Sign in to follow this  
alboy

Pluses during combat

You gain the best bonus from one item. So if a card gives you +1 strength and +1 observation, and another gives you +2 strength, you'd gain +2 strength and +1 observation. Also, to the best of my knowledge, you can only gain the bonus from a single card type. So if you have a +1 strength item, a +1 strength glamour and a +1 strength improvement token you'd gain +3 strength.

So if you have a +1 strength item, a +1 strength glamour and a +1 strength improvement token you'd gain +3 strength.

This is completely wrong.

Okay, would you care to explain how? Not saying I'm right, but how are people supposed to learn if they're only told "you're wrong"

Rules Reference, Page 11, "TESTS" 4th bullet:

"He may use one effect that provides a bonus (for example “Gain

+3 [WILL]”). If multiple effects provide a bonus, he uses only the
highest bonus."

This does not state that this is per card type, only that in the case of multiple bonuses that the highest, regardless of source, applies.

Rules Reference, Page 11, "TESTS" 4th bullet:

"He may use one effect that provides a bonus (for example “Gain

+3 [WILL]”). If multiple effects provide a bonus, he uses only the
highest bonus."

This does not state that this is per card type, only that in the case of multiple bonuses that the highest, regardless of source, applies.

Ahh yes of course. See the completely wrong remark made me question improvement tokens, and I guess I thought of things like the glamour spells to be an improvement token (seeing as you don't cast them, they just give you a +1 to all skills).

Ahh yes of course. See the completely wrong remark made me question improvement tokens, and I guess I thought of things like the glamour spells to be an improvement token (seeing as you don't cast them, they just give you a +1 to all skills).

Improvement tokens add to ones base skill value and ate not considered a "bonus" in the same sense as items...etc.

I hope this helps.