Sign in to follow this  
Wiredin

Ethan A'Baht... can he be viable?

Etahn is one of the best pilots for the rebellion, his ability is fantastic.

Also, why not keep mangler on ten, with calculation or marksmanship to top of that.

I have never tried to force 3 crits through before, might be worth some lols.

Edited by Corellian Corvette

Etahn is one of the best pilots for the rebellion, his ability is fantastic.

Also, why not keep mangler on ten, with calculation or marksmanship to top of that.

I have never tried to force 3 crits through before, might be worth some lols.

Ten only pushes 1 crit through, the others can be evaded

Honestly? People are over thinking this:

Etahn A'baht (32)

Juke (2)

Sensor Jammer (4)

Poe Dameron (31)

Predator (3)

R5-P9 (3)

Autothrusters (2)

Ezra Bridger (20)

Push the Limit (3)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Etahn may be the first pilot to get the Juke/Sensor Jammer combo in a way that doesn't suck. Even Soontir is going to burn his token stack trying to get past this combo. That's _nice_

His ability works to a theoretical Range 5, so he doesn't have to be super close to his squadmates.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Etahn is actually points efficient- if we could get him surrounded by enough 3 die attacks. The trick with him is to build him like a tank and not like Corran.

Honestly? People are over thinking this:Etahn A'baht (32)Juke (2)Sensor Jammer (4)Poe Dameron (31)Predator (3)R5-P9 (3)Autothrusters (2)Ezra Bridger (20)Push the Limit (3)Total: 100View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Etahn may be the first pilot to get the Juke/Sensor Jammer combo in a way that doesn't suck. Even Soontir is going to burn his token stack trying to get past this combo. That's _nice_

His ability works to a theoretical Range 5, so he doesn't have to be super close to his squadmates.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Etahn is actually points efficient- if we could get him surrounded by enough 3 die attacks. The trick with him is to build him like a tank and not like Corran.

That build is quite interesting. I like it.

39 points - Etahn, PTL, Advanced Sensors, R2 astromech

Almost all turns you are guaranteed two actions and your PTL stress is cleared for next round.

I compare that ship with...

39 points - Guri, Lone Wolf, Sensor Jammer, auto-thrusters

Both these ships are good, but I wish they were just a bit more viable.

Please do not support regen E-wings, they kill happy fun times and are dishonorable.

Ten Numb (31)

Adaptability (0)
Enhanced Scopes (1)

No mangler cannon!!!!?!?!?  HERESY!

On a more serious note, I think A'bhat is much better in Epic than in standard play.  He just works really well with a large group of ships backing him up.  

I think I'd rather just put a Mangler on my Ten, if all I was after was maximizing his ability.

I suppose it gives you room to put a highly accurate ion or tractor beam on him, but there's not many points left there for support.

Edited by AlexW

You want Ethan with a swarm to make the most of his ability. Sure Ten could work so that he can get crits but there is already a dozen of ways for a Ten to get crits internally such as mangler cannon and calculation. Also that is 2 aces and the points spent on bring up two ships to aces does take an entire ship paying up to 12-14 more points on unique pilots.

Again you would want an Ethan mini swarm in order to make it work.

I think a slight problem is you're paying for a ship whose main purpose is to let your other ships crit, but it takes 1/3 of your squad: if you pair him with a mini swarm by the time you chew through shields one of your ships is likely gone, and if you pair him with aces his ability just doesn't seem to do a lot. sure it works better against ships with no shields, so I think it may be good against certain lists

Edited by XBear

I had some success running Etahn, Biggs, and two Rookies. Biggs with R2D6 and IA. no upgrades on anyone else. Was able to kill me some phantoms. but soontir got the best of me.... he always does.

And Ten Numb owns Soontir. That's what he's for. I had a lot of fun (and success) with this build.

B-Wing: · Ten Numb (31)

Veteran Instincts (1)

"Mangler" Cannon (4)

Fire Control System (2)

E-Wing: · Etahn A'baht (32)

· R2-D2 (4)

Z-95 Headhunter: Tala Squadron Pilot (13)

Z-95 Headhunter: Tala Squadron Pilot (13)

-- TOTAL ------- 100/100p. --

Etahn and the Zeds start off in a V formation and Ten would be off at range 2-3 from them. Your opponent has to decide which target to focus on and then you decide how to react with your Zeds (goto flank, block, focus fire). Its big weakness was Chewbo lists and I have shelved it since TLTs came out. But now with guidance chips and crew Ezra out, I might dust off Ten and Etahn for some casual play.

To answer the OP's question. Yes it is viable FOR FUN.

And by theoretical range 5, you mean range 1-3 inside his firing arc like his pilot ablity quotes.

If the target is within range 1-3 of Etahn in his firing arc and is at range 5 of the corvette it would apply.