Sign in to follow this  
FTS Gecko

HAPPY GAME OF THRONES DAY!

Yeah....I see Maureen going to be as close to the books as it can at this point.  The Masters set up camp around the city.  Danny is back and gets the dragons out.  The Iron Born show up behind the Great Masters.  At this point, they replace Barristan the Bold and his Knights as well as the Second Sons turning cloak are replaced by the massive Mongol Horde.  The Great Masters are crushed and Danny is back.  She just needs the fleet to return to Westeros.  That's probably thrown in via the Iron Born.  

Yea I think they do the army of the dead showing up next week but that's the big cliffhanger

I think Jon finds something in the crypts and Littlefinger fills in some blanks for him.

Cersei is 1000000000% gonna burn some ****

I think arya is at the twins and poisons a ton of freys

And I will subscribe to the dornish and Tyrells meeting with varys, with maybe a Royce thrown in for spice.

Regardless that episode was amazing. Was it predictable? Yea a bit, but man it feels good for the good guys to win for once and justice to be served.

Best episode ever!  

Seriously there were so many scenes that were emotionally amazing, but also so many that were VISUAL powerhouses!  

Jon Snow is the freaking MAN!   It was kinda like in that movie 300, where certain scenes slowed down because it was artistic and like a graphic novel come to life... THAT was going on in last night's episode!  

And I honestly expected Danny to kiss Yara right on the mouth.    That whole exchange was so good!  

Cracking show.

I'll agree that the melee scenes were 'fairly' medieval in that the combat then would be a whirl and  would be confusing on foot as nobody really had 'uniforms' just the odd shield design and 'style' of armour and more impotantly every one is covered in mud, blood and guts....but the cavalry charges were as always 'hollywood nonsense'.

Cavalry doesnt  charge full pelt for hundreds of metres at the enemy or its exhausted by the time it gets there.

Real cavalry 'charges' by trotting to within a closer distance and then gallop for the charge and the impact with the enemy.  The 'heavier' the horse (as in if it were armoured) then the less galloping.

Other than that, which is a bugbear that annoys me almost as much as the hollywood obsession with setting every arrow or trebuchet stone on fire (flaming arrows actually have less penatration than normal steel heads and it damages the intergrity of the arrows shaft, you'd only fire flaming arrows at things you need to set on fire, not other infantry!)   it was possibly the best episode of the season.

My prediction is that the season ends with dynaris/ironborn landing at Dorne to tie up the sandsnakes plot and replace Conningtons 'book' plot landing at dragonstone.

The North is now relatively secure and i can see them somehow beating the lannisters, perhaps with dynaris's troops...

big united seven kingdoms just in time for the dead to come pouring over the walls.

I can see jon on a dragon at some point and possibly tyrion too!

Edited by Gadge

I predict the next episode will be a 'wrap up' to bring all the 'factions' to westeros.

The next season is supposed to be the final one so they need to set it up well.   I can't imagine they will want to do much more than perhaps resolve some of the cersei/sparrow plot

I see cersei becomming 'unstuck' when its revealed her new kings guard is a frankenstein creation (as its alluded to in the books rather than being a purely resurrected 'mountain'), i imagine hes going to defend her, lose his helmet and then she'll be in the scthuk for 'necromancy'

I expected this would be during a 'trial by combat' that he would 'win' but ulitmately 'lose' when they saw what she and qyburn had done but the 'ban' on trial by combat has fushed that theory of mine down the toilet.

Edited by Gadge

Pretty sure the writers said there'd be two more seasons, but that they'd both be shorter - around 6 episodes each rather than 10.

Where had Ramsay been keeping Shaggydog's head? Is there a freezer in Winterfell or something? Considering he had Rickon as hostage before Jon even left the Wall...

Pretty sure the writers said there'd be two more seasons, but that they'd both be shorter - around 6 episodes each rather than 10.

Where had Ramsay been keeping Shaggydog's head? Is there a freezer in Winterfell or something? Considering he had Rickon as hostage before Jon even left the Wall...

Could have just kept the head outside. It would be cold enough. The head still doesn't look big enough though. Looked like a normal wolf head. Prop department messed that one up.

Why didn't Wun Wun have a tree trunk club? That would have been devastating to their shield wall.

Edited by Jo Jo

OMG, like best episode evs

Totally Amazeballs

I have no clever insight or theory's, just blown away by the undiluted entertainment kicking my eyeballs in and dry humping my cerebellum.

I don't even know what any of that S##t means...