Sign in to follow this  
Hastatior

Wave 3 "At the printers"

Ok, so this wave isn't exactly exciting and I'm not checking the "upcoming" page daily like I was for wave 2, but just yesterday it changed to "at the printers" so at least it looks like its on schedule (which shouldn't be surprising, it's not like 2 SKUs is exactly taxing)

For those better at the business side of things, what does this mean for us (as in, timing) for getting our new crack toys?

anyone notice the pictures on the news page is gone?

They've been having issues with those pictures from Day 1...  

On the release day of the article, half of people couldn't see it at all - I know i had to load a different browser to download the pictuers to post them to facebook...

Since then, all of the pictures seem to have ended up as "forbidden" or "declined" in my various browsers...

And honestly even though it's only 2 SKUs, I imagine people will want multiples of each? So monetarily, it probably won't be a 'cheap' wave either. ;)

I had heard there were two missing numbers that may suggest more products in wave 3? Was this confirmed as false?

And honestly even though it's only 2 SKUs, I imagine people will want multiples of each? So monetarily, it probably won't be a 'cheap' wave either. ;)

I had heard there were two missing numbers that may suggest more products in wave 3? Was this confirmed as false?

No.

It was not confirmed as anything.

They're missing numbers.

missingno.jpg

Edited by Drasnighta

I'm excited with just the flotillas. A cheap wave will be nice, especially if it's delivered quickly. The new ship type and upgrade cards alone with cause a significant change in the meta.

Agreed 100%. It doesn't take much to change the meta in a game as finely balanced as Armada seems to be.

Edited by Uncle_Joe

So are we still crossing our fingers for more than two products?

Depends on how much disappointment you want to live with, basically.

I was never in that band camp.  Wave 3 was always just 2 for me.

I won't be disappointed if flotillas are all that is released this wave. I think they are very cool and add a lot to the gameplay. I was mainly just curious if there was some slight possibility that they were saving some new products for an announcement at some large convention or something. (Or if they have something that ties into Rogue One that LFL has told them to keep under wraps for the moment.)

I won't be disappointed if flotillas are all that is released this wave. I think they are very cool and add a lot to the gameplay. I was mainly just curious if there was some slight possibility that they were saving some new products for an announcement at some large convention or something. (Or if they have something that ties into Rogue One that LFL has told them to keep under wraps for the moment.)

The answer is "Possibly", but it wouldn't be in regards to "Wave 3".  It would be something else, I feel...

Adepticon is out of the way.  But the trick is, GenCon and Origins are far enough away that you would have to ask "Why Skip?"  Why are the flotillas not just those codes, and what comes later are those codes?  

Honestly, there's too many variables to make an assumption on it.

Hope for stuff, Yes.

Hope for specific stuff or at a specific time, No.

The answer is "Possibly", but it wouldn't be in regards to "Wave 3".  It would be something else, I feel...

Adepticon is out of the way.  But the trick is, GenCon and Origins are far enough away that you would have to ask "Why Skip?"  Why are the flotillas not just those codes, and what comes later are those codes?  

Hope for stuff, Yes.

That sums it up quite nicely. (I didn't realize that the flotilla codes were the second group.)

If I were the betting sort, I'd wager they're being pressured to keep Rogue One stuff hidden right now. The timeline of that movie perfectly matches the Armada timeline. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a new Imperial Commander card for this guy:

Screen-Shot-2016-04-07-at-14.02.58.jpg

That would come under the heading of specific stuff at a specific time for me... Ergo, I'll simply wait without any hope or disappointment.

I wish I could say I was Zen or something, but I'm not...  I'm far too Rules-Debatey for that.

Hope for stuff, Yes.

That sums it up quite nicely. (I didn't realize that the flotilla codes were the second group.)

If I were the betting sort, I'd wager they're being pressured to keep Rogue One stuff hidden right now. The timeline of that movie perfectly matches the Armada timeline. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a new Imperial Commander card for this guy:

Screen-Shot-2016-04-07-at-14.02.58.jpg

I thought this was Wulff Yularen, but the Rank is wrong. 

His rank is Grand Admiral, I'm pretty sure. I'd be willing to bet that this is an original character for Rogue One.

Some people have also said this is supposed to be Tarkin, but I seriously doubt that. They would have at least CGId his face to be more true to Peter Cushing.

His rank is Grand Admiral, I'm pretty sure. I'd be willing to bet that this is an original character for Rogue One.

Some people have also said this is supposed to be Tarkin, but I seriously doubt that. They would have at least CGId his face to be more true to Peter Cushing.

Ya, cannot be Tarkin, he is wearing a Security Bureau uniform. 

That would be cool if the missing numbers are because of the rogue one movie.  All the rage quitters will be sorry... :P

Even if it is just these flotillas, i'm super pumped about them. 

Remember how we all said Wave 2 competed the game?  I actually believe wave 3 will complete the game. 

these Flotillas just stink of Rieekan.  **** Rebel Scum!

Remember how we all said Wave 2 competed the game?  I actually believe wave 3 will complete the game. 

these Flotillas just stink of Rieekan.  **** Rebel Scum!

Let's not forget Grand Mac Daddy Tarkin.

s-l300.jpg

"Oh, I knew you'd be back sooner or later. If you need me, I'm buried in a pile of Sensor Teams and Ion Cannon Batteries you had already forgotten about."

The news article on the flotillas said that the point cost would be more comparable to a squadron than a ship. So are we talking like 25-30 points base cost, in theory? Are there going to be people bringing 4 of these things to really capitalize on activation advantage?