Sign in to follow this  
Molaman14

With Imperial Veterans on the horizon, what are some of you guys' Imperial squad ideas??

I like Defenders presently, and think both new varieties will just be great.  I will still try to make up a three Defender list, but, I think the Defender role will always be best with just one.

Long Range Scanners will be really cool initially, but, I wonder if they will be less of an automatic choice.  The lack of close locks might be a hindrance.

I want double Glaives with the D title, Predator, and ion cannons, supported by a TIE bomber shuttle with Mara Jade and Intel Agent. It's a control list that also hits like a truck. Control Truck, maybe? Ot Truck Control? This bears considering.

I will try out a number of different lists, but the only one I actually believe to be effective is Vessery (with either title) together with any two of the following:

Vader

Omega Leader

Whisper

Palpshuttle

I am also looking to try Tomax Bren (with Crack shot and some missiles/torpedoes) as support for a few different aces builds.

Long range scanners will probably not see a lot of play. Not because they are bad, but because people running ordnance will want to fill their modification slot with Guidance chips.

Gamma Squadron Pilot X3

Extra Munitions

Homing Missiles

Long Range Sensors

Deathfire

Extra Munitions

Flechette Torpedeoes

Connor Net

Long Range Sensors

Gammas are the Primary damage dealers which Deathfire disrupts with Nets

That sounds like the list proposed in the latest FFG news article about the Veterans box. 

Do you plan on using Deathfire as a flanker and running across side to side dropping Connor nets?  In that case, you could run him with two Connor nets and drop the Homing missiles and LR Scanners.

I could see a flanking bomber working with the first three running full throttle on a missile attack down the middle.

Another plan I had was to use two or three bombers in the middle dropping a fence line of cluster missiles as the pass across. 

Major Rhymer — TIE Bomber 26

Veteran Instincts 1

Extra Munitions 2

Advanced Proton Toros 6

Long-Range Scanners 0

Ship Total: 35

The Inquisitor — TIE Advanced Prototype 25

Veteran Instincts 1

Autothrusters 2

TIE/v1 1

Ship Total: 29

Darth Vader — TIE Advanced 29

Veteran Instincts 1

Advanced Targeting Computer 1

Engine Upgrade 4

TIE/x1 0

Ship Total: 35

All in all, 99 pts

I know this doesn't include much from Imperial Veterans but I ran this in a 3v3 battle and it seemed to perform really well. Still need to test it in a 1 on 1 situation though.

TRIPLE 8'S

99 points

PILOTS

“Omega Leader” (30)
TIE/fo Fighter (21), Comm Relay (3), Juke (2), Shield Upgrade (4)

The Inquisitor (34)
TIE Advanced Prototype (25), Push the Limit (3), Proton Rockets (3), TIE/v1 (1), Autothrusters (2)

Colonel Vessery (35)
TIE Defender (35), Veteran Instincts (1), TIE/x7 (-2), Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)