Sign in to follow this  
VaynMaanen

Outline Of All Current Timing Windows

"Declare target" isn't defined correctly here.  You can measure to all enemy ships, including ones which are not legal targets because they're out of arc on a ship without out of arc firing.  Usually makes little difference, but in some cases it can be really important (is the enemy in range one when flying Turr, for instance).

You also forgot 'end of round: roll to see if your illicit cloaking device breaks'.

In the compare results I would add in a modify results step because there may be more cards that have the same timing as crackshot.

Sure right now only crackshot modifies results but there could easily be more.

I edited the section to include all abilities that "cancel results" or "add results" unless otherwise specified (For example, Accuracy corrector adds results, but was errata'd to say "in the Modify Attack Dice step").

Thanks!

"Declare target" isn't defined correctly here.  You can measure to all enemy ships, including ones which are not legal targets because they're out of arc on a ship without out of arc firing.  Usually makes little difference, but in some cases it can be really important (is the enemy in range one when flying Turr, for instance).

You also forgot 'end of round: roll to see if your illicit cloaking device breaks'.

I reworded the declare target step, and added End of Round effects.

Thanks!

Brilliant work. If you intend to include all triggers/events then 4-Lom (pilot) goes at the start of the end phase.

My intent was not to include ALL abilities that trigger in each window, but to identify the language. If one ability says "At the start of the end phase", then ALL cards that say "At the start of the end phase" resolve in the same window.

Real specific question. When using Latts Razzi, if I miss my first shot, use Bossk (crew) to get a target lock, and then use Gunner for a second attack, would I be able to use her pilot ability at that point? Basically, is Gunner letting you "declare" your target again?

Yes, gunner does have a separate declare target step, and you could potentially use Latts' ability on it too.  You don't even have to shoot the same target the second time with Gunner (and in some cases, you might not be able to if you were firing a turret upgrade or hot shot blaster and you had to make a primary attack with Gunner).

Cleaned up and named some of the steps for quicker reference. Also here is a PDF version:

https://drive.google...M09OQmQ1Z25POVU

Sweet !  I was just in the beginning stages of creating a PDF for this, when I logged in to make sure I had all of the latest changes.  Then, just as a major bonus, I see you did the work for me.  Nice.  Very Nice.

Hey everyone!

Building on from what VaynMaanen did, I took his timing break down and created a flow chart from it so you can process through it. You can download the PDF of it here.

X-Wing Miniatures Timing Chart

Edit: Updated link to corrected Timing Chart. Current version 1.45

Edited by Kyla

Hey everyone!

Building on from what VaynMaanen did, I took his timing break down and created a flow chart from it so you can process through it. You can download the PDF of it here.

You're note about Modifying attack dice on the "immediately" resolution during combat is not correct. Eg, if you shoot an HLC at Omega Leader, who is locked on the attacker, they cannot immediately turn the crits to hits, because changing a result is considered modifying your attack dice, even if it is outside of the Modify Dice step of the combat rolls.

Hey everyone!

You're note about Modifying attack dice on the "immediately" resolution during combat is not correct. Eg, if you shoot an HLC at Omega Leader, who is locked on the attacker, they cannot immediately turn the crits to hits, because changing a result is considered modifying your attack dice, even if it is outside of the Modify Dice step of the combat rolls.

Edit: Good catch. Basically reiterated what you said.

Edited by VaynMaanen

Hey everyone!

I see the note now, missed that the first time. You are correct. That note should be removed

Two requests (and I apologize if I missed them if they are already there - I just don't see them in the expected places):

1. Describe the nested actions/stress assignments when you have things like PTL and Experimental Interface working together. When are stress tokens assigned? This has always seemed nebulous to me.

2. When referring to removal of Ion tokens, explicitly note the confusing cases involved in Conner Nets that are deployed overlapping a not-yet-activated ship. What are the conditions that must be met for the tokens to be removed? I always have to go hunting for the email ruling on that issue, which still seems to be an incomplete explanation of all possible scenarios.

Thanks for this handy resource!

One suggestion.

Assuming that this will be a "living" document -

It is your intention to make modifications based on user suggestions, as well as to add new interactions that may occur in the future

I suggest that you add a version number to the top of both documents so that we can know that we have the "latest and greatest".

Thanks for your efforts.  They are appreciated.

Edited by any2cards

This is a great resource. Thank you for pulling it together.

Can I query section 2, d and f in respect of Conner nets. Reading the order as presented, anyone running over a Conner net as part of their maneuver would receive damage and ion tokens at step 2d, but lose the ion tokens at step 2f. So the ion effect would never impact these ships? It doesn't seem correct, and is not how I have played it.

Can you check and clarify.

Thanks

Two requests (and I apologize if I missed them if they are already there - I just don't see them in the expected places):

1. Describe the nested actions/stress assignments when you have things like PTL and Experimental Interface working together. When are stress tokens assigned? This has always seemed nebulous to me.

2. When referring to removal of Ion tokens, explicitly note the confusing cases involved in Conner Nets that are deployed overlapping a not-yet-activated ship. What are the conditions that must be met for the tokens to be removed? I always have to go hunting for the email ruling on that issue, which still seems to be an incomplete explanation of all possible scenarios.

Thanks for this handy resource!

1. That one might be hard to explain within the scope of the document, I'll see if I can include it. In short, here's how I have always explained it:

Perform action

Trigger EI, which opens a new sequence

Perform free action from EI

Trigger PTL, which opens a new sequence

Perform free action from PTL

Resolve PTL stress

Resolve EI stress

End Perform action step

2. The special case of the immediate detonation of Conner Nets is also out of the scope of the document, since this mostly explains order of operations when the net is overlapped during a maneuver. The other two cases should be left to the FAQ to explain. What I will update is the wording in the Ion token removal to be specific to only after a ship has performed an ionized maneuver (this was the intention of "if applicable")

Thank you for your comments!