Sign in to follow this  
FlyingAnchors

Ze Furhrer reacts...

I don't understand the Kobra Kai comment. Would somebody please explain?

Are you trolling or is it a legitimate question?

"Wax on, wax off"

Evryone should go watch the Karate Kid right now!

Legitimate question. I've watched the movie many years ago. Still don't get the reference.

The Kobra Kai was the name of the dojo that the bullies in The Karate Kid belonged to. They taught that winning was everything and you should have no mercy for your opponents.

There's more here than that. If it was just that, I would have thought it was unfunny and preposterous.

Yesterday someone was giving Nova some heat over stuff, acting as if Nova was some sort of hive mind conglomerate of jerks, and not just a very loosely affiliated group of all kinds of x-wingers from the same geographic area. A responder pointed this out by saying they aren't the Kobra Kai of x-wing. Hence, the callback to that Kobra Kai reference, which is funny because it is satirically making fun of forum denizens and not actually a real comparison to Kobra Kai.

Here:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/217098-interesting-twitch-tuesday-tonight-3-of-the-top-8-from-roanoke/?p=2165467

Edited by GiraffeandZebra

The Kobra Kai was the name of the dojo that the bullies in The Karate Kid belonged to. They taught that winning was everything and you should have no mercy for your opponents.

There's more here than that. If it was just that, I would have thought it was unfunny and preposterous.

Yesterday someone was giving Nova some heat over it, acting as if Nova was some sort of hive mind conglomerate of jerks, and not just a very loosely affiliated group of all kinds of x-wingers from the same geographic area. A responder pointed this out by saying they aren't the Kobra Kai of x-wing. Hence, the callback to that Kobra Kai reference, which is funny.

At this point, the NOVA facebook group has something like 2000 people on it. From literally every continent except Antarctica(seriously, WTH is that still a continent). It started out as people in the Baltimore/DMV area but it has grown a lot.

and the generalization is absolutely ridiculous. But the video is pretty funny hahaha.

Edited by Timathius