Sign in to follow this  
Corellian Corvette

FFG was Ruthless with their Defender Fix!

Now, would you measure range 1 for ruthlessness before or after they are moved from the tractor beam?

if a ship equipped with Ruthlessness uses Tractor Beam to attack an enemy small ship and hits, that ship must first boost or barrel roll the enemy ship, then trigger Ruthlessness. (FAQ v.4.1.1, 3/15/2016)

There is a faq for that, so no need to guess for me wrongly.

Edited by SEApocalypse

Now, would you measure range 1 for ruthlessness before or after they are moved from the tractor beam?

That's a good question

I'd think it happens before you barrel roll the ship

Since it happens right after the attack.

Would like to try out out, but I ruthlessness can be a double edge sword.

The smaller the squad your against the less likely you are to hit

Great against swarms

Edit

Guess I stand corrected

Ninjad

Edited by Krynn007

Ruthlessness is good if you have fewer ships in the list, which happens in a defender list anyway. Tractor beam can totally shove a ship into range one of other ships, as well as ditching it on a rock or setting it up to block its own friendly ships the next round of all sorts of shenanigans. Imp Vets is a gift that brings life to all sorts of forgotten cards.

if a ship equipped with Ruthlessness uses Tractor Beam to attack an enemy small ship and hits, that ship must first boost or barrel roll the enemy ship, then trigger Ruthlessness. (FAQ v.4.1.1, 3/15/2016)

So pick a ship next to soontir tractor beam that ship over and then give soontir 2 damage.

Ooh that is nasty.

So this can't hit your Ships?

Or it can't hit the ship your attacking with?

You can hit other friendly ships if there are not any other ships within range 1. it is sort of like being overzellous with the trigger finger. 

But with tractor beam you could easily move a ship away from a friendly ship so it is no longer in range one and into range one of another enemy ship.

Edited by Marinealver

So pick a ship next to soontir tractor beam that ship over and then give soontir 2 damage.

Ooh that is nasty.

But it costs 3 points and takes up your EPT slot.

But if you have 2 elite generics for 40 points a pop, that could be potentially 4 damage a turn!

You dropped this:

swx41_tractor-beam.png

Ohhh so you want to shoot at Ten Numb do you? Well Ten will just drag Soontir over here to keep him company.

Silly sullustan, your uncancellable crit works better on Fel's hull than a regular hit from friendly fire.

You dropped this:

swx41_tractor-beam.png

Ohhh so you want to shoot at Ten Numb do you? Well Ten will just drag Soontir over here to keep him company.

Silly sullustan, your uncancellable crit works better on Fel's hull than a regular hit from friendly fire.

Not if I dump him on an asteroid... :P

Also, on the typical Fel he is now down to 2 evade dice and probably that much closer to a rebel gunline...

Edited by Lampyridae