Sign in to follow this  
thatdave

Intentional Draw poll

Not 2... Placing the kind of restrictions that people feel are necessary on the ID removes pretty much all point of it existing, and could potentially create some very sticky tournament situations.

Far better at that point to do away with it entirely.

Personally I'm ok with the existence of an ID option.

So: 1 for me.

What I am curious about is why the game is running on a W/L/D system, when you could probably just rank players directly by their net MOV.

Not sure how that would impact the ID situation.

Since I am supposed to pick one, I'd say 3. My real answer is: #4, intentional draws are for cowards and anyone who takes one should be banned from competitive play.

If you want your game/hobby to have ANY competitive legitimacy, getting rid of d-bag moves like this is the only acceptable response. It NEVER should have been an option and anyone with a background in any form of competitive activity (sports, chess, debate, etc.) would never have considered them for any form of competitive environment where integrity was intended. This entire conversation has been ludicrous and could have been avoided with some semi-intelligent rules in the first place.

3 but I am willing to entertain 2 given the right idea that rewards people for winning. Seems most people don't see the value in seeding higher in the cut.

I don't see why you should be rewarded with MORE points because of something you already were rewarded for doing. If you want any points, you need to score something (half MoV on a large group or destorying a small ship).

Not 2... Placing the kind of restrictions that people feel are necessary on the ID removes pretty much all point of it existing, and could potentially create some very sticky tournament situations.

Far better at that point to do away with it entirely.

Personally I'm ok with the existence of an ID option.

So: 1 for me.

What I am curious about is why the game is running on a W/L/D system, when you could probably just rank players directly by their net MOV.

Not sure how that would impact the ID situation.

I actually like this idea. Don't know why I didn't think of it before.

#3, but with an asterisk: I think OP is right that as the game becomes more popular, we'll more and more frequently see weird games where at least one player doesn't need (or sometimes doesn't want) to win. Some kind of change is needed to fix that, preferably to the tournament structure itself.