Sign in to follow this  
Cfcinhull

Defender Preview??

With us getting the Bombs Away article last Friday;

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/4/15/bombs-away/

is anybody else hopeful of a second spoiler today then next week a change to shipping now??

Maybe with the pennies earned from Wave 8 the boat from china has finally managed a 4pt Engine Upgrade!!!

It's only been on the boat for about 3 weeks, so it's highly unlikely we'll see any movement this week.  And given the distinct lack of remaining unspoiled cards, I'm assuming we won't get more than one more article before release.

My hope is that we get the Defender article next week and it sets a street date before the end of May.

It's only been on the boat for about 3 weeks, so it's highly unlikely we'll see any movement this week.  And given the distinct lack of remaining unspoiled cards, I'm assuming we won't get more than one more article before release.

My hope is that we get the Defender article next week and it sets a street date before the end of May.

My hope is we get an article today then next week it update so that will have been 5 weeks on the boat...

better yet we may even get a Wave 9 article to pad out the weeks :D

All that's left to reveal is the Countess' ability and the Defender pilot costs. Right?

That's going to be a pretty uninspiring preview article. I miss the days when something remained unspoiled.

Maarek's cost and ability (technically, though we are pretty sure his ability will not have changed from his TIE/ad one) are also not yet spoiled.

By those standards the bomber preview was also pretty uninspiring as it only spoiled Deathfire and Systems Officer.

Can't say I disagree, but there really wasn't much of this set left to spoil TBH.

All that's left to reveal is the Countess' ability and the Defender pilot costs. Right?

That's going to be a pretty uninspiring preview article. I miss the days when something remained unspoiled.

They could just spoil the Countess and Glaive and leave Maareks cost a mystery. At least I hope so.

Bet they spoil maaerek as he's worthy of comment as our first imperial repeat pilot, and one of the other two - either the glaive for commentary on their generics, or the final unique in the pack of her ability is interesting enough to squeeze a paragraph out of. ;)

I hope we get one today. They did say stay tuned for future previews on Imp Vets. Hopefully they aren't spreading them out.

I need to know how much the **** Glaive is. :wacko:

Well it has to be more expensive then the Onyx and less expensive then Vessery so its not like its a huge mystery.

I hope we get one today. They did say stay tuned for future previews on Imp Vets. Hopefully they aren't spreading them out.

I need to know how much the **** Glaive is. :wacko:

Well it has to be more expensive then the Onyx and less expensive then Vessery so its not like its a huge mystery.

But there is quite a big difference between 33 and 34 points. At 33 points it allows you to run 3 of them  with Juke and x7 Title.

Edited by Jo Jo

Pretty sure the Glaive will be 34 points but I also think Ryad will be 34 points at PS 5 with no EPT.

Yeah I thought this and hope for 34 as it'll make 3 of them viable in a list but also hope that if Ryad has no EPT she at least has a great ability. I read she had a heavily modified Defender so am hoping for built in upgrades or the chance to buy two mods for example (Royal Guard TIE type ability)

Pretty sure the Glaive will be 34 points but I also think Ryad will be 34 points at PS 5 with no EPT.

Yeah I thought this and hope for 34 as it'll make 3 of them viable in a list but also hope that if Ryad has no EPT she at least has a great ability. I read she had a heavily modified Defender so am hoping for built in upgrades or the chance to buy two mods for example (Royal Guard TIE type ability)

Agreed on that point. I just REALLY hope her pilot ability does not deal with repositioning stuff (funky barrel rolls or granting a boost action) because at PS 5 she won't see the table. Goes the same way as poor Blue Ace and his awesome ability.