Sign in to follow this  
voltagejim

Any chance of getting these ships in the future?

Skipray Blastboat

I-7 Howlrunner

V-wing (from Rogue squadron game and Dark Empire comic)

Slave 2

TIE Scout

TIE Avenger

T-wing

Assault Gunboat

Missile Boat

Sun Crusher

Lady Luck

Stinger (Xizors's main ship)

Probably none of them. Heck Disney isn't even using any ships or characters from the EU that are already in the game. I think Rouge one will be the official death knell for the EU.

Oh well, at least they didn't retconned the entire franchise like they did with Star Trek.You still have Episodes 4 through 6 to go back to. For trekkies, they got thrown in the dumpster.

The only people who could answer that question are the developers at FFG.

and the mouse himself.

Biggest question is why would the mouse be worried about using stuff they already own.

I am not sure if it has been mentioned, but a TIE/FO with rear firing limited arc would be great (like in the movie). It could be called, "TIE/FO Elite", have a little bit bigger hull to accommodate 2 pilots and be painted with the red markings.

The Avenger would certainly be cool though I think the Aggressor might bring more to the table and I would still like to see the Scout as a cheap agile support ship.

A turret fighter for the empire? Over my dead body. :P

On a more serious note, I think the TIE/AG breaks the theme of the empire, gameplay wise I don't think that a Y-Wing clone fits into identity of the empire faction, lore-wise the TIE/AG makes imo not much sense either, because there is no real use-case. The empire has plenty of bigger, more cable turret platforms and is using a fleet doctrine of numbers, dominance and firepower. A turret fighter is in this context not fitting at all. That it is fugly does not help either, even when my Age of Rebellion character would happily fly the thing. 

There is as well the TIE/HU, which fills the same role as the Avenger, but is worse in more or less every regard, not only spec-wise, but as well ugly as hell. But at least the Hunter fits much better into the Empire than the Aggressor does.

Edited by SEApocalypse

The Avenger would certainly be cool though I think the Aggressor might bring more to the table and I would still like to see the Scout as a cheap agile support ship.

A turret fighter for the empire? Over my dead body. :P

On a more serious note, I think the TIE/AG breaks the theme of the empire, gameplay wise I don't think that a Y-Wing clone fits into identity of the empire faction, lore-wise the TIE/AG makes imo not much sense either, because there is no real use-case. The empire has plenty of bigger, more cable turret platforms and is using a fleet doctrine of numbers, dominance and firepower. A turret fighter is in this context not fitting at all. That is fugly does not help either, even when my Age of Rebellion character would happily fly the thing most likely. 

There is as well the TIE/HU, which fills the same role as the Avenger, but is worse in more or less every regard, not only spec-wise, but as well ugly as hell. But at least the Hunter fits much better into the Empire than the Aggressor does. 

I forgot about the turret >.< I was just thinking of it as a agile munitions ship with a crew slot.

I was thinking more Aux arc then turret, it doesn't actually go 360 degrees does it?

That could be interesting... 

Well also have the Oppressor, and the Sentinel in addition to the Scout and the Avenger.

Edited by Princezilla

I was thinking more Aux arc then turret, it doesn't actually go 360 degrees does it?

Empire will get an auxiliary arc ship in the next wave:

x_wing_miniatures_game___custom_ship_tie

My issue here is that model wise its just am FO with a red stripe painted on it. Its better off saved for a title rather then a ship in its own right.

Am I the only one that has always liked the look of the K-wing? :(

We can only hope. ;)

But hey, if the T-70 can have a turbine that splits in half and wings that split in half, the K-Wing can have a turret set below the horizon of the wings and a chinnball.

We can only hope. ;)

But hey, if the T-70 can have a turbine that splits in half and wings that split in half, the K-Wing can have a turret set below the horizon of the wings and a chinnball.

Leave her alone she is beautiful like she is! Your just jealous of her albatross like majesty.

We can only hope. ;)

Yea, not a fan the T-70 design, much preferred the XJ wings.

Empire will get an auxiliary arc ship in the next wave[Citation Needed]

*snip*

My issue here is that model wise its just am FO with a red stripe painted on it. Its better off saved for a title rather then a ship in its own right.

Would be interesting to create a title that comes with its own cardboard inserts.  Not sure if FFG would go that route but I like it.

Aesthetics were thrown right out of the window with the release did the punisher.

Considering the rage over the K-wing, I would say it was that ship that ticked people off. (and where are they now? Running K-wings with TLT's...)

I'm weird like that

I like 'em.

I've grown to like the K-wing a lot more.

FFG's model>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the original artwork.

Where each > is a standard order of magnitude cubed.

Edited by DariusAPB

Skipray Blastboat

I-7 Howlrunner

V-wing (from Rogue squadron game and Dark Empire comic)

Slave 2

TIE Scout

TIE Avenger

T-wing

Assault Gunboat

Missile Boat

Sun Crusher

Lady Luck

Stinger (Xizors's main ship)

As stated; it pretty much comes down to money. That's what ultimately decides what will make the cut/cash. Or maybe, what will get/keep the top tables even to the roll of the dice gods.

My opinion, as far as and easy money maker and an easy sell to plastic crack addicts, the Tie Avenger is the shoe-in. Beyond that, if Scum need a Capital ship, I guess the Stinger will make a cut. The Skipray Blastboat would be a great balance to the new Ghost potentially. They'll need to stop sometime; said no one on this forum ever.

It's very different. Look the details here.

Not really. It's still the same chassis with some augmentations.

Not really. It's still the same chassis with some augmentations.

Cogs, rear window, belly turret, antenna, 2 rear "jets stuff" (or whatever)... you could say the TIE Fighter/fo is just an augmented TIE/ln (they are almost identical), but you can't say the TIE/sf is just an augmented TIE/fo. 

The TIE/sf is different enough to justify a seperate model, but this would be the third TIE model with identical hexagonal wings. At least with the Advanced/Bomber/punisher the wings and models are different sizes. Would gamers buy yet another TIE fighter? Would FFG want to produce and market it? Probably yes.

Is it gonna be easy to put a peg on the /sf model where it doesn't obscure the ventral turret or the unique rear viewport/engine assembly? Nope, something will have to be offset or covered. And this s why I think a simple repaint plus title will be the route FFG goes.

So, we see that the Gunboat and Avenger should objectively be included in the game over the Punisher and Phantom.

Not "over"; definitely "as well as"

Why wouldn't ffg and Disney want to sell hundreds of thousands worth of gunboats?

If they don't, Shapeways will are.

DEN SHUSH... AND GO BUY THREE OF 'EM YEA SOB!

:lol:  :D  ;)