Sign in to follow this  
J Viz

Poe or Red Ace?

I'm currently looking at a list with:

Ello Asty (33) - T-70 X-Wing

Veteran Instincts (1), Autothrusters (2)

Jake Farrell (28) - A-Wing

Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Autothrusters (2), Veteran Instincts (1)

But can't decide between:

"Red Ace" (38) - T-70 X-Wing

R2-D2 (4), Comm Relay (3), Autothrusters (2)

Or

Poe Dameron (38) - T-70 X-Wing

Veteran Instincts (1), R2-D2 (4), Autothrusters (2)

In the past I've find that Poe can get focused down really quickly and adding him makes it a real ace hunter list. Red Ace would be more of a tank with Poe and Jake flanking and should survive a lot longer.

Any thoughts?

My experience mirrors yours. Poe hits harder but Red Ace is a monster to shift, especially late-game. I have only lost Red Ace once in a game (when I accidentally flew her off the table :P) so it really depends on whether you want an Ace or a tank.

I would trim a point off Poe though and swap R2-D2 for R5-P9. I find it works just as well (if not better) on Poe as you are then not tied to Greens to regen. Not quite sure what you would spend the extra point on though.

My experience mirrors yours. Poe hits harder but Red Ace is a monster to shift, especially late-game. I have only lost Red Ace once in a game (when I accidentally flew her off the table :P) so it really depends on whether you want an Ace or a tank.

I would trim a point off Poe though and swap R2-D2 for R5-P9. I find it works just as well (if not better) on Poe as you are then not tied to Greens to regen. Not quite sure what you would spend the extra point on though.

I would swap it to an R2 Astromech for Ello Asty!

I say Poe, if oppoenent can remove Poe, he probably can remove Red Ace too, evade is nice, but if it is focused, will go down. Poe late game is better that Red Ace in my opinion.

I've not got R5-P9, if I did would probably try it out instead. Seems the consensus is for Poe. I think I just need to be more careful of leaving him in positions where he may get in trouble.

I would go with Poe 10/10 times. I had a nasty habit of getting him killed early as well, so now I just exercise a little more patience when flying him.Red Ace could get focused down just as much with ordnance and crack shot out there.

Save 1 point on Ello's autothrusters and stick integrated astromech on him with an R2 astromech. I'd also save 2 points on Poe and do the same. Then you've got 3 points to swap VI and give Ello predator and save a point for initiative bid.

Edited by BlodVargarna

This is a tough choice for me as well, it really comes down to how much extra offense do you need vs a more reliable tank. With this 3 ship list, I would probably opt for Poe. I would also consider dropping Poe to PS9 with Adaptability, then you can move them in any order. Use that point for R5-X3 on Ello, makes him a little more unpredictable around obstacles.