Sign in to follow this  
Hobojebus

How to kill defenders.

You almost have to ignore x7 defenders unless you can seriously muster the force to kill them.  They can literally take past the time limit to kill with decent greens.  

TLT is a fine try.  

Arc Dodgring them with Fat Turrets is also useful.  RAC or Han. 

You almost have to ignore x7 defenders unless you can seriously muster the force to kill them.  They can literally take past the time limit to kill with decent greens.  

TLT is a fine try.  

Defenders suffer vs big ships.

3 uboat can likely blow up one in one turn.  (though not without casualties in return.) 

ghost laughs and blows them up.  

Dash will laugh also and BR away and kill them. 

The generic are great now with the -2 cost and free evade. Actually you can have two evades, since it's assigned, but I usually ...

I wanna know how you are getting two evades on a defender when they can't take an evade action. They only are able to get an evade token from x7.

Ok, so it wasn't just me scratching my head.

TLT is a fine try.  

3 uboat can likely blow up one in one turn.  (though not without casualties in return.) 

Why quote yourself... Not just edit your post?

TLT is a fine try.  

How else does one get to 5000+ posts?

TLT is a fine try.  

Lack of meaningful ambition, mostly

People are going to consider these things overpowered, just like triple U-Boat.

An ordnance/joustwing ship can pull the same level of shenanigans as an Acewing ship and everyone throws a fit.

I don't think so. Alex one of the game's developers has said in a recent podcast interview that they may have under priced the scout. I think we all know they did. TIE defenders were priced too high and with the titles they will now be worth the points. So its underpriced ships vs correct priced ships.

Until the counter to the three scout lists comes as promised in wave 9, they will continue to dominate with well flown players.

Until the counter to the three scout lists comes as promised in wave 9, they will continue to dominate with well flown players.

Are they dominating, though? So far we've had 6 Regionals, with 48 squads making Top Cuts. Of those, only 6 have been Uboat lists, and none have gone on to win. That's not really anything to brag about.

He's tried ion control it didn't do enough damage fast enough I simply outpaced his dps thanks to TB removing agility.

He's tried Blount but I kill him before he shoots most of out games.

/D with tractor is brutal on vessery he's got an excellent chance to land three hits and that kinda makes it impossible for a lot of rebel and scum ships to avoid, and once you're down to 1 or 0 agility you drop fast.

I'm pretty sure the big issue is tractor beam stripping agility.

He's tried ion control it didn't do enough damage fast enough I simply outpaced his dps thanks to TB removing agility.

/D with tractor is brutal on vessery he's got an excellent chance to land three hits and that kinda makes it impossible for a lot of rebel and scum ships to avoid, and once you're down to 1 or 0 agility you drop fast.

He's should put VI on Blount. I don't see how you could get PS9 Defenders with enough firepower to drop Blount and still be good against other stuff.

He's should put VI on Blount. I don't see how you could get PS9 Defenders with enough firepower to drop Blount and still be good against other stuff.

Blount can't get above 8 so if I take ps8+ aces with an initiative bid he's a goner.

You're almost guaranteed to hit him with TB then his four hit points disappear quickly.

From my experience, Tie Defenders can't take focused fire.  Three green dice isn't that great (most of the time) without tokens.  If you have more than 3 ships with decent firepower, you can take down a Defender pretty well.  At least that's what I've found.  Just try to concentrate on one and knock it out.

I would think TLT's would not be bad against them.  Oh, not four, because that's boring, but having a TLT in a list that hangs back a bit to strip tokens...or ping through once tokens are stripped.  

Ordnance might be a good thing.  Horton Hears a Boom with Proton Torpedoes, EM, and Guidance Chip is not bad.  He will be putting the hurt on someone.  Maybe even go with Ion Torpedo for the damage and control.  

VI on Blount can work well.  You can also use Biggs next to Blount to ensure you get the shot off.  

Would B-wings be good vs. Tie Defenders?  Oh, they aren't so good vs. arc dodgers, but....you aren't using them.  B-wings have a lot of shields to chew through and do a lot of damage.  They can do great short space maneuvering vs. the crazy looping of the Tie Defenders.  That might be a good option there.  

If you can build a list that has some good synergy for the Rebels, it might be enough to have them survive longer than expected.  If you are able to withstand the shots, it could work.  Have him try not to be hit by all your Tie Defenders at the same time.  Concentrated fire is bad for him, so try to control the approach and engagement.  

Hey now!  Some of us just have jobs that are either slow or have too many boring conference calls where you don't have to pay full attention.

My friend is having alot of issues with my defenders lately and feels a bit put off so what I'd like from you guys is ideas on the best way to deal with them.

I've never flown against them and I'm not the most experienced rebel player so I can't offer him advice.

I don't have a set list but I do like /D on vessery with TB.

Plus you're all going to need to figure this out anyway so let's see some ideas please.

Hey budd, what is your Defender list?

Crack Shot Black Squads can do some pt for pt damage vs Defenders.  Tie Fighter dial makes it pretty effective at blocking Defenders too.  Trick is to catch em going for the K-turn and give yourself a turn or two of free shots while the Defender is facing the wrong way.

(OP, are you clearing the tractor beam tokens at the end of the round?  Some of your comments made me wonder.)

The generic are great now with the -2 cost and free evade. Actually you can have two evades, since it's assigned, but I usually take the focus.

Where do you got the second evade from?

I would use an old Turret build and use Engine to boost out of Arc and hopefully only trade every second shot.

Sounds okish.

3x3 attack dice behind evade or with a free TB shot are not easy to crack for the Outrider or Falcon. The falcon loses his ability to use C3PO or or does very low damage against TIE/x7, while the outrider should do significant better thanks to the new PTL+EU+Jarrus Build, still the TIE/D get in fire position he goes down in one 2-4 turns against 3 Defender, while the damage output against TIE/x7 is still low, even with that 4 dice HTL. (0.4 when he has to BR/B and 1.6 when the outrider can F/TL). So it really depends on your flying and how annoying the ship(s) you bring with freighter can do. And as this TIEs bring 3/3 HP and have still 3 attack dice you do not need to go after the turret first. Even just one TIE/D can deal with the falcon. 6 HP behind 3 green is about equal to 13 behind zero green, no C3PO and just one evade. 

Though HTLs seem to get destroyed by defenders, they deal enough damage to make 4 Gold Squadrons go boom faster than they seem to be able to deal with defenders. The Titles seem to really help defenders a lot. 

Edited by SEApocalypse

Tell your friend to bring glittercrack brobots and accept the joust. First round of firing vessery shouldn't get the benefit of his ability and dual fcs gunner hlcs is scary for something with six hp.

My friend is having alot of issues with my defenders lately and feels a bit put off so what I'd like from you guys is ideas on the best way to deal with them.

I've never flown against them and I'm not the most experienced rebel player so I can't offer him advice.

I don't have a set list but I do like /D on vessery with TB.

Plus you're all going to need to figure this out anyway so let's see some ideas please.

Hey budd, what is your Defender list?

I don't have a fixed list I change week to week.

Has he tried Mines in his list?  That might muck up a Tie Defender if the field gets cluttered with Conner Nets and Proximity Mines.  Y-wings with EM and Bombs can cheaply get a lot of those out there.  K-wings might be able to dance around the table and try to lure the Defenders through all the Mines out there as it plinks away with TLT's.