Sign in to follow this  
Orjo Creld

I have it! Ray's parentage

I know. Not a game thread but I just had to share. Been reading Dark Disciple. Psychometry! Flame away

Interesting thought, but the lightsaber "called" to her before she touched it.

She can't be Ventress'.  We don't know Vos' fate, but it seems like a stretch.  And why would they bother?  She doesn't really have to be tied to anyone mentioned before.

Rey is a time traveller and is, in fact, her own mother. She will find this out from a waitress on Coruscant, who is also her but from another point in time. She will find out the rest of the stuff from an engineering professor on Coruscant, who built the time machine and who is also her. The Reys used money from waiting to pay for the college, and for the clone.

Edited by Hondo Ohnaka

She could be the daughter of Thane Kyrell and Ciena Ree from Lost Stars. There are a few visual clues as well some story bits: The fact she is on Jakku (Likely the only reason Jakku is in SW VII is this book), the crashed Star Destroyer she makes her living from, and her "natural" piloting skills.
Both of them were the best pilots in the Imperial Academy, and the books kept eluding to the Force in their encounters and their strong, almost connected way they could fly together, even though they didn't have any training. Plus they both ended up on Jakku after crashing a Star Destroyer...

Edit: VIII to VII

Edited by FuriousGreg

I'm telling you guys... she's the long lost love child of Chewie and Maz.

I thought I covered this in that other thread.

Sheesh! let it go already...

No, stupid, she's obviously

Daisy Ridley

I mean they literally spell it out for you at the end of the film!

She was cloned from Luke Skywalker's severed hand.

That's actually the premise for the book "The Last Command".  Last book in the Thrawn trilogy.  Luke actually had to fight a Dark Side clone version of himself, which was creepy.  I had long hoped as some others had that they would become EP. VII - IX, but alas it was not meant to be.  If Disney ever does end up filming any of the EU material, I strongly hope that it's the Thrawn Trilogy or the X-wing series by Michael A. Stackpole.  I know they are far more likely to come up with their own material though since they can and it would probably make more money.  Here's hoping they eventually run out of creativity though and fall back on the good old EU.

Oh, also, Rey is the daughter of Corran Horn and Mirax Terrik.  In case you're wondering. ;)

She was cloned from Luke Skywalker's severed hand.

Not cloned, but rebuilt on a molecular level (5th element style) - this also reveals to us that Luke was really a hermaphrodite, it was uncle Owen and aunt Beru that made the decision for him to be male ... this explains a lot.

The fact she is on Jakku (Likely the only reason Jakku is in SW VII is this book),

I think it's the other way around sir, Jakku is in that book, because it is in Ep VII... of course the other part of your arguments I'm not going to comment (and sounds fair enough as speculation - if they will in fact "cross" lines like that,) I never managed to get far in that book, it was a horrible read ... although I haven't given up, knowing that I've read the Dark Nest trilogy, Darksaber and Children of the Jedi, should be proof enough (to me at least) that I can read whatever regurgitated creative drivel they can throw at me. :ph34r:

The fact she is on Jakku (Likely the only reason Jakku is in SW VII is this book),

I think it's the other way around sir, Jakku is in that book, because it is in Ep VII... 

I think the book and the screenplay were written around the same time, but either way the connection is there. In any case we'll see how it pans out. :)