Sign in to follow this  
voltagejim

Any chance of getting these ships in the future?

(Gunboat fan), an XX-year-old man who posted to the forums incessantly, was referred for psychiatric evaluation. The referring physician said that the patient believed that their favorite ship was still going to be released. The gunboat was his favorite, but his relationship with actual released TIE models was strained. When the gunboat was in it's twenties, it was accused of not fitting into the TIE aesthetic, following which (Gunboat fan) developed knee jerk reactions. After many waves he posted renders and self designed the ship, creating many separate threads for the seven figure number of gunboat fans (citation needed). When it was pointed out that the gunboat was losing it's niche the patient claimed that this simply wasn't true, stating "It should handle like like a y wing/ xwing cross but have missiles and cannons. plus it should be able to double shoot and have hyperspace capability and have tractor beam and ion and it'll be low cost and you can fly four of them and lots of people would buy it and..."

Over the next few months, the patient displayed behaviors indicating that he believed the gunboat was going to be released. He posted renders and justifications exactly as before. He often rushed up to the News page at the sound of announcements and would insist that his gunboat was going to be released. The above behaviors persisted for the next XX years. His self-care, sleep and appetite were unchanged. Forum goers reported that during the current admission the patient had been looking for the gunboat among future waves.

Diagnosis:

Based on the history and examination, we considered differential diagnoses of delusional disorder and atypical bereavement. The Gunboat fan refused any psychiatric intervention for himself

The Phantom appeared in forces of corruption, the DLC for Empire at war.

Defender appeared in the same expansion, as well as SWG.(way past the point where anyone was playing it, mind).

The rest I agree with though.

Defender has also appeared in other video games, and several books. As I said, my love for the Defender came from Battlegrounds. The Defender is a truly iconic ship from the EU.

There are just as many people who hate it as love it.

Source for that?  Can you provide numbers to back up that claim?  How many people have you canvassed?  Sample size?  Because "you" certainly does not not equal "as many people as love it".

Having an opinion doesn't make something "polarizing".  For example, I personally do not have any interest in the Ghost.  I've never watched Rebels, I think it's an ugly ship and I think the Phantom's sticky-out nose guns look like Q-Tips.  I'm certainly not going to buy one.

That doesn't make the Ghost "polarizing", however - it just means that I personally don't particularly like it.  And it certainly doesn't mean I'm going to begrudge anyone else the opportunity to fly it, I'm just not going to buy it myself.

Dude... Chill Bruh. I don't like the ship either but come on. Sample Sizes? You don't need a sample size with how ridiculous that Gunboat page got. People love it, people hate it, and some people don't care. Take a breather.

Defender appeared in the same expansion, as well as SWG.(way past the point where anyone was playing it, mind).

Defender appeared in X-Wing: Alliance.

I find it hard to believe that anyone loved the Punisher in Galactic Battlegrounds! The Empire was bad at fighters as a faction in that game! A dozen gungans with a rocket launcher on their backs could blow up imperial fighters like they were made of paper maché. Bombers were so easy to destroy with AA turrets or your own fighters that nobody bothered upgrading them!

How did you get to "love" the tier 3 upgrade to the a unit whose faction was discouraged to build to start with!?

Edited by Azrapse

Defender appeared in X-Wing: Alliance.

I tend to lump the x-wing series as one group. Even Alliance...

Source for that?  Can you provide numbers to back up that claim?  How many people have you canvassed?  Sample size?  Because "you" certainly does not not equal "as many people as love it".

Having an opinion doesn't make something "polarizing".  For example, I personally do not have any interest in the Ghost.  I've never watched Rebels, I think it's an ugly ship and I think the Phantom's sticky-out nose guns look like Q-Tips.  I'm certainly not going to buy one.

That doesn't make the Ghost "polarizing", however - it just means that I personally don't particularly like it.  And it certainly doesn't mean I'm going to begrudge anyone else the opportunity to fly it, I'm just not going to buy it myself.

Dude... Chill Bruh. I don't like the ship either but come on. Sample Sizes? You don't need a sample size with how ridiculous that Gunboat page got. People love it, people hate it, and some people don't care. Take a breather.

Seriously, the Gunboat crowd is hyper defensive and very touchy :P

I prefer to be called offensive and hardcore instead … touchy my ass. Though I am anyway in the Avenger crowd :P

I find it hard to believe that anyone loved the Punisher in Galactic Battlegrounds! The Empire was bad at fighters as a faction in that game! A dozen gungans with a rocket launcher on their backs could blow up imperial fighters like they were made of paper maché. Bombers were so easy to destroy with AA turrets or your own fighters that nobody bothered upgrading them!

How did you get to "love" the tier 3 upgrade to the a unit whose faction was discouraged to build to start with!?

True, but it still looked cooler then everyone else's t3 bomber. Y-wing with quad-stacked engines anyone? Besides, my philosophy was overwhelming fighter superiority so I usually played Rebels or Republic anyways. But the Punisher was one the few t3 bomber upgrades that actually made sense from a design perspective. I remember purposely not getting the t3 Y-wing because it was so stupid.

I'm in the DX9....  um... is there anyone else? I just know that to have the DX9 the Gunboat has to come first.

Also the DX9 is officially currently canon.

I fear you are own your own. But always remember, the 501st was using the DX9 for sure, and with Skywalker you are always on the offense, so no time to get touchy and defensive for you. ;-)

I'm in the DX9....  um... is there anyone else? I just know that to have the DX9 the Gunboat has to come first.

Isn't that a troop lander? O.o

I prefer to be called offensive and hardcore instead … touchy my ass. Though I am anyway in the Avenger crowd :P

....I don't want to touchy your ass...

I fear you are own your own. But always remember, the 501st was using the DX9 for sure, and with Skywalker you are always on the offense, so no time to get touchy and defensive for you. ;-)

Calm and objective it is. Thankfully I have that in spades.

No Princezilla, you are thinking of the Sentinel class. Which is also spaceborne.

The DX-9 stormtrooper transport is a heavily armed and armoured gunship, that can also be used as a troop lander.

Edited by DariusAPB

Aesthetics were thrown right out of the window with the release did the punisher.

Considering the rage over the K-wing, I would say it was that ship that ticked people off. (and where are they now? Running K-wings with TLT's...)

Am I the only one that has always liked the look of the K-wing? :(

I'm weird like that

Eh it looks kind of strange, but I wouldn't mind it if it added something new and unique to the game. Boarding parties? Also, if it's canon, the gunboat doesn't have to come first.

Aesthetics were thrown right out of the window with the release did the punisher.

Considering the rage over the K-wing, I would say it was that ship that ticked people off. (and where are they now? Running K-wings with TLT's...)

I'm weird like that

I am totally with you.

Eh it looks kind of strange, but I wouldn't mind it if it added something new and unique to the game. Boarding parties? Also, if it's canon, the gunboat doesn't have to come first.

No, wait, screw you. :P Before the gunboat, before the DX9, before Wave 11, we really, really need that TIE/AD Avenger. With a unique Model.

Edited by SEApocalypse

I'm weird like that

I am totally with you.

No, wait, screw you. :P Before the gunboat, before the DX9, before Wave 11, we really, really need that TIE/AD Avenger. With a unique Model.

The Avenger would certainly be cool though I think the Aggressor might bring more to the table and I would still like to see the Scout as a cheap agile support ship.