Sign in to follow this  
ElitePilot

Seriously, where's YODA?

We'd get Obi-Wan first.

I think you mean Ben Kenobi.

qRzF2vg.jpg

It seemed appropriate to let him sacrifice himself to save you in your most desperate moment.

Love it!

Yoda has to be friendly and helpful for any rebel and across the entire board like Palps, something like "One per round, when a friendly ship receives a stress token, they may receive a focus or evade token instead." Now Poe can do t-rolls without worrying about getting a focus. Other rebels can do a red, get a focus or evade, and then still do there action to boost focus etc. Stresshog gives them a focus/evade on one of the shots. Ships with tactician are now shooting focuses/evades at you :P

Yoda has to be friendly and helpful for any rebel and across the entire board like Palps, something like "One per round, when a friendly ship receives a stress token, they may receive a focus or evade token instead." Now Poe can do t-rolls without worrying about getting a focus. Other rebels can do a red, get a focus or evade, and then still do there action to boost focus etc. Stresshog gives them a focus/evade on one of the shots. Ships with tactician are now shooting focuses/evades at you :P

How about just "Once per round, when a friendly ship performs a focus action, assign 1 additional focus token to that ship."

LZSsK15.jpg

The focus symbol is pretty heavily linked with force users at this point, and with Yoda being a mentor/guide figure it would make sense that he allowed his companions to use this more readily.

I really wanted to make the focus symbol work in a way that suited Obi-Wan's character, which came out through a heroic sacrifice. Yoda's should somehow embody teaching and training.

Edited by Mangipan

Yoda [Crew] {2} (Rebel Only)

Once per round, when Emperor Palpatine changes an attack die, you may change it back to its original facing. This die may not be rerolled.

Obi Wan Kenobi (Crew) {0} (Rebel Only)

When an opponent uses Darth Vader's crew card ability against you, you may discard this card to negate Darth Vader's critical hit effect.

Nope. Why have a card that is only useful if you are playing an imperial list that actually contains those cards?

Because they're thematic and cheap. Scum have a great counter to Palpatine and Vader in Boba Fett; this would give Rebels something similar, but with a different mechanic. Not every upgrade should be universal -- game choices are about opportunity cost.

Yoda [Crew] {2} (Rebel Only)

Once per round, when Emperor Palpatine changes an attack die, you may change it back to its original facing. This die may not be rerolled.

Obi Wan Kenobi (Crew) {0} (Rebel Only)

When an opponent uses Darth Vader's crew card ability against you, you may discard this card to negate Darth Vader's critical hit effect.

Nope. Why have a card that is only useful if you are playing an imperial list that actually contains those cards?

Because they're thematic and cheap. Scum have a great counter to Palpatine and Vader in Boba Fett; this would give Rebels something similar, but with a different mechanic. Not every upgrade should be universal -- game choices are about opportunity cost.

Wait, those cards aren't a joke?

If you're actually serious, those are silver bullets: cards that target very specific other cards. In a game with blind building this is terrible design: they're completely wasted if the opponent doesn't run that one specific card. There's a reason Predator, Dengar and Autothrusters have a limited effect even if their target ship type isn't on the field, and PS1-2 generics/named pilots/turrets are far more common than two specific Imperial crew cards.

Upgrade cards are common enough to justify Boba, but cards that target specific other upgrade cards are awful, awful design in a blind build game.

Yoda's mini TIE from clone wars NEEDS to be in this game.

Or not.

Yoda could move ships like a tractor beam! As crew. That would be cool

Dude, dont spoil season six of clone wars to me yet!

The separatists lose, there I saved you a few hours of your life.

Actually for obvious reasons the Separatist do not lose in "The Clone Wars", but god **** now I am tempted to spoil this awesome, those last three episodes changed my whole view on Yoda and make him so much more awesome.  

Didn't I read/see/hallucinate/have a Force vision about Kanan flying a Jedi Starfighter in Rebels?

I've only seen the first season and I'm not sensitive about spoilers btw.

If so we could have a Jedi Starfighter with Kanan, Ahsoko and Yoda pilots. I know Kanan is already a pilot (Ghost) but that's my contribution to this topic.

1. Yoda obviously can fly a spaceship, since he's a master jedi. Yoda is awesome with his lightsaber, yet people probably argued he couldn't use one very well before the 3 prequels came out. in fact, I'm sure he's a better pilot than Luke.

2. Yoda obviously flew between planets, whether as pilot or crew. so Yoda as a crew would be perfectly fitting.

3. honestly, who cares whether he's in a movie or not, Yoda as pilot or crew would be awesome and that is reason enough.

I keep reading "when was Yoda ever in a shop"....ok...true, but when do you see Palpatine fly anything....sure he walked out of a shuttle...then hey Yoda can be used in some way as Palp.

true Yoda was never in a shop, hence the same people above would argue that Yoda is incapable of entering a shop and buy something.

We'd get Obi-Wan first.

I think you mean Ben Kenobi.

qRzF2vg.jpg

It seemed appropriate to let him sacrifice himself to save you in your most desperate moment.

I'm not usually a fan of home made cards, but this is perfect.

Yoda, Kenobi and Anakin(with Vader's pilot ability) would all fit in a Clone Wars era version of the game. Which i'd like to see. Make it compatible, but not a must have...for the game. , so those that o not like it dont have to get into it. Make it have al lthe same rules, but have separate tournamments.

Until something like this happens, Yoda and Kenobi barely have a place in the game.

Kenobi as a crew, maybe, but I'd rather see some sort of Force Ghost for him , but howyou'd incoproate that could be tricky.

Perhaps a EPT - "Use the Force" (but with a picture of Kenobi in ghost form- oh and make it a unique ept)

Rules: so that like ThePenguin's card was..." change all blanks toFocus."...that way Luke shooting the death star is very well represented. He can use the EPT when he takes the shot on the exhaust port. Combined with a focus. ...much more representational than trying to target lock it.

i like that purposed Yoda card. Considering in the trilogy hes always going "You must focus! Focus harder!" or something along those likes it makes sense he'd be a supporty crew card involving focus actions.

Could also just be flat out "At the start of the combat phase, assign 1 focus token to any friendly ship" so Rebels have a crew that is similar in power to Palpatine, but not as solidified so not worth 2 crew slots (also hes too small for that anyway)

I like the idea of it being able to be used on Kanan (though he cant have an EPT, would if he was in the Phantom) and Ezra, Corran, etc. And the idea of "Trust/use the force"for its name, with just having Obiwan on the card, but this is pretty good looking so far, DarthenderX

Edited by knavelead

For campaign play we had a Force sensitive EPT that allowed you to buy other force EPTs and it increased PS by 1.

EPT trees work great for campaign play but probably not for 100pt skirmishes.

I would love to see more force use in the game but that's more clone warsy and people get really weird about that time period

Yoda doesn't physically leave Dagobah but we have seen him show up on Rebels on Lothal.

Astral plane shenanigans. How bout dat?

So why can't an astral projection take up a slot?

2OaHuES.png

8pts for that? uh, way too much lol. Especially since thats eating Luke's EPT slot which can be painful to lose.

I'd say either 8pts but it doesnt take ANY slots, or 5pts for it.