Sign in to follow this  
Chxckmate

In Nexus of Power, what is the justification for Gungans having three presence?

I can understand the 1 intellect, but I figured Gungans to be specifically agile. When I oped NoP I expected Gungans to have three agility. From the top of my head they are able to jump exceptionally high.

I'm probably missing something key. Do Gungans come off as particularly charming, or does something about their culture lead to them being better able to deal with other species?

Edited by Chxckmate

Meesa no carin' how bombad yousa Characteristics be rated.

If yousa come to this'n game session sounding like this'n, meesa gonna take away yousa Character Sheet.

There is no way anyone thinks Gungans are "charming", unless you're a senile old goat like Lucas and Spielberg when they decided to put Jar Jar in the movies.

"Everybody liked Chewie b/c he talked funny, right? Let's have somebody else talk funny. I'm sure that'll work!"

I mean going on the on oddball weirdo we all hate they could have been 1,1,1,1,1,1 with zero starting xp... but thanks to CW they could have been a species with 2x3 and 2x1, probably 2,3,1,1,2,3. or 2,3,1,2,1,3. but we got what we got i suppose. I can only assume its because the other characters find them Charming even if we don't, and they did bargain in a way with Qui Gon.

Edited by Richardbuxton

When I oped NoP I expected Gungans to have three agility. From the top of my head they are able to jump exceptionally high.

Jar-Jar was a Sith Lord, or an infected symboite of the dark Side. Also, did you know the attack on the Death Star was staged. It was a large conspiracy by the Empire.(See this.)

Meesa no carin' how bombad yousa Characteristics be rated.

If yousa come to this'n game session sounding like this'n, meesa gonna take away yousa Character Sheet.

There is no way anyone thinks Gungans are "charming", unless you're a senile old goat like Lucas and Spielberg when they decided to put Jar Jar in the movies.

"Everybody liked Chewie b/c he talked funny, right? Let's have somebody else talk funny. I'm sure that'll work!"

Queen Julia for sure thought that representative Binks was charming. Even if this meant that Mace Windu had wait for hours and hours to see the queen. ;-)

And I am talking for sure the TCW representation for the Gungans over the movie version. 

Edited by SEApocalypse

Bit more seriously, whenever the shows/movies interact with non-Jar-Jar gungans, they're actually pretty social. Like, aside from their army, the main other group the series deals with is the Gungan Council. And for all we joke about Jar-Jar, he is shockingly good at convincing people of things, or distracting them- wait a minute, isn't there a spec for this... oh god Jar-Jar is a Performer. It fits him perfectly.

Bit more seriously, whenever the shows/movies interact with non-Jar-Jar gungans, they're actually pretty social. Like, aside from their army, the main other group the series deals with is the Gungan Council. And for all we joke about Jar-Jar, he is shockingly good at convincing people of things, or distracting them- wait a minute, isn't there a spec for this... oh god Jar-Jar is a Performer. It fits him perfectly.

He gets as well constantly mistaken for Jedi. And actually plays this to his advantage several times. Oh and he is an exile as well. Just saying because you mentioned specs. ;-)

Edited by SEApocalypse

Most Species build up are based around iconic character of that specie in the movies and Jar-Jar was a politician so It can explain why they decided to make gungan charismatic.

Edited by vilainn6

This

Force Jump doesn't require any particular level of Agility (or Brawn) nor does it require Coordination (or Athletics). So, if he actually is using the Force... ;)

And if not it is one example of many of the guy having a surprisingly agility combined with being either clumsy of performing perfectly being clumsy while evading blaster fire on the same level than the jedi do. The the whole Jar Jar is a Sith Lord / Jedi is far fetched. 

Force Jump doesn't require any particular level of Agility (or Brawn) nor does it require Coordination (or Athletics). So, if he actually is using the Force... ;)

And if not it is one example of many of the guy having a surprisingly agility combined with being either clumsy of performing perfectly being clumsy while evading blaster fire on the same level than the jedi do. The the whole Jar Jar is a Sith Lord / Jedi is far fetched. 

GM George hated the character and punished the player by upgrading checks or applying setback whenever he could. That character accrued lots of threat and despair throughout the campaign.

Jar Jar isn't very Agile at all I mean he is an excellent example of a 1 Agi 1 Int 1 Will character,

Jar-Jar has several levels of a variant of Adversary where it applies to his own rolls too....

Jar Jar is just a **** character full stop.

I watched Epicsuck Wun when it was in theaters. Haven't bothered to see it since. And I didn't watch 2 or 3 because of Wun. Just thinking about Jar Jar makes me wish the Empire would eradicate the Gungan species. When I run a campaign, maybe that will be one more evil thing they've done....

In my group of friends I GM our star wars game. But once it ends if any of them decide to do another one during the clone wars or around episode 7 I plan on playing a Gungan. I will focus on charm and diplomacy and always try to talk my way out of combat with as many "Wesas, Bombads" and "Doodoos" as it takes.

In my group of friends I GM our star wars game. But once it ends if any of them decide to do another one during the clone wars or around episode 7 I plan on playing a Gungan. I will focus on charm and diplomacy and always try to talk my way out of combat with as many "Wesas, Bombads" and "Doodoos" as it takes.

You are an evil evil person :o