Sign in to follow this  
Rogue 4

Printed Maps

Are these allowed for Regional events? Some players are asking if they HAVE to have the map components to play in the regional. Is there an official response from FFG about this?

I asked the regional I'm going to ahead of time. They said map tiles. But I'm bringing my printed maps too. I just had to go through the hassle to borrow map tiles for the two other people I'm bringing to make three sets. But I knew the last thing I wanted was to drive five hours and get dq'd for unofficial maps. And if we can end up using the printed stuff when we get there I'll be super happy regardless of having to borrow stuff.

From the tournament rules:

(First sentence being the relevant)

LEGAL PRODUCTS

Only official Imperial Assault components are legal for use in

tournament play. Proxies of cards and figures cannot be used.

Players cannot use the figure tokens provided in the Imperial

Assault core game in sanctioned tournaments. Third-party tokens

and counters may be allowed at the head judge’s discretion. In

North America, Imperial Assault products are legal upon their

release. Players outside of North America should check with their

TO to determine which products are tournament legal.

Take your maps and tiles. Worst they can do is say no.

I will say this: you can almost completely separate the three maps into 3 separate bags. There are only 5 total tiles that are shared, and they are all on The Warzone and Cantina. This will save you an absurd amount of time.

Take your maps and tiles. Worst they can do is say no.

I will say this: you can almost completely separate the three maps into 3 separate bags. There are only 5 total tiles that are shared, and they are all on The Warzone and Cantina. This will save you an absurd amount of time.

+11one1!

I do this all the time.  I use ziploc bags to hold the tiles and print the map names on some scotch tape which I use to label each bag.  Piece of cake.  

And then, if you want to make the setup time even faster, you can print out these map-building guides that I made: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/187822-skirmish-map-puzzle-guides/

They print on regular 8.5 x 11 paper and make it a little easier to see which tiles go where.