Masterchiefspiff

History of Past Release Dates and Spoiler Articles

Just now, Masterchiefspiff said:

But I don't think we've ever gone two months without the next thing announced. So I'm hoping for something sooner than later. 

Longest time (pre-HotE) we've gone with nothing in the pipeline is 20 days.  

We're at 31 now, so I'd definitely say we're due.

But they've changed their schedules, big box close to middle of the year, no small box.   Small boxes were great for padding the side mission decks. But maybe they're less necessary now. Also how well did the Twin Shadows and Bespin Gambit boxes sell compared to Hoth and Jabba's Realm?

I wouldn't be surprised if we've gone to one box a year with random figure packs in between.

9 hours ago, neosmagus said:

But they've changed their schedules, big box close to middle of the year, no small box.   Small boxes were great for padding the side mission decks. But maybe they're less necessary now. Also how well did the Twin Shadows and Bespin Gambit boxes sell compared to Hoth and Jabba's Realm?

I wouldn't be surprised if we've gone to one box a year with random figure packs in between.

I imagine they sold less well, but this probably has more to do with holiday sales than players preferring one over the other. 

Each box has sold worse than the last and I think HotE barely moved at all to be honest.  All the game stores here have the same number of boxes sitting there that they did on release day.

It doesn't help that none of the product shows as being available on their own web page...  Not even the core.  If they don't even have enough confidence in their product to stock it, why would new players be interested?

3 minutes ago, Union said:

Each box has sold worse than the last and I think HotE barely moved at all to be honest.  All the game stores here have the same number of boxes sitting there that they did on release day.

It doesn't help that none of the product shows as being available on their own web page...  Not even the core.  If they don't even have enough confidence in their product to stock it, why would new players be interested?

Umm, source? The experience at one store isn't really enough to make a generalization of the entire market. Besides, this could just mean that your stores have excellent supply chain management and buy new boxes as soon as the old ones are sold. 

It's well known that the fact that it's not available on the website is due to a licensing issue, not because FFG thinks it's a dud. If that was the case, they wouldn't have it on the web site at all. 

4 hours ago, Union said:

I'm being genuine in my question here, Union, I thought you've been on these boards a long enough time to know the answer to this one? That just makes me wonder about the rest of the statements you made on sales for the boxes and products. I'm just trying to be helpful here, but that statement isn't going to help the state of the game and just confuses newer/interested players.

Posted (edited)

Looks like we've regular annual releases in mid October...

Heart of The Empire - Emperor, Maul, and Ahsoka
Announced                     - 05/05/17 - Friday of Worlds 2017
AT THE PRINTER                - 05/17/17
ON THE BOAT                   - 07/26/17
Campaign Spoiler              - 07/26/17
Skirmish Spoiler              - 08/28/17
Ally/Villains Spoiler         - 09/22/17
SHIPPING                      - 09/29/17
Available                     - 10/12/17
Edited by Golan Trevize

9 hours ago, Golan Trevize said:

Looks like we've regular annual releases in mid October...

Heart of The Empire - Emperor, Maul, and Ahsoka
Announced                     - 05/05/17 - Friday of Worlds 2017
AT THE PRINTER                - 05/17/17
ON THE BOAT                   - 07/26/17
Campaign Spoiler              - 07/26/17
Skirmish Spoiler              - 08/28/17
Ally/Villains Spoiler         - 09/22/17
SHIPPING                      - 09/29/17
Available                     - 10/12/17

Possibly.

I hope it's sooner, but I guess it really just depends on how slow that boat is.