Sign in to follow this  
TheMoonLord

Please, make E-Wings viable.

Yeah probably waiting on some kind of title ± a Systems/Astro combo that bumps the generics up. I really want to run the Blackmoons to fight Contracted Scouts and TLT Y-Wings but they need something really special.

It'll Happen eventually.

At least for the generics.

Lots of ships need something

I think the Imperial firespray is in bad need of something, even more than the Ewing.

At least coran makes an appearance.

When was last time anyone saw Imperial firespray in a top spot.

I really hate Imperial bobs fett ability.

He should be much better.

As someone with no dog in this fight (I only fly for the Empire), it really doesn't bother me so much that the E-Wing really never shows up. Also, I was pretty disappointed with Wave 4, as few of those ships really did much for me in terms of loving Star Wars. (I'd never heard of the E-Wing or TIE Phantom, and the TIE Defender struck me as some glue-on-some-extra-panels nonsense from a computer game. The Z-95 at least had some pedigree in the lore.)  Of course, the waves have not gotten much better since then, but, c'est la vie, I suppose.

But I grudgingly acknowledge that all ships should accurately be point-costed, so that people can fly the ships they love, even if their loves are perverse (from my perspective). ;)

It's not easy to buff the generics without buffing Corran that's why e-wing buff threads die fast because no one's got a really good idea how to do it.

Maybe a training wheels buff, that only applies to pilots below a certain PS?

As someone with no dog in this fight (I only fly for the Empire), it really doesn't bother me so much that the E-Wing really never shows up. Also, I was pretty disappointed with Wave 4, as few of those ships really did much for me in terms of loving Star Wars. (I'd never heard of the E-Wing or TIE Phantom, and the TIE Defender struck me as some glue-on-some-extra-panels nonsense from a computer game. The Z-95 at least had some pedigree in the lore.)  Of course, the waves have not gotten much better since then, but, c'est la vie, I suppose.

But I grudgingly acknowledge that all ships should accurately be point-costed, so that people can fly the ships they love, even if their loves are perverse (from my perspective). ;)

It's not easy to buff the generics without buffing Corran that's why e-wing buff threads die fast because no one's got a really good idea how to do it.

Maybe a training wheels buff, that only applies to pilots below a certain PS?

No one argues that point but no one knows how to buff them, that's why none of these threads have yet to go over three pages.

It's a great upgrade, but not on expensive low ps generics that move first and get arc dodged.

Same reason you don't take ATC on generic advanced.

I do... 

EDIT: Need to fly a bunch of these with Vess.

Edited by TheMoonLord

The main issue is that FCS Knaves are 29 points and less reliable than FCS Blue B-Wings at 24 points. Plus now those same Bs can add Tractor Beams for a point apiece and really add to their versatility.

E-wings have kind of a crap dial, are too expensive and simultaneously too fragile. They can take some interesting combos but the higher generics lack EPTs, which really stifles you creativity at hand. If they release PS5 or 6 generics with Talents at say 30 points apiece, plus a cost-reducing measure (a lá Glaive Defenders and the TIE/x7 title) you might see some interesting PtL/R2 Astro/FCS builds crop up, or something along those lines.

My biggest problem was always the return on investment; I'm paying six points for a 3AGI X-Wing that loses a point of PS and gains a Sensor slot. What exactly does that do for me? I can't take advantage of the Evade and Barrel Roll actions because of low Pilot Skill and lack of Talent slot on the generics; I can't fly in 4x Rebel fashion formation because they start at 27 points; I can't equip a Turret or Cannon for control; I can't equip Autothrusters for longevity; and I'm never going to touch the Torp slot without serious investment as well.

I've considered running a single Knave with an Accuracy Corrector as a strong blocker but with all that options available to the Rebels right now I can't justify those 30 points over a Warden with TLT and an Intel Agent, or a loaded Sabine, or or or....

Honestly, if FFG is going to show any ship any love, it really should be the ship that's the name of the game - the X-wing.

The E-wing can really languish in back-burneristan for all I care (as could the TIE Defender have done).

Without X-wings, this game just seems less Starwarsy than it used to do, which is a shame.

Exactly.  Almost anything designed to help E-Wings needs to start with "During the Combat phase..." and end with "... you may not perform any more attacks this round."  That way if Corran wants it he has to lose his ability.

I think the closest thing people have suggested that might do the trick is a title that says something like when you equip an astromech with R7 in the name, reduce its point cost by n points. (n=2 or 3).  Then you come out with 2 or 3 new R7 unique options that are really good but would force Corran to give up R2-D2's regen if he wants to take them.

Counterpart Synchronization- Ewing only

Nonunique astromechs cost 2 less

If you equip an astromech named R7,

reduce the cost of system upgrades by 2

Once per round, when you spend a TL, gain a TL

Corran/R2D2 only gains the ability to fire a modified torpedo, or give up FCS for a more expensive system.

Best effects come from R7 generic (normally an overpriced astromech except on Tarn, but thematic for Ewing) with FCS, able to spend a TL on defence with R7, then spend it again on attack, and gain a new one with FCS.

Targetting astro and any new generics get partial bonus, and Boostbot (r7T1) and any new R7s give a discount to systems.

It'll Happen eventually.

At least for the generics.

Lots of ships need something

I think the Imperial firespray is in bad need of something, even more than the Ewing.

At least coran makes an appearance.

When was last time anyone saw Imperial firespray in a top spot.

I really hate Imperial bobs fett ability.

He should be much better.

Yes, the Imperial Firespray needs to be retconned out of existence.

Blackmoons with SJ. People laughed at the idea, back when SJ was in the trash and people always insisted that it was a terrible card. There areany ways to fly them. They do how ever have competition that usually is a bit better for the bag for their buck.

Also I find the hate on the EU ships funny. With out that EU you wouldn't have a good majority of the pilots in the OT ships. Personally, I have more draw to the defender then a regular fighter, but it's almost like different people have different tastes.

1.  Release Corran in an X-Wing.

2.  Discontinue E-Wing and pretend that ugly pos never existed.

3.  Enjoy life.

I approve of this post. no offence to those who like it, but I think the e-wing is the ugliest ship in x-wing

Blackmoons with SJ. People laughed at the idea, back when SJ was in the trash and people always insisted that it was a terrible card. There areany ways to fly them. They do how ever have competition that usually is a bit better for the bag for their buck.

Also I find the hate on the EU ships funny. With out that EU you wouldn't have a good majority of the pilots in the OT ships. Personally, I have more draw to the defender then a regular fighter, but it's almost like different people have different tastes.

I fly the double aggressors with SJ. it might be silly but I found it useful especially when TLTs were more common. however, I think it struggles a bit vs aces because they almost always have a focus token or 2.