Sign in to follow this  
Velvetelvis

TLT Y-Wings. Gone or greatly reduced? How prevalent at regionals?

Folks that have done their regionals already.... Did you notice if the Y-wing easy mode squads are actually dieing out? 

Have they been adjusted to say.....2 tlt ships plus other things?

Are they as common as hipsters in a coffee house?

We talk about the tlt list going away around here, but what are the `man on the ground` observations. Is it gone?

Pretty much gone is my impression, but then Thug Life never really saw THAT much play at high levels in the first place.

You don't see 4 TLT lists but I see TLT Y's a lot still.  I'm running 2 in a list.  What I have seen drop off is Stress hog.  Everyone has their answer to deal with it now and I have not seen any.

I'd agree, but I'm surprised.  The Gray Squad Stresshog should be an excellent answer to u-boats, a double stressed u boat will die before it gets its second shot off.

Putting all the same of one thing in a list maximizes it's strength, but it also maximizes it's weaknesses, too.  It becomes more rock/paper/scissors.  Great vs. some things, but terrible vs. others.  

Balanced lists are better all arounders and can deal with more types of lists.  Maybe people are starting to get that?

Triple U-boats will be a thing for a bit, but how much you bet it will start turning into one or two in a list of other things soon enough?  At least on the higher tables, I bet.  

Virtually extinct.

R7vXm5E.png

The decline in PS2 is Y-Wings dropping out, most of the PS2 stuff left in is now Omicron Group Pilot.  There's also a sharp decline in Miranda at PS8, which is masked on this graph by Inquisitor moving into that bracket.

(store champs data is a sample only)

Edited by Stay On The Leader

Virtually extinct.

R7vXm5E.png

The decline in PS2 is Y-Wings dropping out, most of the PS2 stuff left in is now Omicron Group Pilot.  There's also a sharp decline in Miranda at PS8.

Big stacks of extra 8s, 3s and 4s.  3s is obvious, 4s is black cracks, I guess 8s is Inquisitors and OLs?

It's the 5s and 7s I can't work out... VCXs maybe.

Edited by thespaceinvader

Big stacks of extra 8s, 3s and 4s.  3s is obvious, 4s is black cracks, I guess 8s is Inquisitors and OLs?

Poe is another popular PS8. Rebel Regen was the new hotness before U-boats dropped.

I've seen Poe a lot more at 10, which is why I didn't mention him.

(this chart now becomes a lot more difficult to work out due to Adaptability.  Do you put the base PS or the adjusted PS?  How do you track the latter if you use it?)

Interesting that the folks at Regionals are pushing the low-PS game into 3s and 4s, while Store Champs still seem stuck on 2s. SC's are also far more interested in the PS10-11 game, while Regionals are finding PS8 works very well for them thank-you-very-much.

Edited by ObiWonka

Virtually extinct.

R7vXm5E.png

The decline in PS2 is Y-Wings dropping out, most of the PS2 stuff left in is now Omicron Group Pilot.  There's also a sharp decline in Miranda at PS8.

Kanan, Biggs, Chewbacca, and Dash come to mind. 

Edited by Vedrial

Virtually extinct.

R7vXm5E.png

Kanan, Biggs, Chewbacca, and Dash come to mind. 

Chewie and Dash were already there though, it's the new ones I can't figure, but Kanan and Biggs and Hera and Sabine seem likely.

Interesting that the folks at Regionals are pushing the low-PS game into 3s and 4s, while Store Champs still seem stuck on 2s. SC's are also far more interested in the PS10-11 game, while Regionals are finding PS8 works very well for them thank-you-very-much.

TLT Y-wings were PS 2.

U-boats are PS 3.

Things that beat U-boats are PS 4.  

Not so hard to see once you look at it that way.

Poe is another popular PS8. Rebel Regen was the new hotness before U-boats dropped.

(this chart now becomes a lot more difficult to work out due to Adaptability.  Do you put the base PS or the adjusted PS?  How do you track the latter if you use it?)

I assume +1 for Adapt - I'm using adjusted PS (which is why there's 10 & 11 on my scale!).  One of the most interesting things from the early regional results is that the PS war is basically over.

Store Champs 16% of non-Phantom ships took VI, Regionals it's 4%.

TLT Y-wings were PS 2.

U-boats are PS 3.

Pretty much everything at PS4 is either Crack Shot, Wampa, or Yorr.

PS5 uplift = Kanan & Palob, primarily.

PS7 uplift is a mixture.  Mithel and Scourge in Swarms, Zuckuss, Tel, Dash... 

Edited by Stay On The Leader

I assume +1 for Adapt - I'm using adjusted PS (which is why there's 10 & 11 on my scale!).  One of the most interesting things from the early regional results is that the PS war is basically over.

I wouldn't, it's not always a good assumption.  For instance, I play Adaptability on Vader with two PS8s,, so that I can put him at 10 if there's a 9 or a 10 and they have init, but otherwise can put him down to 8 so movement is easier and he can shoot last and land those autocrits on hull.

I wouldn't, it's not always a good assumption.  For instance, I play Adaptability on Vader with two PS8s,, so that I can put him at 10 if there's a 9 or a 10 and they have init, but otherwise can put him down to 8 so movement is easier and he can shoot last and land those autocrits on hull.

Well I have to make an assumption one way or another, and like you said yourself when it matters you make him a 10!

TLT Y-wings were PS 2.

U-boats are PS 3.

Oh I understand that. My observation was that folks playing at SC's don't seem to notice as much, but it's definitely influencing Regionals.

The last SC I played for the season was right after wave 8 dropped. I faced one PS 2 stresshog. My Gamma Sqds. blew it up before it even had a chance to fire. I knew then that the PS 2 Stresshog was pretty much dead. Even the PS 4 version has limited utility. Sure you can double stress a Scout, but he's still getting a torp off. More than likely two is all he'll need to blow the Y up. Then he's just got to fly that one away to clear stress or just send it in to block. A scout isn't like Soontir or other aces. Its not in a huge amount of trouble with two stress.

I for one am glad. Facing a stresshog or TLT heavy lists are not fun.

Edited by Jo Jo