Sign in to follow this  
Rikalonius

Just some levity

With -1 Accuracy and one green die you could as well call him a melee figure (and even being adjacent he would miss a lot - so why the red die), and then his speed is not really appropriate for that... Maybe deployment cost of 1 would be too much with those stats. :D

Needs work. :P

a1bert,

It was completely done tongue in cheek.  I used a red dice because I wanted to limit his surges and accuracy. With the minus one accuracy the most he could hit from is 2 spaces.  I was completely playing on the joke of George adding the missed point-blank shot by Greedo.  I removed his ability to dodge, pretty much guaranteeing his death. At no point would this character help anyone do anything.  I was just messing around with my template and thought, "we never got Greedo."  The Hired Gun is essentially a Greedo esque character.  If you've seen the special additions where they add the Hutt conversation in Docking by 94, you see a half dozen 'Greedo" characters, along with Boba.  I've never looked at Greedo as a Bounty Hunter, but more like one of Jabba's mooks who thought he could get the jump on Han.

Edit:  Ooops, I think I mistoke your post for a serious one and not also have a laugh.  My apologies.

Edited by Rikalonius

This is the Greedo I designed in the Homebrew thread. ;)

Greedo

Mercenary
Hunter

Cost 4

+ Evade()  | ~+1 Damage  | ~+1 Damage | +1 Accuracy

Itchy Trigger Finger: At the start of a hostile figure's activation, you may interrupt to perform an attack against that figure. If this attack deals no damage, that figure may interrupt to perform an attack targeting Greedo.

Disposable: When defending apply -1 Dodge to your results.

Health: 5
Speed: 5
Defense: W
Attack: GY

I think double green dice is better (without considering he is all green haha). And even though we dont have it available yet, Hide would be a great Surge ability. Think about it, he sprung up out of no where past Chewie (who got up and left the Cantina) and Solo. You also need to add "once per round." to his Itchy Trigger Finger, otherwise he is able to do that too many times. Id also replace Hunter with Spy. I think he was more an Informant who tried to be a Bounty Hunter, than a true Hunter, but thats just my opinion.

~D

A fun line to add to this card:

"Over My Dead Body": At the beginning of your activation, if Han has line of sight to you, you are defeated. If you re defeated in this way, your Parting Shot must declare Han as the target.

:)

Edited by Fizz

Great additions.  Hoodie, I had considered two greens and I think I'm going to actually modify it that way.  I might actually go for a semi-serious Greedo here.  I also like him being a spy and not a hunter, as I agree with you, he seemed like one of Jabba's lackeys that thought he might try and shake down Solo.  Notice he wasn't interested in bring in Han, he wanted him to pay him to say "he didn't see him."  So I think spy is a good option.  Now, given what you said about him just appearing like that.  How about a Nexu like ability where he can jump up to 3 spaces and make an attack and then if he fails to do damage, then the opponent gets to interrupt to make an attack?  That prevents it from being more than once per turn.  That would limit the abilities to 2, itchy trigger finger and disposable.  Now to actually give him some utility, have him have weaken and stun attached to surges, rather than damage.  I still think -1 accuracy is good.  Thoughts?

If you want to keep the "Han shot first" idea in there, you could give him

Slow Hand: "When you declare an attack targeting a figure, that figure may interrupt to perform an attack targeting Greedo."

It's a major disadvantage, but you can play around it by not giving the target line of sight back to you, or attacking melee characters at range. You could also limit it to figures with a ready deployment card, and just cost Greedo appropriately to compensate.

I like "~Hide", Parting Shot, "-1 Dodge", using 2 greens, -1 Accuracy, and making him a Spy. Not sure about Stun, it doesn't seem to fit his character. Weaken maybe.

I think it's a cool idea overall - it's fun to have units with well-defined strengths and weaknesses; it makes the game more interesting!

I had to look up Hide, and now I see it is a Bespin Gambit addition.  I like the ability, although it shouldn't apply to a melee character, that seems to be the early steps towards GOWK territory.  How do you "hide" when you are attacking someone in melee combat?  It be more appropriate to a character like Mak.  Anyway, it doesn't seem appropriate to Greedo's character either, but I'm not ruling it out.

I was talking to a friend about it and he brought up that we don't know if Greedo was a bad shot or not, based on the OT's unmarred additions.  He did get the drop on Solo, like a spider monkey, he was just BAM, "Oonta gonta, Solo?"  So maybe he was a decent fighter, but Han just outmaneuvered him like Tuco in the bathtub.  If you're going to shoot, shoot! Don't talk.

Edited by Rikalonius

I had to look up Hide, and now I see it is a Bespin Gambit addition.  I like the ability, although it shouldn't apply to a melee character, that seems to be the early steps towards GOWK territory.  How do you "hide" when you are attacking someone in melee combat?  It be more appropriate to a character like Mak.  Anyway, it doesn't seem appropriate to Greedo's character either, but I'm not ruling it out.

I was talking to a friend about it and he brought up that we don't know if Greedo was a bad shot or not, based on the OT's unmarred additions.  He did get the drop on Solo, like a spider monkey, he was just BAM, "Oonta gonta, Solo?"  So maybe he was a decent fighter, but Han just outmaneuvered him like Tuco in the bathtub.  If you're going to shoot, shoot! Don't talk.

Hide is for any character. Its like Im going to shoot and hide behind this crate of boxes or underneath this table. Doesnt make it so the opponent cant hit you, just makes it a bit more difficult. And when you pop out to fire/swing you get an extra Surge.

I would have the Parting Shot, Disposable, and perhaps an ability that when Greedo is Hidden, he becomes Focused. He is going to cost basically the elite Hired Guns, have same health/speed, but only be one figure. Adding ~Hide, ~+1 dmg (twice is fine), and +1 Dodge would be nice and making him Focused when Hidden gives you 3 Green dice. That is nice for 6 pts IMO and a fair trade off for 1 Figure.

~D

Hoodie,

I see what you are saying.  Yeah, if we take a serious look at the character, and not a guy who may have just rolled a blank on the white die when Han shot him, your idea make a good mercenary agent.  So this is what I'm looking at now

6 points.  ~ Hide / ~ +1 damage / ~ +1 damage

Abilities:  Itchy Trigger Finger : If this character is hidden at the end of the round it gains Focus; Crafty : When defending add +1 ( ) for any blank result

5 health  5 speed  White defense,  Green-Green ranged attack.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking for a better word than crafty, but I like the ability. 

Hmmm. Now he's just a solid unit. Maybe a bit expensive; compare him to Jyn.

But I like the idea of him having some weird downsides more. Stuff like letting your enemy attack and having -1 Accuracy. I think it's fun to play with different ways of paying for a unit aside from the deployment cost.

Oota Goota? - If a Hero within 2 spaces of you tries to move away from you, you may interrupt to force that Hero to perform an attack action against you, after which you may make an attack against that hero.  If the hero cannot legally attack from its current location, this has no effect.

Edited by uhhsam

If you want to keep the "Han shot first" idea in there, you could give him

Slow Hand: "When you declare an attack targeting a figure, that figure may interrupt to perform an attack targeting Greedo."

Hey, called it! And Rikalonious guessed the dice!

Everyone got the surge abilities totally wrong though :P