Sign in to follow this  
Thanatopsis

Flight of the Stormcaller Card Spoilers

Rod of the Steward looks super good. 

2 resources for one card is a pretty poor exchange rate.  Granted, it doesn't have a limit which will probably be abuseable.

Edited by cmabr002

Wow... Denethor let's you play Steward on the first turn if you draw it... and/or Gondorian shield also on the first turn! I really like him, should be a good defender in solo decks.

And dat Healer... woah... discard and 2 damages each round? yeah!

Edited by Lecitadin

I prefer core Denethor, with Burning Brand he is a good defender and like his ability more. The new Leadership get the two resources bonus ok, bug i fo not find hkm tgst interesting.

On the other hand the Rod is s nice attachment since with Steward you can either get two resources or draw an extra card.

In the service of thd steward is a card i will probably never play.

Imladris Caregiver can be usefull especially in an Elrond deck

Edited by Nickpes

yup, paired with steward.

lots of cards based on resources and card draw

Edited by beregrew

2 resources for one card is a pretty poor exchange rate.  Granted, it doesn't have a limit which will probably be abuseable.

I mean, what's a resource these days with Gloin and Boromir super-decks?  :D

Edited by Kakita Shiro

I'm stunned. What an amazing pack!

So Denethor [....] he seems okay

Okay?!!? Denethor and any other two heroes lets you get out a turn 1 OHaUH Gandalf. Talk about powerful. With Arwen and Grima you could a 7 resource opening hand every game. 

Yep. He will be interesting to build decks around (more intesresting that my syntax, anyways).

I'm stunned. What an amazing pack!

So Denethor [....] he seems okay

Okay?!!? Denethor and any other two heroes lets you get out a turn 1 OHaUH Gandalf. Talk about powerful. With Arwen and Grima you could a 7 resource opening hand every game. 

10 resources in easy mode.  :o

In Service to the Steward is a great card when you want to use Gondorian Shield on a non Gondor hero and your playing multiplayer and someone else had the Steward.

2 neutral cards and one Tactics card makes me sad, but it seems like a pretty good Tactics card, especially with the Beorn ally... Swing back for 8 damage if you trigger his ability first. Boromir, Knight of Minas Tirith, Veteran of Isgiliath, and Veteran of Nanduhirion can all attack for 4 with their factions' respective buffs. Sadly, all of these allies are expensive, and any affordable allies swing for 2 or less... Though Silvan could make it work because they have the attack boost first turn, plus they cost one less, plus they like to leave play...

I'm really happy to see another good healer, and some decent secrecy support too.

Heed the Dream could be pretty awesome in multiplayer, and at least decent in one player of you want to get 1 card for one resource... But looking at top 5 certainly makes it worth it.

What I like about Denethor is that he is a great fit for Steward of Gondor. I think the cards here are great for Gondor decks, both mono-Leadership and multisphere. Tri-sphere especially becomes viable with Denethor's ability and the Steward. I'm thinking of something like Mablung, Damrod, Denethor.

Also, the card title for Rod of the Steward made me laugh.

I have to say, I really like Denethor - his ability to supercharge your start could be pretty amazing in the right deck, and his inherent resource smoothing, in combination with his low threat, means he is easy to fit in to a wide variety of deck types. It is also easy to boost his defense with the in-sphere Dunedain Warning, or obviously with Gondorian Shield if you have tactics. The fact that he is a perfect hero for Steward of Gondor is also a thematic win.

Rod of the Steward could be a good card - and card draw is something that leadership Gondor really needed - but it seems expensive. I'd probably be more impressed if this had come out before Elven Light.

In Service to the Steward is a great card when you want to use Gondorian Shield on a non Gondor hero and your playing multiplayer and someone else had the Steward.

Wouldn't Dunedain Warning + Gondorian shield provide the same benefit as In Service to the Steward + Gondorian shield? Only better, because you can attach multiple copies of Dunedain Warning and even move them around.

2 neutral cards and one Tactics card makes me sad, but it seems like a pretty good Tactics card, especially with the Beorn ally... Swing back for 8 damage if you trigger his ability first. Boromir, Knight of Minas Tirith, Veteran of Isgiliath, and Veteran of Nanduhirion can all attack for 4 with their factions' respective buffs. Sadly, all of these allies are expensive, and any affordable allies swing for 2 or less... Though Silvan could make it work because they have the attack boost first turn, plus they cost one less, plus they like to leave play...

Last Stand goes by printed attack, sadly, so none of these bonuses matter.

Wouldn't Dunedain Warning + Gondorian shield provide the same benefit as In Service to the Steward + Gondorian shield? Only better, because you can attach multiple copies of Dunedain Warning and even move them around.

They're just different cards.  In Service to the Steward of course lets you benefit from Visionary Leadership, the Boromir hero (this can go on allies), and For Gondor!  So yeah you could achieve the same defensive bonus with a different 2-card combo on a non-Gondor character, but if you're building a Gondor deck (which, often enough for me, contains non-Gondor heroes and allies), there's some reason to choose this card.