Sign in to follow this  
Firespray-32

Imperial Veterans Bomber Article

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/4/15/bombs-away/

Systems Officer and Deathfire are the new reveals.

swx52-deathfire.png  swx52-systems-officer.png

Gotta say, I do like the look of Deathfire. Systems Officer also synergises quite nicely with Fleet Officer for mass action distribution.

Edited by Blue Five

Anybody have an opinion if the "free action" for a bomb drop overpowers the "only one bomb per turn" rule or if there is a chance of being able to drop two?  I'm guessing it is so you can drop action bombs early or movement bombs late, but I have a sliver of hope for double Proton Bombs.

Edit: Probably does not overwrite, and does nothing for revealing maneuver bombs.  This lets you drop mines before a move or have an action and then drop a mine after a move.

Edited by AEIllingworth

Anybody have an opinion if the "free action" for a bomb drop overpowers the "only one bomb per turn" rule or if there is a chance of being able to drop two?  I'm guessing it is so you can drop action bombs early or movement bombs late, but I have a sliver of hope for double Proton Bombs.

No, it doesn't override the "one bomb per turn" rule.

Only one bomb per round.

Dropping Proton Bombs isn't an action headed card. Deathfire works on mines.

Deathfire is my new lord and master in Imperials. I'd actually equip him with System

Officer so I could buff my other bombers before being in range to bomb my enemies.

TIE Shuttle strips your bomb slots.
Edited by Blue Five

I'm not sure where you got double Proton Bombs but I was thinking about this as well. Something tells me we will still be limited to one bomb per turn per ship, for the same reason that Experimental Interface doesn't let a Punisher drop Cluster Mines and then a Conner Net in the same turn. Even Deathrain, who could have done so after moving, Clusters out the front or back, Barrel Roll, and then EI into a Conner Net (front or back).

At least the Bomber only has the one Bomb slot, so there's less inherent silliness at stake.

It will be interesting to see if TIE Shuttle support builds start popping up. This is just 22 points, and does a lot for your action economy:

Scimitar Squadron Pilot (16)

Fleet Officer (3)

Systems Officer (2)

Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

TIE Shuttle (0)

If you want to go for for the spinning rims and leather seat option:

Tomax Bren (24)
Cool Hand (1)
Fleet Officer (3)
Systems Officer (2)
Twin Ion Engine Mk II (1)
TIE Shuttle (0)

Bren gets a Focus and Evade token for himself, plus grants a Focus and Target lock to another friendly ship at PS8.

Little death rain! So cute :D

Obviously nowhere near as good, sadly; doesn't even have an ept for Arush :(

Oh no... You're right... No EPT... Unfortunately, that means he'll likely end up in the bin with the other non-EPT pilots on EPT ships... sigh...

Can anyone explain to me why Systems Officer needed to be faction specific? Especially with it being limited, that seems curious.

Card art?  Really I would guess so you can't put it on a scum/rebel hawk and have doubly modified TLT's for super cheap.

Edited by jonnyd

Death fire with conners extras (is the only way to fly) is...23 points.

Unreliable since he can't "joust" like death rain but far far cheaper. Might be okay. Same PS as uboats; will shut them down with initiative bid + conners

Action is not specified; should trigger off of squad leader or similar. Could trigger off of EU boost, but then you're 1 over juke relay omega L

Alternative: IPM brings him to OL prices (gchip/scanners for free). Ion for days

Can anyone explain to me why Systems Officer needed to be faction specific? Especially with it being limited, that seems curious.

Ner

Guess because fleet off is also imp only

Edited by ficklegreendice

K4 Security Droid + Systems Officer.

No EPT... Unfortunately, that means he'll likely end up in the bin with the other non-EPT pilots on EPT ships... sigh...

Sure there's no EPT, but it's a 1-point step up from Scimitar Squadron for a fantastic ability--you double your placement options. And it comes with a pretty nice PS for what you want him to do.

Scalpel + Hammer (99)

Scimitar Squadron Pilot (22) - TIE Bomber

TIE Shuttle (0), Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1), Fleet Officer (3), Systems Officer (2)

"Whisper" (41) - TIE Phantom

Veteran Instincts (1), Fire Control System (2), Agent Kallus (2), Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Rexler Brath (36) - TIE Defender

Adaptability (0), TIE/x7 (-2), Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

First round of combat, green maneuver the shuttle. Give Whisper a target lock and both Whisper and Brath a Focus. Whisper evades, and Brath target locks. Now for first round of combat, Whisper and Brath have focus + evade + target lock.