Sign in to follow this  
TheMoonLord

Please, make E-Wings viable.

1.  Release Corran in an X-Wing.

2.  Discontinue E-Wing and pretend that ugly pos never existed.

3.  Enjoy life.

I approve of this post. no offence to those who like it, but I think the e-wing is the ugliest ship in x-wing.

Then what about the K-wings? :P

"aww man, am I the only one that likes theE-wing design..." - by starb3rrypanic

No, I like them too, I flew them in an rpg for 8 years...actually we played our squadron as Knave Squadron form the Dark Empire comic. So I was qute upset when I bought my Ewing and wanted to play a decent ship to find it was overcosted and the Knaves were the worst of the 2 generics. :(

I was quite happy to see one of my favorite Xwing Rogue Squadron pilots in the cockpit of one, even if it was the WRONG ship for him to be flying!

"Also I find the hate on the EU ships funny. With out that EU you wouldn't have a good majority of the pilots in the OT ships. Personally, I have more draw to the defender then a regular fighter, but it's almost like different people have different tastes." - by Hujoe Bigs

That right there! I love most of the ships from the EU, and those than insult them either never appreciated tem since they only just watched the movies and thus didnt play the videogame/read the books/play rpgs...and thus hate them just because they are "different". To me that is bad sicne they arent really giving it a chance...and yet love certain abilities and things in the game like Chaardaan Refit, or Soontir Fel, etc, without ever knowing the backstory for those bjects or characters....which I love even more since I think they got it right in the game when knowing the source material.

Nothing until Rebel Veterans (hopefully).

FFG plan for e wings.

Stage 1.

Delete Corran Horne.

Stage 2.

Go crazy!

I can't see how any buff to Ewings wont make Mr Top Table staple Horne even more stupid good.

And any criticism of Ewings in general already applies to tie interceptors. We can ignore Fell (e wing campaigners ignore Horne, so that's fair). Then we are left with Jax. Loads of ships, but only one that's good. Admittedly that's one more than the Ewing, but still.

At least no Ewing is the games byword for totally crap.

Looking at you Fels Wrath.

Honestly, if FFG is going to show any ship any love, it really should be the ship that's the name of the game - the X-wing.

The E-wing can really languish in back-burneristan for all I care (as could the TIE Defender have done).

Without X-wings, this game just seems less Starwarsy than it used to do, which is a shame.

They have given the X-Wing enough love. They released the E-Wing and literally just forgot about it, but the X-Wing has extra content.  

Corran Horn called. He wanted to this.

maxresdefault.jpg

Corran Horn is (really) good.

By far and away my favourite Pilot. Don't leave home for a competative game without him.

(Hahahahahahaha) Say WHAT now?

I still don't get why Integrated Astromech is X-wing only. In one fell swoop, it could've boosted X-wings, Y-wings, and E-wings. Maybe they didn't want to make TLT spam even stronger?

I still don't get why Integrated Astromech is X-wing only. In one fell swoop, it could've boosted X-wings, Y-wings, and E-wings. Maybe they didn't want to make TLT spam even stronger?

No. It is because that was the X-Wing fix, and giving it to the rest makes it even more unviable.

Corran Horn is (really) good.

By far and away my favourite Pilot. Don't leave home for a competative game without him.

(Hahahahahahaha) Say WHAT now?

I stand by it. Corran can tank it when required and can comfortably compete with most aces in the game - he might not catch Soontir, but he's unlikely to be killed by him. He can joust with most ships - 8 modified red dice should not be sniffed at. 

Sure there are better ships out there, but I think Corran is a very, very good ship to have in your list if you're running one appropriate for it.

Nothing until Rebel Veterans (hopefully).

FFG plan for e wings.

Stage 1.

Delete Corran Horne.

Stage 2.

Go crazy!

I can't see how any buff to Ewings wont make Mr Top Table staple Horne even more stupid good.

And any criticism of Ewings in general already applies to tie interceptors. We can ignore Fell (e wing campaigners ignore Horne, so that's fair). Then we are left with Jax. Loads of ships, but only one that's good. Admittedly that's one more than the Ewing, but still.

At least no Ewing is the games byword for totally crap.

Looking at you Fels Wrath.

By ignoring the title for now and looking at mod and systems slot. Horn wouldn't be as good in Z, it's do also in part by his upgrades.

B wings are cool because they allow you to combo the systems slot with the crew and ept slot, while E wings are cool because they allow you to, you guessed it, combo the systems slot with astromechs and ept's.

Problem is only Corran and Etahn have EPT's and the generics have their own problems.

And now we have the new xwings which combo the astromech slot with that new tech slot and ept's so... gl e wings.

Just played first friendly with a new Corran. Seems like a fun pilot, but over-costed IMHO. And all those points paints a big fat target on him. He was taken out in the second round by a Howlrunner and black squadron swarm sharing VI across the board. If I was able to take her out first round would have worked better... 

Just played first friendly with a new Corran. Seems like a fun pilot, but over-costed IMHO. And all those points paints a big fat target on him. He was taken out in the second round by a Howlrunner and black squadron swarm sharing VI across the board. If I was able to take her out first round would have worked better... 

What, pray tell, was your Corran doing in front of the entire enemy squadron? And where was the rest of your squadron while this was happening?

Edited by DR4CO

What, pray tell, was your Corran doing in front of the entire enemy squadron? And where was the rest of your squadron while this was happening?

He wasn't in front, so was outside range 3 of Howlie first round. Landed five hits on a scimitar bomber, but due to four of those being ctits, couldn't take it down that round. Second round caught all the focused shooting of the swarm, most swooped into range 1 and all with Howl re-roll. Poof... space dust. Those two hull points go fast! Want to figure out how to use him, as that extra attack seems vicious if dialed in right!

"Hardwired E-Wing"

Title. E-Wing only.

Your upgrade bar loses the (system) and (astromech) upgrade icons.

If your pilot skill is 3 or more, your upgrade bar gains the (ept) upgrade icon.

-3 points

Not sure if that would fit in the lore of SW, but the way I see it, the rebels needed to simplify the convoluted systems and astromech requirements on the E-Wing in order to improve its performance. What this card would do is basically provide naked generics a significant price reduction as well as incentives through an extra EPT to buff the PS3 generics and Etahn. This wouldn't buff Corran but could potentially give him an alternative way to play him since he wouldn't be able to be super stacked with R2D2 and AS/FCS.

Just my ₽2

Edited by SpikeSpiegel

"Hardwired E-Wing"

Title. E-Wing only.

If your pilot skill is 3 more, your upgrade bar gains the (ept) upgrade icon.

-3 points

Not sure if that would fit in the lore of SW, but the way I see it, the rebels needed to simplify the convoluted systems and astromech requirements on the E-Wing in order to improve its performance. What this card would do is basically provide naked generics a significant price reduction as well as incentives through an extra EPT to buff the PS3 generics and Etahn. This wouldn't buff Corran but could potentially give him an alternative way to play him since he wouldn't be able to be super stacked with R2D2 and AS/FCS.

Just my ₽2

Pretty much this, title adds an ept, you can not gain one if you have one. The point reduction is iffy not sure that will balance on a spreadsheet but fixing generics without helping corran is possible. Don't include him in the fix, it really can be done.

And for the of god fix the ps of the lowest generic, tie academy pilots (kids) have a 2. You let ps1 guys in your elite fighters? Come on seriously.

Edited by LordFajubi

"Hardwired E-Wing"

Title. E-Wing only.

If your pilot skill is 3 more, your upgrade bar gains the (ept) upgrade icon.

-3 points

Just my ₽2

Pretty much this, title adds an ept, you can not gain one if you have one. The point reduction is iffy not sure that will balance on a spreadsheet but fixing generics without helping corran is possible. Don't include him in the fix, it really can be done.

I actually think the E-Wings with EPTs should gain a second one à la A-Wing Test Pilots. Fluff-wise, the reduction in computer and AI assistance would allow pilots to hone their skills and talents at a much higher level. Sure, Corran will have his points reduced as well, but we see Corran benefit the most when he is fully kitted out. This title upgrade would allow Corran to run two EPTs and reduce his points cost, but it would be at the cost of running him without his traditional load outs that allow him to regenerate consistently or churn out consist damage off of his ability.

(...)

And for the of god fix the ps of the lowest generic, tie academy pilots (kids) have a 2. You let ps1 guys in your elite fighters? Come on seriously.

Academy pilot is PS1.

If the situation is dire enough, why not?

If you have serious trouble getting enough pilots employed fast enough while having fighters, or your base is falling, and the fighters are going to be surely destroyed if they not getting away, then you send the rookies.

Then you can always play scenarios like Empire or Scum attacking a rebel squad which was on first "sharp" exercise.

And anyways in this game long dead people attack in each other in ships 30years apart.... :P

E-Wing Title: -3pts

Must equip an R7 droid

Then release one or two new R7 droids, possibly E-Wing Only. Now Corran can pay for his regen like normal, or take an R7 droid to save a few points.

E-wings have the Rebel's best in my opinion: Horn. Fun, powerful, expensive.....kinda like the USAF's new fighter; all that and more. I love flying him with some X's.....the base pilot models are just that, base. No fix needed for this monster ship

Ahhh the E-Wing. It's not a bad looking ship, if a little to close to looking like a BSG Starviper (which in turn was a ripoff of the xwing). 

Peeps have said it but:

- too expensive

- only one good pilot

- generics are waaaaay over costed + lack EPT

Any fix would have to address these three key failings. 

the funny part is that Ewings need MORE than -3 points to be good.  They also need something to make them useful beyond simply being a non-most-efficient jouster.  See what happens to the Xwing and the Bwing and the TLT Y when better jousters get into the picture.  They disappear.  

X got beaten by B, B got beaten by Z, Z got beaten by TLT Y (kinda), TLT Y got beaten by Scouts.  

FFG, DON'T JUST MAKE THEM COST EFFICIENT.  GIVE US REASONS FOR CHOOSING TO FLY AN X OR B OR E.  

The Awing gets taken as a super blocker.  It also has Autothrusters.  It can also cheaply carry Crackshot at PS4.  It utlizies the ships innate boost even at low PS.  

What about a systems slot upgrade that makes effective use of the Bs and Es barrel rolls: 

Assisted Controls

System 1pt 

Bwing and Ewing only.

After you perform a barrel roll action, you may take a free Target Lock action.  

Enhanced Gyroscopics

System 1pt

Bwing and Ewing only

You may perform barrel rolls with the 1 slight turn template.  

Neither of these would be useful on Corran.  

Edited by Blail Blerg