Sign in to follow this  
sf1raptor

Workable Uglies: Please don't vaporize me!

I know it's been brought up before, but I'm not goin' to say every one of them should be add. With that said I'm only focusing on the Y-TIE and the Chir'daki. So let's start with the Y-TIE.

Stats: 2,1,3,2

Action Bar: TL, Focus

Upgrade Slots: Salvage Mech, Torpedo, Turret, Title, Mod

Ok. You think it's pretty standard so far, but here's where it gets interesting.

Pilot card action (on all pilots of this ship): Haphazard: The first damage card received each round is face is face up.

This makes flying a Y-TIE a gamble, but two upgrades for this ship could make them worth it.

L-s1 Laser Cannon TurretRange 1-3

You cannot fire outside your firing arc. You may add 2 to your primary attack. 

Haphazard: After using this turrets ability, roll one attack die. On a (hit) or (critical) result, discard this card.

Engineered (modification):

You may ignore the Haphazard effect of either your ship card, or an upgrade card.

So, basically, the turret lets you add 2 to your attack role, but you may not always use it since you could lose the advantage every time you fire. Engineered then gives you two options, keep your extra firepower, or avoid face up damage. Both these cards would be pretty pricey, so a Y-TIE may end up as a low cost filler.

Then there's the Chir'daki, or Death Seed. Unlike pretty much all other uglies, the Chir'daki was built like a production line craft. They had X-wing firepower with TIE agility and even had a hyperdrive.

Stats: 3,3,3,2

Action Bar: Focus, Evade, Barrel Roll

Upgrade Bar: Title, Mod

Yeah, I really don't have anything else to add to this one. So what do y'all think?

1 agi with 5HP is gonna have to be cheap, because it dies incredibly easily.

That's the point. It is literally junk thrown together out of lack of anything better, with the exception of the Death Seeds.

Primary issue, Y-TIE has no engine. 

Y-TIEs use the TIE fighter's engine, but they were by no means fast, or agile.

TIE engines are in the pods and Y engines are the nacelles but I suppose they could transplant TIE engines onto the butts of the Y chassis.

Primary issue, Y-TIE has no engine. 

Y-TIEs use the TIE fighter's engine, but they were by no means fast, or agile.

TIE engines are in the pods and Y engines are the nacelles but I suppose they could transplant TIE engines onto the butts of the Y chassis.

Well, the Y-TIE seems to lack a bomb bay from looking at the wookiepeda article for the Y-wing and Y-TIE, so the TIE engines may have something to do with that.

The Uglies seem like an idea a comic book writer comes up with when he has exhausted all of his good ideas.

I mean, we're talking about spacecraft here. Not exactly the sort of thing you want to cobble together out of leftover parts, let alone mixing and matching them and hoping for the best.

die-wings. The maneuverability of a Ywing with all the durability of a TIE fighter. Yeah, classic EU cheap fighter for scum. I'm not opposed to seeing these but they had better be as questionable as the noted fiction made them out to be. No aces.

They should have aces, just ones that makde thier ship somehow, Force Willing, work for them, or that they trained on another fighter and then got shafted on getting transferred or forced to use these things.

Or maybe just really bad aces.

One upside to these things is theyd be cheap, maybe not Z-95 cheap (or not all of them) but they'd be cheap. And some might even be quite interesting and threatening. A turret with Ywing durability, but slightly cheaper and les maneuverable than even a Ywing.

Edited by knavelead

See, if some pirate group has some ace pilot on their roster, the ace gets the best ship. An ugly will never be described as the best ship. And if that's all you got to fly... The ace likely takes that old freighter that's been quietly modified in the backlot.