Cubanboy

I think Armada New ships will be told on May 4

I still don't think there are any other ships coming in Wave 3. I could definitely see them previewing the flotillas in more detail, though. They did say to "stayed tuned" for more Armada news in the near future when they release the new free-for-all scenario.

Look, after they have totally emptied my wallet with Armada Wave 2, X wing wave 8, Rebellion, Game of Thrones Trivia, and other fun stuff........

I can only hope that Flotillias are it for Wave 3.  My wallet needs a break!

I don't.  I want my Flotillas and people to be nice to each other...

I mean...

World Peace.

Yeah.  That's what people are supposed to want, right?

If we get world peace, then Star WARS goes away.

Exactly. Perfect logic.

We'll have advanced to Star Trek.

:D

I still don't think there are any other ships coming in Wave 3. I could definitely see them previewing the flotillas in more detail, though. They did say to "stayed tuned" for more Armada news in the near future when they release the new free-for-all scenario.

I think its more of a wave 3.5 / wave 4 :-)

Well with regards to Shapeways and 3D printers. A lot of the ideal ships that FFG could make are now gone. But I still like the ship designs that are being made though by both parties. That is what will keep this game going.

Well with regards to Shapeways and 3D printers. A lot of the ideal ships that FFG could make are now gone. But I still like the ship designs that are being made though by both parties. That is what will keep this game going.

Eh, Shapeways isn't closing off ideas to FFG. Shapeways has many different options for people to 3D print Gozantis and GR-75s, and that hasn't gotten in the way. FFG still can (and, someday, still will) make Lambda shuttles, Ghost, Liberty types, and Interdictors. It'll happen in some wave down the road.

I still reckon Wave 3 was supposed to include the Liberty and the Interdictor, but with the production issues they have decided to announce what they think they can deliver in a reasonable timeframe.  They can't really win. Trying to balance the fan rage of the Wave 2 delay vs the fan rage of the Wave 3 no announcement at all vs the fan rage of wave 3 only being two ships!

Lucky for them our community is so full of well balanced rational people!

If Wave 3 truely is just the flotillas I'll be very annoyed. Armada is a game where the primary focus is fleets of capital ships fighting. The fighter squadrons and subcapital ship flotillas are there to support the capital ships. You can make a fleet of nothing but capital ships you can't make a fleet of nothing but squadrons and flotillas. If you wanted to you could build a fleet using nothing but wave 1 packs or wave 2 packs you can't do that with the announced ships for wave 3 because none of them are capital ships. It will be the equilivant of an X-Wing wave with no fighters.

Well, get annoyed then.  The last article states in plain English that this is the entire wave (the first preview article also stated that "this was it" in plain English but some ignored it).  And flotillas count as ships, not squadrons, so yes, you can do a fleet of just flotillas.  I just wouldn't recommend making an all GR-75 transport fleet.

If Wave 3 truely is just the flotillas I'll be very annoyed. Armada is a game where the primary focus is fleets of capital ships fighting. The fighter squadrons and subcapital ship flotillas are there to support the capital ships. You can make a fleet of nothing but capital ships you can't make a fleet of nothing but squadrons and flotillas. If you wanted to you could build a fleet using nothing but wave 1 packs or wave 2 packs you can't do that with the announced ships for wave 3 because none of them are capital ships. It will be the equilivant of an X-Wing wave with no fighters.

really don't think you read the information that was provided to you in those articles...  At all...

1) Flotillas are Ships for all intents, purposes and Rules, bar one exception..  And that Exception will only come up with a Collision.  So.  Yes.  They are Ships.

2) It has been said in all 3 articles on the matter now, that Wave 3 is just these 2 Flotillas.  So, yes, that's it.  Done.  Wave 3.  Due to them having a unique upgrade card, this completely shifts the meta...  If you want to compare releases, this is more akin (bear with me) to the Most Wanted Release in X-Wing...  Its providing something small that allows you do something completely different with your current fleet...  (For X-Wing, it is Scum, for us, it is Fleet Support).

So, yes.  I'm sorry you're disappointed that Wave 3 is only two things and it makes you Angry.

But that's no excuse for not reading.  

If you're going to be Angry, at least be Angry about the right things.

Like how I'm a condescending **** in this post.  :D