Sign in to follow this  
Fuego Estelar

Hey guys I´ve find this in the wookiepedia...

Is this the transport thing we see in TFA?

It's the basis for it, but not the actual thing.

I have to say I'm going to be kind of disappointed if the whole of the new trilogy has only redesigned original trilogy space ships in it rather than anything new.

This is an unfortunate concern of mine, too.  In those pics we got last week, there was an "Episode 8 A-wing."  Will be sad if most or all of the ships are updated versions of previous OT ships.

I have to say I'm going to be kind of disappointed if the whole of the new trilogy has only redesigned original trilogy space ships in it rather than anything new.

This is an unfortunate concern of mine, too.  In those pics we got last week, there was an "Episode 8 A-wing."  Will be sad if most or all of the ships are updated versions of previous OT ships.

Yeah, that's what makes me worried.

Both as a film viewer and star wars fan, and as a player of x-wing.  Because there's only so much design space for retrodden designs.

It's really disappointing when you look at the concept art for the TIEs/f which looks amazing, like a mean cross between an interceptor and an advanced.  But they just went with 'generic TIE with a window in the back and some extra battery packs'.

:(

Both as a film viewer and star wars fan, and as a player of x-wing.  Because there's only so much design space for retrodden designs.

It's really disappointing when you look at the concept art for the TIEs/f which looks amazing, like a mean cross between an interceptor and an advanced.  But they just went with 'generic TIE with a window in the back and some extra battery packs'.

*looks at no one complain about the progression of the z-95 to the x-wing*

Huh.

Huh.

They at least look a bit different from one another and have clearly different profiles at least in some directions.

The T70 and T65 are very similar, and don't even get me started on the l/n versus the f/o.

(not to mention that the z95 wasn't actually in the movie, and does kind of look like it might have been a precursor to the t65 originally)

Edited by thespaceinvader

This is an unfortunate concern of mine, too. In those pics we got last week, there was an "Episode 8 A-wing." Will be sad if most or all of the ships are updated versions of previous OT ships.

Both as a film viewer and star wars fan, and as a player of x-wing. Because there's only so much design space for retrodden designs.

It's really disappointing when you look at the concept art for the TIEs/f which looks amazing, like a mean cross between an interceptor and an advanced. But they just went with 'generic TIE with a window in the back and some extra battery packs'.

Huh.

Because the development Z-95 -> T-65 -> E-Wing gave new designs without loosing the destinguishing features of the ships. Edited by RougeLeader

Z-95s differ greatly among their own models, seeing that the mark 1 was an atmospheric fighter that could be adapted to space use with later add on kits.

Don't forget he T-70 is not the latest X-wing, T-85s are used by the New Republic, and I assume the B-wing mk 2s were retired like the T-70s in favor of a mk 3

Well, what else should you expect from a movie that is a redesign of the old movie. :D

Rey, I am your father?!

This is an unfortunate concern of mine, too. In those pics we got last week, there was an "Episode 8 A-wing." Will be sad if most or all of the ships are updated versions of previous OT ships.

Both as a film viewer and star wars fan, and as a player of x-wing. Because there's only so much design space for retrodden designs.

It's really disappointing when you look at the concept art for the TIEs/f which looks amazing, like a mean cross between an interceptor and an advanced. But they just went with 'generic TIE with a window in the back and some extra battery packs'.

Huh.

Because the development Z-95 -> T-65 -> E-Wing gave new designs without loosing the destinguishing features of the ships.

I'll fancy upgraded versions of proven weapons platforms any day over new designs like the E-Wing.

I mean seriously, a cannon on top of the canopy? Rocket pods for engines? That thing looks dangerous and poorly made, like some little kid made it.

Edited by Casanova Frankenstein

What is that ... some kind of troop transport/dropship (again)?

EDIT: Actually, yeah that's exactly what it is. You can see an open area for troops in the belly of the ship in the background. Four engines like a giant X-wing. It's cool looking. But it's still a dropship.

Edited by PaulTiberius

I don't know what it is, its from the Rogue One teaser some time back. I like the look of it, it could be something more than a troop transport, could still have fighter capablities! Else I say bring on the First Order/ Resistance/ Rogue One Transporters :)

Seriously WTF new trilogy?!

What's was wrong with these awesome new designs?  C-Wing, U-Wing, V-Wing?  Those all look cool as ****!  Use them and stop rehashing the old ****!

Looks like a ship that needs a white 0 maneuver to me.

I don't know why every ship doesn't have a white 0.  You're in space, why can't you stop?

Edited by DarthEnderX

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/new-star-wars-force-awakens-concept-art-c-u-v-x-wings

I'd love for this TFA Xwing concept art to become the T-85.

I also was upset that the mssion to take down the Starkiller Base was literally a bombing attack and the Resistance had NO bombers! This was a missed opportunity by JJ and the cgi/design group to introduce something different that they even thought about introducing (the other two, or something else entirely).

Hahah, DarthenderX I think we were on the same idea, I just missed your post until now.

Edited by knavelead

Y'all are talking about the B-Wing Mk II but not this?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/BTS-A2_Long-Range_Strike_Fighter/Bomber?utm_source=wikia&utm_campaign=recirc&utm_placement=incontent&utm_content=2

Sure, I'm an EU/Legends noob, but the H-Wing is news to me and is getting me thinking.

You mean this?

F82_twin_mustang.jpg