Sign in to follow this  
Final Draft

Question about Crew Member: Kanan Jarrus?

Okay, so in my league play this past Thursday night, my second opponent was fielding a mostly standard "Doughnut of Doom" Dash Rendar (Dash Rendar, Push the Limit, Outrider, Heavy Laser Cannon, Engine Upgrade), except instead of Nien Numb or Kyle Katarn, he had Kanan Jarrus. The rest of his list was a Ghost.

Now, the way I'm reading Kanan's effect is that it a friendly ship (the Ghost) executes a white straight speed maneuver at range 1-2, the ship equipped with Kanan Jarrus (Dash) removes a stress token from "that ship" (the Ghost). Now, what my opponent was doing, it didn't seem like the range was being checked. And later on, after he performed an ill-fated 5 k-turn that landed the Ghost off of the board, Dash Rendar was still using crew member Kanan's ability to remove a PTL induced stress from Dash with 3-turns and the like.

So my question: Is this even legal? Am I reading the card right? I did not question it during the game because my opponent is more seasoned in X-wing than I am, but this has been bothering me all night, because it did not seem legal.

Kanan Jarrus reads: "Once per round, after a friendly ship at Range 1-2 executes a white maneouvre, you may remove 1 stress token from that ship"

The way this seems to me: A friendly ship (the Ghost) executes the maneouvre, triggering only if it is a white maneouvre and only if it was executed at range 1-2 of the ship equipped with Kanan Jarrus (Dash Rendar). Then, "you", implying the equipped ship, may remove 1 stress token from "that ship" (the Ghost) which implies any other ship other than Dash Rendar, or the ship that Kanan Jarrus crew member is equipped with. And after all accompanying ships have either been destroyed or flown off of the map, does Kanan even trigger any more?

In case it matters, the Ghost was a Lothal Rebel equipped with Intelligence Agent, Autoblaster Turret, Fire Control System, and Hera Syndulla.

The entire situation seemed highly illegal to me, is why I bring it up. Thanks for the feedback~ 

So, what other try to say is that if he was removing stress from Dash, without measuring range to Ghost - than it is fine. But if he did not measure range between the ships and removed the stress from Ghost, than this is illegal (unless the range is so close that you don't really care (usually less than range 1).