Sign in to follow this  
McFoy

Boba vs Titles

Let's take a hypothetical scenario:

I start the game with a Firespray and a FACE DOWN Slave One title card under the ship card. If somehow that title upgrade is turned face up do you get to fill the torpedo slot that's suddenly available? Nope.

Taking away upgrade slots does not cause one to discard any upgrade cards. Only losing the ship or the abilities of cards can discard upgrades. Losing Sabine does not cause an equipped bomb to be lost. Losing Bomb load out on a Y-wing similarly does not cause you to lose a bomb.

What if boba tries to discard Adaptability? Does he instead reverse the raised/lowered PS of the target ship? How do you discard a dual upgrade?

Boba, you are such a troublemaker. I'm glad Vader told you no disintegrations, Boba working for the Imps can't break the game.

What if boba tries to discard Adaptability? Does he instead reverse the raised/lowered PS of the target ship? How do you discard a dual upgrade?

Per the most recent tournament rules, discarded cards are placed under the pilot card.  Presumably for exactly this reason.

Regardless, discarded cards are out of play *for all purposes except squad point cost* so the fact that the tournament rules used to say 'turn them face down' but no longer do, is irrelevant.

Nice try ;)

I wish they would have just been specific on what he can discard. This is one case where i would be fine with thematically logical. A crew member, a droid (any kind), a missle/torp/cannon/etc. And then call it a day. I would have left titles and ept's completely out of it. Possible even mods, though most of those are pretty dtraightforward to manage removal with. He'd be plenty powerful just taking crew/droids and all munitions.

Edited by Darth Emphatic

There can be some confusion surrounding Boba's ability with regard to which rules cover which aspects of the removed cards, and the effects that may or may not stay in play. And that's for the rules ninjas to sort out.

From a fluff perspective, I still want to know how Boba can remove a secondary weapon or crew member or droid or modification or even title(?) from another ship that's manoeuvring against his ship in a fierce space battle. I mean there's a lot of pilot and crew abilities that you can wrap around their particular fluff, but this one just doesn't fit that well. I know that fluff and rules are poles apart, but generally they're not that difficult to match up with a little imagination. But can anybody explain just how Boba could possibly do what the card ability suggests?

From a fluff perspective, I still want to know how Boba can remove a secondary weapon or crew member or droid or modification or even title(?) from another ship that's manoeuvring against his ship in a fierce space battle. I mean there's a lot of pilot and crew abilities that you can wrap around their particular fluff, but this one just doesn't fit that well. I know that fluff and rules are poles apart, but generally they're not that difficult to match up with a little imagination. But can anybody explain just how Boba could possibly do what the card ability suggests?

From the minute I read the card I just assumed that it was an abstraction of sabotage that BF had performed prior to the battle beginning. In fact, I don't really see any reason to assume that BF is actually physically present on the ship hugs upgrade is equipped to, just the pilot had to use the money that he would have paid another crew member to instead pay BF for his services. The crit trigger just symbolizes the previously set booby trap tripping at a particularly stressful moment.

From the minute I read the card I just assumed that it was an abstraction of sabotage that BF had performed prior to the battle beginning. In fact, I don't really see any reason to assume that BF is actually physically present on the ship hugs upgrade is equipped to, just the pilot had to use the money that he would have paid another crew member to instead pay BF for his services. The crit trigger just symbolizes the previously set booby trap tripping at a particularly stressful moment.

Actually I never really thought about Boba performing some pre-battle sabotage. And that actually would explain how he could do any of the multitude of things that are possible with the card ability.

Boba hands the pilot a small remote and says "Just press the red button. Now that'll be 10,000 credits." And with that, his job is done.