Sign in to follow this  
McFoy

Guri, Zuckuss, and Kaa'To

So I've been thinking of a scum build to take to my League this week. I think I've settled on this:

Guri — StarViper 30

Push the Limit 3

Advanced Proton Torpedoes 6

Fire-Control System 2

Autothrusters 2

Virago 1 Ship Total: 44 

Zuckuss — G-1A Starfighter 28

Juke 2

4-LOM 1

Fire-Control System 2

Tractor Beam 1

Mist Hunte r0 Ship Total: 34 

Kaa'To Leeachos — Z-95 Headhunter 15

Juke 2

Homing Missiles 5

Guidance Chips 0 Ship Total: 22 

Ideally Zuckuss or Kaa'To can juke using Zuckuss' evade based on who has the better opportunity while Guri does her own thing. I'm open to thoughts and improvements though. 

I'm also considering this instead.

If you want to run Push the limit on a Star Viper, you should really go with Advanced sensors.  Being able to take action, push for a 2nd, then reveal your dial and clear your stress (green move) makes Push far more useful even with only 4 greens on the dial.

I'm also not a fan of advanced proton torpedoes.  You are paying 6 points for +1 attack die once.  Sure Guri is all but assured of 5 hits, but with PTL and her ability, she can do just fine with her primary and you save yourself 6 points (half a z-95!).  Even better, you won't be tempted to sacrifice her just to get them off, so she'll be more valuable over the course of a match then that one 'big shot'.

Relying on Zuckuss for two ships to possibly get to benefit from Juke is a waste of potential, since only one can do it at a time, AND you are dependent on Zuckuss being able to take evade as his action (not possible on red moves, not possible when bumped, not possible when you want to do a different action, etc).

If you really want to use PTL on Guri, use advance sensors like blade said.

I fly Guri all the time and my favorite build by far is Lone Wolf/Sensor Jammer/auto thrusters.

Use predator if you don't like Lone Wolf. Flying Lone Wolf can be tricky, but the added defense has saved Guri many times.

One of the hardest ships to kill in the game.

I also fly homing missile Kaato with Guri. But I use Deadeye to be sure I can get the shot on all those aces out there.