Masterchiefspiff

History of Past Release Dates and Spoiler Articles

Updated the dates. Looks like Jabba's Realm will only be about one week longer than it took Hoth if Jabba shows up in two weeks. Not bad :)

Now I'm game for guesses on when we'll have the next wave announced :) I'm hoping by January 20th!

Unless we're just getting a small wave (like waves 3, 4, and 7), I seriously doubt we'll see anything until early March.

True. And technically, we could be due for something like the Bantha wave or Obi Wave (reinforcement packs right?). And the Obi wave was a 2 month cycle from announce to available (the Bantha wave not so much but it came during what I think we can consider a very packed upcoming product time and likely got pushed back).

So, hopefully a reinforcement pack gets announced. And then in March or April the next boxed expansion.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Rogue One Wave, to be honest.

Maybe (and I haven't seen the film yet, so I don't know who lives and who dies- or if that even really matters anyway for IA)

Rebels- Jyn Erso, Chirrut Imwe

Imperials- Orson Krennic. Deathtrooper Squad

Ya I think that the last few waves they did that were independent of the expansion went over very well. The Bantha Rider was hugely popular and after we could get past the whole "timelines have gone out the window" thing the Obi-Wan/Greedo/Inquisitor packs were all hot items including Obi-Wan showing up in the top 4 at Worlds.

So I fully expect to see another 2-3 figure wave with some left field type characters mixed in with an OT classic or two.

Updated the dates. Looks like Jabba's Realm will only be about one week longer than it took Hoth if Jabba shows up in two weeks. Not bad :)

Now I'm game for guesses on when we'll have the next wave announced :) I'm hoping by January 20th!

Unless we're just getting a small wave (like waves 3, 4, and 7), I seriously doubt we'll see anything until early March.

True. And technically, we could be due for something like the Bantha wave or Obi Wave (reinforcement packs right?). And the Obi wave was a 2 month cycle from announce to available (the Bantha wave not so much but it came during what I think we can consider a very packed upcoming product time and likely got pushed back).

So, hopefully a reinforcement pack gets announced. And then in March or April the next boxed expansion.

My prediction didn't show enough faith in FFG! We have a new wave announced a full week before January 20th! I'll update the main page eventually, but wanted to express my excitement! I love Jabba's wave but always like to know what's in the pipeline!

Updated main page with Droid themed wave announcement - was holding out for spoilers but figured it needed to be updated and bumped so new people could see this list.

My guess is for an announcement for next box expansion by mid March - the 17th we'll say. But can definitely be wrong, but who knows.

Changed the title to "History of Past Release dates...." since I feel there are a lot of people still out there that don't see this and know it exists as a concise place to check out the history of release dates and spoiler articles. Any ideas on that front let me know ;)

Also, moved the list to the top of the article so hopefully people see it and realize that's what it is faster and stay instead of never clicking down. In short, I made the list the TL:DR.

On 2/24/2017 at 11:13 PM, Masterchiefspiff said:

My guess is for an announcement for next box expansion by mid March - the 17th we'll say. But can definitely be wrong, but who knows.

I know it's pretty optimistic of me, but I'm still thinking we might get a small box announcement on Friday.   

Regardless, Droids have gone to the printer, so we might get more on them soon, too.

I could actually do with less announcements and faster shipping times.  Don't tell me about anything unless I'm going to be able to buy it within a few days or weeks.  This announcement 5 months in advance doesn't do anything for me except create angst and animosity. :angry::huh:<_<

14 hours ago, Majushi said:

Next Small Box announcement is what I'm most excited about I think...

When people say 'small box announcement' is that referring to one small box as in 'Han solo' or a smaller expansion such as Twin Shadows?

13 minutes ago, VAYASAN said:

When people say 'small box announcement' is that referring to one small box as in 'Han solo' or a smaller expansion such as Twin Shadows?

"Big Box" refers to the bigger stuff that comes with its own long campaign- The Core Set, Return to Hoth, and Jabba's Realm

"Small Box" refers to the smaller boxes with mini campaigns- Twin Shadows and The Bespin Gambit

The stuff like the Han Solo and Boba Fett releases are generally called "blisters" or "figure packs"

28 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

I could actually do with less announcements and faster shipping times.  Don't tell me about anything unless I'm going to be able to buy it within a few days or weeks.  This announcement 5 months in advance doesn't do anything for me except create angst and animosity. :angry::huh:<_<

Having less announcements won't make the games come faster- though I get what you're saying, once it's announced we want it ASAP.  That's sort of the point, though- the announcements are made to generate excitement and (hopefully, from a producer's perspective) create a good amount of preorders.    Very few companies in their right mind would release a game without press.

You actually can see a decent example of this recently.  Jasco Games managed to get ahold of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer licensing- not anything as primo as Star Wars, mind you, but still certainly a recognizable brand.  With it, they created a game similar to Eldritch Horror, but still very unique, and with an extremely manageable playtime.  As an owner of the game, I can tell you that it's actually really well done.  However, they had almost no press for it- few announcements, nothing really. And, while the sheer quality of their game managed to garner some  much deserved attention recently, it's only now gaining traction despite having been released last year.  Can't blame FFG for not wanting to take that gamble.

I actually lose interest with the long wait time though. Maybe they're trying to lure in some "on the fence" buyers.  I'm not actually complaining about press, and the fact that I'm posting on their forum, means, to a certain extent, I'm helping build the hype for them. I would have preferred that we get the announcement 2 months in advance of release and then a spoiler every other week til we order it instead of

1. announcement

2. wait several months and hear nothing for a long time

3. 5-6 months later, here's that thing we announced and you forgot about , let's re-announce it.

Bespin and Inq/Knight/Greedo was the best or quickest. They announced and 2-3months later we have the product in hand.

Is Jasco still going or did they get bought out?  maybe it's a different Jason, but he used to work out of an office in the gamestore I tend to frequent.

Edited by buckero0

8 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

I actually lose interest with the long wait time though. Maybe they're trying to lure in some "on the fence" buyers.  I'm not actually complaining about press, and the fact that I'm posting on their forum, means, to a certain extent, I'm helping build the hype for them. I would have preferred that we get the announcement 2 months in advance of release and then a spoiler every other week til we order it instead of

1. announcement

2. wait several months and hear nothing for a long time

3. 5-6 months later, here's that thing we announced and you forgot about , let's re-announce it.

Bespin and Inq/Knight/Greedo was the best or quickest. They announced and 2-3months later we have the product in hand.

Well, in some cases, (Waves 3 and 4), the wait was kind of a fluke.  Generally, we can usually expect a roughly 2-3 month wait, maybe slightly longer.  If we get an announcement for Wave X in March, that would give us 3 months until early June, which is when last year's smallbox arrived, and when I'd imagine this one would too.  Jabba took a little longer (just under 5 months) but remember, it's a bigger box.  Also, it seems that there may have been some issues in its shipping process, as well.

Is Jasco still going or did they get bought out?  maybe it's a different Jason, but he used to work out of an office in the gamestore I tend to frequent.

I don't know a ton about the company, to be honest.  You think you know them?  That'd be pretty cool!  :D

Figured now's as good a time as any to update the history list :)  I'm super excited for what's in store and think it's great that they went with a mostly unforeseen idea (not following the Original Trilogy like previously - though I would like to finish that thread of theme and really  hope they get some Zuckuss and 4-LOM in the expansion after Heart of the Empire)

On 3/1/2017 at 1:56 PM, nickv2002 said:

Thanks for the continued updates @Masterchiefspiff! Looks like the new forums allowed the removal of the un-needed syntax highlighting too.

When you do your next update you might consider zero-padding the dates so they line up better, for example: 1/13/17 becomes 01/13/17

Oh and I zero padded the dates thanks for that idea!

Now that we're getting closer to the release for Heart of the Empire, I figured it was time to update this thread and maybe we bump it for a week or two since there's lots of new people asking about dates and what can we expect :)

TL:DR - HotE has been On the Boat 6 weeks now, so should be shipping hopefully within two weeks and in stores within two more: I'm going to go relatively safe and say it's probably available October 5th.

Edit: 9/7/17 - Updated with some dates for HotE wave

Just for reference and so we have record for a future update, @Masterchiefspiff:

I Am No Jedi, Blister Spoiler- 9/22/2017

"Shipping" Updated- 9/29/2017 (sitting at a record breaking 65 days on the boat- though I guess we have nothing on the Ghosts of Dathomir folks)

Anyway, when do we think we're gonna hear about the next wave?  :P

Edit: And, assuming all goes according to plan, in stores on the 12th, of course.

Edited by subtrendy2

15 minutes ago, Portage said:

So we should see a blister/supporting wave released around the time of the Solo movies (May 2018)?

I don't think we can say that for certain, but even if we do see one I wouldn't expect it to tie in with the movie.  Production for stuff like this is, from what I recall, 6-12 months before we even start hearing about it, and IA has never really given us anything that the public hadn't previously known about anyway during that timeframe.  

Closest we've come is probably Sentry Droids announced on May 5 this year in the Heart of the Empire box, after being introduced in a November 26 episode last year.  They're based on Dark Troopers from like 20 something years ago, but still...

X-Wing typically is a lot more timely with this sort of thing.  They already have products from TLJ coming down the pipeline.

Edited by subtrendy2

Updated the main page - been a little bit :)

Now just looking forward to whatever's around the corner - and figuring out all this HotE stuff on the table!

Prediction: announcement for something new by End of November - that's about a month and a half after the last thing dropped and sounds like a good time to reveal something. I know I'm perfectly fine with the crazy awesome pace of the first two years of this game slowing down just a tad into something manageable :)

9 minutes ago, Masterchiefspiff said:

Prediction: announcement for something new by End of November - that's about a month and a half after the last thing dropped and sounds like a good time to reveal something. I know I'm perfectly fine with the crazy awesome pace of the first two years of this game slowing down just a tad into something manageable :)

Just out of curiosity as to FFG's apparent trends for this time of the year before the holidays (and because, hey, I've got nothing else to do right now), here's what new content was announced last year between 11/15 and the end of the year.

Arkham Horror The Card Game: Curse of the Rugarou- 11/17

Imperial Assault- ISB Headquarters Map- 11/17

A Game of Thrones the Card Game: All Men are Fools- 11/23

Mansions of Madness- Dice Pack- 12/07

Netrunner- Earth's Scion- 12/07

Descent- Seeds of Corruption- 12/20/17

Arkham Horror The Card Game: Blood on the Altar- 12/21

A Game of Thrones the Card Game- Watchers on the Wall- 12/21

So, it does seem like stuff still gets announced, even late in December which is a bit of a surprise.  Descent got a RTL update announced as late as the 20th, and the update itself came less than a month later (01/16).   So, I'd say it's definitely possible we could get an update on something before 2018.

26 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

Just out of curiosity as to FFG's apparent trends for this time of the year before the holidays (and because, hey, I've got nothing else to do right now), here's what new content was announced last year between 11/15 and the end of the year.

Arkham Horror The Card Game: Curse of the Rugarou- 11/17

Imperial Assault- ISB Headquarters Map- 11/17

A Game of Thrones the Card Game: All Men are Fools- 11/23

Mansions of Madness- Dice Pack- 12/07

Netrunner- Earth's Scion- 12/07

Descent- Seeds of Corruption- 12/20/17

Arkham Horror The Card Game: Blood on the Altar- 12/21

A Game of Thrones the Card Game- Watchers on the Wall- 12/21

So, it does seem like stuff still gets announced, even late in December which is a bit of a surprise.  Descent got a RTL update announced as late as the 20th, and the update itself came less than a month later (01/16).   So, I'd say it's definitely possible we could get an update on something before 2018.

Yeah there's definitely no way they're gonna drop a new expansion and it'd be available by Christmas at this point. But I don't think we've ever gone two months without the next thing announced. So I'm hoping for something sooner than later. 

That being said, we should have a tournament update with a new map rotating in you'd have to think any day, especially with regionals about to start.