Sign in to follow this  
The_Brown_Bomber

If you could ban one card and make one card unique...

In terms of what to ban, I will echo the several posts above me about VI, though having said that some ships

Would most certainly never get played, Whisper and Echo most certainly would be in the same camp as pre-veterans Defenders were it not for VI.

As for what should be unique, I don’t feel that there is anything that is used in multiples that is significantly bad for the meta.

Other than Generic Pilots, which by their nature are generic and you should be able to have multiples, Crackshot and Deadeye are the only upgrades that see consistent multiple uses within squads.

Making Deadeye unique would kill 2 birds with 1 stone I suspect, and Crackshot I find is typically worse the less of them you have, so if you limit it to 1 its playability becomes significantly less viable as your not getting critical mass on the first engagements.

I can't say there's any card I would ban. Even VI isn't bad imo. Sure some combos of pilot x plus upgrade x felt brutal till I figured them out but..

As for making unique? Much the same. Feels like it wouldn't change anything for the better. In fact it would just pronounce any problem that exists more. If card x were made unique wouldn't it be a pilots prerogative to use it in the most busted way possible every time? Say ptl were made unique, good bye any interceptor that isn't soontir, since he's the strongest with it he'd be the only one used then.

Then again my logic could be flawed.

I'm happy with the cards as is.  I'm surprised about the VI hate.  That's one of my favorite cards: I like the PS bid it introduces.  To pay the 1 point tax and sacrafice an EPT or not

The only card I feel might be slightly overpowered is push-the-limit, but I like playing it too much (especially on a-wings), and it's available to all factions.

Nope, I like the cards the way they are.

C3-PO? engine upgrade? Push the Limit? Dead-eye? 

C-3PO: Given the recent nerf to Large ships as far as point values, He does still sees some play, and even on Miranda, and is still annoying to deal with, but given that he is already unique and limited to one ship doesn't make him terribly overpowered. Not really worth a ban.

Engine Upgrade: A Rather expensive modification if I do say so myself, and while the boost action is nice, what are you going to stick it on at this point? With Imperial Veterans around the corner the number of ships that you would bother taking this modification on are becoming smaller by the wave. certainly not a game breaker by any means. And making it unique is a waste when its costs is already high for a modification.

Push the Limit: Fan favorite, but also easily countered. Deny action = No PTL. Making it unique just limits build options, banning it would shake up allot of things, but at the same time allot of pilots that need that EPT to be effective would be pushed out. (Interceptor and A-wing come to mind). Limiting to one just pushes you to take Tycho or Sootnir, and ignore any other option for the higher PS. Also it ends up on allot of arc dodgers, which are hard to kill, but also blow up really easy. PTL on a Falcon is fun until you go to clear the stress.

Dead-Eye: What? People use that EPT? how many waves has it been? Oh right, contracted scout. Currently the new flavor of the month, until a weakness is found, or FFG nerfs it if nothing is done. Certainly not a reason to ban the card. Probably best case for the unique category, but overall, there's not many you would naturally take for it. Nera likes it of course, Jake loves it, but jake also can't have either VI or PTL as a result. Same thing with any of the Bombers. K-wings/Punishers are out entirely. It also centers the build around ordnance, which if you take the jumpmaster out of the equation

almost no one runs it in competitive list. Throw the Jumpmaster back in, and that's about the only place your going to see it. Making it unique only slighly fixes the Jumpmasters, but you'll still get alpha striked by them whether they have deadeyes or not.

I do agree, nothing needs banning/unique.

. Making it unique only slighly fixes the Jumpmasters, but you'll still get alpha striked by them whether they have deadeyes or not.

I do agree, nothing needs banning/unique.

Not true. In the absence of deadeye the scouts can't fire their torpedoes at range three initial contact, which gives you two full turns of fire in which to ps kill one.