Sign in to follow this  
RusakRakesh

Well Played FFG! Bryan Young on Ahsoka and F&D

Anyone else think this was a really weird article?

Have they done stuff like this before, did I just miss it?

Okay, quite aside from the fact I've never liked the character or ever be likely to use it, it just seemed weird when all of us are waiting, F5 buttons worn down to stubs by refreshing, for some news - any news! - on the game lines.

And we got this.  I'm sure I'm in the minority but I felt it was kind of random, and would have much preferred some news on the next releases.  There's nothing at all we know about any new releases for EoE or AoR and that feels odd. I'm sure the sky isn't falling, but it still feels strange.

Kind of felt like 'oh, we have to do an article on the game, but we don't have any news about it'... :(

I mean, they've already established before that they're not going to do an 'NPC book of stats' thing like many RPGs and that NPCs are just made up according to whatever they need to do for the current storyline. 

Edited by Maelora

To me, it feels like FFG is waiting for something before they announce a new slew of books. Or even a brand new core book, IDK. In the meantime, they try to tide us over with this scrap. I'll take it for now. But I don't agree with Brian Young on how to use Ahsoka, necessarily.

Yeah, going this long without news feels like something is up.

Force Awakens edition? 2nd edition already? I don't know why they'd do that, but something feels off, and 'filler' articles like this one - with no connection to new products - is a sign something's not right.

TFA doesn't really provide enough information on the status of things in that period of time to warrant a new core, IMO. I haven't read the books and comics, though, so I might be missing a bit. And a second edition at this time would feel like punch in the face, really. But SOMETHING's up, for sure.

This is not a new content type, there were previously, yet very little, "fluff' articles.

I appreciate the change of tone, from news to articles. Very good change for the content in this site.

Oh yeah, I enjoyed the article as well! What I really like about these books, is that they focus quite a bit to making your characters and universe fleshed out. :)

I could see why he wrote this specific article.

After all, the Season Finale for Rebels season 2 was just a few weeks ago, which heavily featured Ahsoka.

And also that they announced a new novel featuring her set in the years after she left the Jedi order.

Staying as current as they can with Star Wars can't hurt.

Edited by kaosoe

I don't know why they'd do that, but something feels off, and 'filler' articles like this one - with no connection to new products - is a sign something's not right.

I would argue that the opposite is true: a company that delivers no content except product information is more likely a sign that the company isn't very dedicated to the line. Most big name publishers produce material outside of their release schedule, so it's actually strange that FFG doesn't normally.