilot card in the game, but I just think the delivery method is a bit... rubbish, really. 

Rey's abilitx is so-so. With an expensive falcon you have to play like an arc-dodger most of the time, so you wont have people in your arc. It's jousting efficiency is just no good compared to most other ships. It's more of a bonus than an ability you can rely on. If you've played Dengar a while you know what i mean.

Anyway unless there's something really major coming yt1300s wont return to the meta anyway so right now I'm not very excited about this new product.

Well, good thing the Falcon is getting a few Sloops, then. 

Also, Falcons are still in the meta. Not the gatekeepers, but they are still doing quite well. 

I'm not sure the sloops help that much, to be honest. Would be different if they didnt give stress so your next turn becomes very predictable (unless you run Kanan, which i wouldnt recommend on a yt1300). For anybody but Rey the old title might still be preferable.

Maybe there is a new interesting crew, we will see.

Edited by Celes

Old:

SAM_1296.JPG

New:

swx57_falcon_plastic_left.png

What's different? Other than the dish, I sure hope they didn't make a new mold...

The article says:

"...a new version of the Millennium Falcon with a sculpt and paint scheme that have been updated to reflect the ship's appearance in The Force Awakens."

And

"First of all, you might notice the ship's new, rectangular sensor array. While this is likely the first change you may notice in the difference between the sculpts, it is not the only one. Heroes of the Resistance introduces a new sculpt and paint scheme for the Falcon that faithfully represent all the changes that the ship underwent between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens."

the difference is in your wallet getting lighter and their profit higher, selling a bigger expansion box where they don't have to design a new ship. I'm sure they use the same mold of the old falcon, but they have a new mold for the radar dish so, in lawyer/PR language, they have "a new sculpt" for the falcon.

It's promotional photos so I could be mistaken, but to my eyes it looks like the new Falcon is considerably crisper in it's lines, esp on the sides where all the little bits are. When Games Workshop first moved from metal to plastic models, their first models were rough in detail and sort of clunky, but then they got crisper. Since the Falcon was their first big ship and it had tons of details (That Slave One didn't deal with) then it could be a case of them simply being unhappy with the mold and creating a higher quality one that might feature minor changes. 

As far as money goes: I said in when I was playing warhammer and I say it here. It's really easy to NOT buy things. I am yet to feel ripped off from FFG. 

The 2nd image looks like it might be a computer model.

TIE defenders gather, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until the T-65 gets a fix.

I shall take no upgrades, buy no ships, fly no PWTs.

I am the Astromech in the hanger. I am the watcher on the forums. I am the fire that burns with anger, the player that flies the X-Wing, the the shield that guards the hull of men.

I pledge my life and honor to the T-65 Fix Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

You have won the internet today.

And to further mix metaphors: So Say We All!

Oh lord, I just realized how annoying Rey could be with Threepio. 

Has Focus. Range 3 shot. Rolls defense, guesses 0. Rolls blank and focus. Adds Evade result. Rerolls blank. Evade. Spend Focus. 3 Evade results....

Pretty sure I mentioned this in the first or 2nd page of this topic. One of the first things that clicked in my mind....

Scary, scary, scary.

All these haters. If you don't want it don't buy it.

Personally it is a must buy for me. I love t-70s I love the black one model, and I'm excited to have the absolute coolest ship in Star Wars have some new life.

Can't wait until 3rd quarter (whenever that is)!

Judging by previous releases I'd say 3rd quarter is around August.

Next year.

Old:SAM_1296.JPG

New:swx57_falcon_plastic_left.png

The article says:

And

Looks like the blaster holes are patched up.
It's a 3D rendered image .. Look at the base. Just look at the model.

Edit: apologies, this was stated by others in the time taken to wrestle my little one into a comfy position so that I could balance her bottle in order to use my hands to effectively manipulate the mouse and keyboard .. Anyone with little'ns will understand this plight.

Edited by Conandoodle

I honestly feel like they could have done this same pack with a pair of T70 repaints, rather than a reprint of the Falcon, and just throw the Falcon cards into the box (precedent was set by Most Wanted, and widely lauded). There's enough T70 pilots in there to throw in Poe's black ship, and any other colour repaint of a T70 (because why not, if you're running a bunch of aces), and have that be enticing enough, as well as being cheaper, and removing a ship that is largely redundant to anyone playing longer than the TFA launch. Having three or four T70s in your collection is always useful in list building. Having two Falcons is very rarely ever going to be. 

Honestly, I just feel this is a little lazy. The cards were always coming, and I don't think anyone would have denied wanting to see a Rey pilot card in the game, but I just think the delivery method is a bit... rubbish, really. 

I half agree. 

The thing is, they are adding Rey and Finn as crew.  What good is that to a new player unless they already have the Falcon?  So, they buy this pack with crew they can't use, and have to buy another pack to use them? 

Many of us (myself included) are looking at it from the perspective of already owning a Falcon.  This expansion is aimed directly at people who started the game with the TFA core.  That's not to say there aren't awesome things in this for us too, but it's aimed at the huge lot of new people.

It's a win in the end.  Picture a new guy in six month buying the TFA core, then he walks by and sees this.  He's going to buy it too!  This is a huge draw to new people.

More new people means more money for FFG which means more toys for us as well.

Has Focus. Range 3 shot. Rolls defense, guesses 0. Rolls blank and focus. Adds Evade result. Rerolls blank. Evade. Spend Focus. 3 Evade results....

Pretty sure I mentioned this in the first or 2nd page of this topic. One of the first things that clicked in my mind....

Scary, scary, scary.

What exactly is scary about this? This exact scenario is possible in the game RIGHT NOW with lone wolf and has been for a long time. I havent read about a single complaint about lone wolf on the yt-1300 until now, this is crazy talk. 

Complaining about rerolling defense die on a 1 agility ship in 2016, what a time ot be alive.....

Edited by Celes

I get the feeling that this product is also aming at those who don't play x-Wing and just buy to place models in a display.

On the other hand, the Resistance isn't complete without grizzle Han and the others in this pack.

I bet Finn is a new type of a Gunner? It would make sense.

Scary, scary, scary.

What exactly is scary about this? This exact scenario is possible in the game RIGHT NOW with lone wolf and has been for a long time. I havent read about a single complaint about lone wolf on the yt-1300 until now, this is crazy talk. 

Complaining about rerolling defense die on a 1 agility ship in 2016, what a time ot be alive.....

But the EPT slot has always been occupied for other more insane synergies. Rey gets the reroll for free.

Sure, it probably is a bit of an overreaction. But having faced Falcons in a 1 on 1 scenario with Jake and knowing I would need 9 consecutive turns of 3 hits without somehow getting killed by the return fire to pull off a miracle win, the idea of having an even more impossible end game scenario scares me.

But lets be honest. Rey isn't getting Jake in arc anyways. So ya, overreaction for sure haha.

Edited by Kdubb

Scary, scary, scary.

But the EPT slot has always been occupied for other more insane synergies. Rey gets the reroll for free.

Sure, it probably is a bit of an overreaction. But having faced Falcons in a 1 on 1 scenario with Jake and knowing I would need 9 consecutive turns of 3 hits without somehow getting killed by the return fire to pull off a mirale win, the idea of having an even more impossible end game scenario scares me.

But lets be honest. Rey isn't getting Jake in arc anyways. So ya, overreaction for sure haha.

VI + EU, baby

no need for predator when your re-rolls are taken care of for you

Scary, scary, scary.

Sure, it probably is a bit of an overreaction. But having faced Falcons in a 1 on 1 scenario with Jake and knowing I would need 9 consecutive turns of 3 hits without somehow getting killed by the return fire to pull off a mirale win, the idea of having an even more impossible end game scenario scares me.

Again. the Falcon is getting Sloops. 

Some of the T65 fan whining again, at least wait until the

-Pr...Thru(sters?), with a X-Wing pic on it(!)

and the

-unique M9(-G8?) astromech are spoiled. Then can you complain that these are still not enough :P

I'm more interested in the Snap(shot) and Trick(shot) upgrades. There's two of each in the pack, indicating that maybe they're intended as a fix for something other than the ships included.

Considering how they talked about how hard it was to come to the "right" Falcon model for the original, I would not be surprised if there are subtle differences that we won't be able to see until it is in our hands.

I'd be surprised if they did a whole new model. Plastic molds are *expensive* so doing a new one for an old model wouldn't (IMO) be worth it unless that old model needed significant upgrades.

EDIT: My only concern with this release is the same concern I have with most releases: Bloating the game.

Edited by Chucknuckle