Sign in to follow this  
MacchuWA

You can increase or decrease obe number in the game by one. What do you do?

Simple premise. Imagine all of the printed numbers in the game. Pilot skills, point cost, attack dice, movement speeds on dials. Now imagine that you can change one of the numbers by one, up or down. The change is permanent, and universal. What would you change?

A couple of points - if you change a cardinal number, I.e. Attack, defence, hull or shields for a given ship, you can choose to change that for the entire class or for one specific ship in an ORS type deal. If you change the speed of a manoeuvre on a dial, you can make it symmetrical. And you have to pick just one - no laundry list of tweaks. Pick the one change that would most positively impact a ship or upgrade of your choice.

Me, I'd add one to the Scyk's agility. Have it really embrace that glass cannon, super dice reliant role.

What would you do?

Some interesting "number" changes.

• Change Veteran Instincts by +1, to make it increase PS by 3!
  • Systems slots have numbers: Change electronic baffle by a -1, to allow you to suffer 0 damage to ignore stress/ions.  Or Change Advanced Sensors by a +1 to allow you to perform 2 free actions , Accuracy corrector, change to add 3 hit results... etc etc they are all broken if you change them. 
  • TIE Shuttle Title: lots you can do here.   Increase it to 3 crew, or change the value restriction to 5 which would allow gunner... or perhaps simply reduce gunner to 4, giving it a much wider impact. 
  • •Expose - +1 to weapon boost. Increase primary weapon by 2!  Might get some use now!

more reasonable changes:

• Change autoblaster by +1 to 4 dice. It's expensive and requires range 1, so already hard to use. 
  • Reduce principal rebel characters by -1 : Leia, Luke, Chewbacca, and Han each reduced by 1 point. 
  • Ruthlessness - Either +1 to the range, or +1 to the damage line at the end, giving another ship 2 damage.   This is a card that I have never seen used ever, and this might make it somewhat worthwhile. 
  • E-Wing - +1 agility or +1 shield.   Would love to see this ship get some more flight time, and the generics never get used.

I'd make the Falcon's primary 4 just to watch PGS and FGD have a collective apoplexy.

or

Maybe give YV-666 a fourth primary die. It would definitely see more table time that way.

I see a ton of YV-666's already, I think it's a great ship!

For me, I'm tempted to say increase the HWK primary weapon to 2, but I still don't think it makes the ship any better, as you still need to slap a turret on it. So instead, I'll increase the cost of Engine Upgrade from 4 to 5.

Change VI cost to 2

increase outer rim smugglers weapon from 2 to 3

I would if I could make Stygium Particle Accelerator a system slot but that's something different

and increase the TIE Bombers/Punishers attack from 2 to 3

Raise contracted scout's cost by 1

Balance wise, this is probably correct, but even at their current, slightly too inexpensive cost, they're not exactly lighting the world on fire. They changed the meta, but they're not owning it.

I mean...I still agree, but mostly because lots of the other Scum options in that point range look so poor by comparison.