Sign in to follow this  
slowreflex

Giant X-Wing Board and Pieces!

What was used for the large models, they look like they are action figure scale. Those tokens, that's crazy! The asteroids bother me tho because they are just round template bottoms, and not the actual rock shapes.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I would totally be down for doing this.  Given I would have to limit my build based off of my models (or force myself to expand my modeling collection), but I can make a nice T65, T70, Y wing list.  Perhaps I just need to add an A wing and I'll be all set!

Too bad I can't find any E wing models anywhere.

I've been meaning to do something similar for a while now just haven't gotten to it.

How, oh how, did they do the giant dice?

I'd take a guess that they're cut out of wood or plastic (IIRC making an octahedron is simple enough on a table saw sled from square stock), rounded over with a router, than painted and the faces cut out of vinyl and stuck on, looking at the image.

Could be a new exercise routine. Imagine all the running around you would have to do flying a TIE swarm! Make the die 5lbs each. Your are lifting and tossing 10lbs every attack with a Tie Fighter, then Howlrunner makes you do it again! Gotta get Tony Horton (P90X guy) on this ASAP!